Get fitted now or wait??

swisstrader

As most of you are aware, the NY winters will be upon us with a fury in just a few short days/weeks and I go from serious addict to complete withdrawal. That being said, I'm interested in a driver fitting and can't decide whether to do it now while my swing is in shape and having then to store the new driver in the closet for the next 4 months or so, or simply wait until spring for the fitting and a new driver.

I know most of the JDM brands only come out with new product every X number of years, but would also hate to buy now and find out Epon or others are announcing some new and improved driver in the interim.

Thoughts?

I would wait as you could change your mind or something new will come out.

When you say most JDM brands come out with new products every X number of years, that would apply only to Epon.

All JDM brands come out with new products at least every year... some even more frequently!

You should get fit now, buy, then come over to the west coast to play. :)

Funny fat man...just did that! Played Torrey Pines and Monarch Beach in CA and then a few courses in Vegas (Cascada being my new favorite)

• 2 weeks later...

As most of you are aware, the NY winters will be upon us with a fury in just a few short days/weeks and I go from serious addict to complete withdrawal. That being said, I'm interested in a driver fitting and can't decide whether to do it now while my swing is in shape and having then to store the new driver in the closet for the next 4 months or so, or simply wait until spring for the fitting and a new driver.

I know most of the JDM brands only come out with new product every X number of years, but would also hate to buy now and find out Epon or others are announcing some new and improved driver in the interim.

Thoughts?

I think you'd do better to get fit now while you're in top driving condition. You can consult a golf pro at your favorite golf course for some personal in put, but if you get set up now you can do some indoor swing training through the cold winter ahead and loss less of your edge. There are plenty of indoor training aids you might want to use & you might as well be using your custom-fit clubs while you do it!

And, like another poster suggested, you never know if you might be out of town to a warmer environment - might as well have your personally fit drivers ready!

Happy Driving!

Gifted Golfer

http://giftedgolfer.com/

I would wait as you could change your mind or something new will come out.

When you say most JDM brands come out with new products every X number of years, that would apply only to Epon.

All JDM brands come out with new products at least every year... some even more frequently!

Although I had replied earlier that they should just go ahead and get fitted, you make a good point! You are right, there could be plenty of new and exciting releases and they might want to avail themselves of the latest and greatest. I have personally had this happen and I spent the season eyeing my golfing buddy with this cool new driver.!

I guess you might just flip a coin! lol

Gifted Golfer

I say get fitted for specs but dont buy. Then get into a keep in shape program during winter (but be careful not to get big chested lol. get a stronger ass muscles instead, its the new chest hehe)

Once it's starting to get warm, then get re-fitted then see whats the new toys that are out.