I've been converted to JDM... Epon AF Tour BLACKS!

JGalls

Just went through a full fitting (more detailed post coming). The fitting studio has a full and I mean FULL line of JDM gear in addition to all the US stuff. The fitting lead it's way into the JDM gear and I was just blown away. The feel was superb, quality outstanding and the numbers spoke for themselves.

Again full detailed post coming, but I'm going to be a proud new owner of Epon AF-Tour Blacks with Diamana Thump X shafts.

Never thought I spend this much change on a set of clubs, but if it cures my ho'ing, then it's worth it. Also never imagined I'd be fit for those shafts, but this combo on average gave me a 18 yard increase in iron distances. I've never achieved the numbers that I was getting out of these. The lighter shafts increased my SS significantly and the X flex (any other shaft specs) did a great job combatting my early release. The numbers will get even better as these were without the lofts/lies being tweaked for me.

I did hit the 502's further but I had more confidence in the look of the AF-Tours.

Oh yeah... FORGIVING!!!!! The fitter was laughing at me because I kept saying... "I can't believe these are a blade!" over and over. They have to be the most forgiving blade ever produced.

Great stuff dude. Not sure if that's really gonna cure your ho'ing though now that u got the taste :)

Sounds good - looking forward to seeing pics of the blades in black. (what colour are the shafts? ;-) )

Where was this fitting?

ps I know the black looks stealth and good - but if you're in a hot and humid area you may want to consider changing to copper-chrome (sexy and no rust). The black on my 301's would rust in Thailand...

Welcome to the dark side! I wanted to go with black on my 502's and the only thing that kept me away from black was the need to maintain them a bit with keeping them dry and oiling occasionally. But great looking clubs...congrats!

Welcome to the Dark Side!

I love the blacks but went for copper colour !

As above look forward to seeing the new Tools!;)

Welcome to the dark side...your ho'ing has just began...

darkside.jpg

Thats quite possibly the best picture I've ever seen on the net!!

I want that with an Epon Driver as my Avatar!!

Dale

C Its my representation of JDM clubs. The XXIO being the number 1selling clubs in Japan imho.

Dale...will email you one if i get hold of my laptop, as i'm currently using my ipad.

C Its my representation of JDM clubs. The XXIO being the number 1selling clubs in Japan imho.

Dale...will email you one if i get hold of my laptop, as i'm currently using my ipad.

Cheers..

How about Yoda with a Cally in his green Mits!!

Or boba fett sporting a all black pvd crazy 405 proto, diamana stinger?

I could have done with Bobba Fett's suit this weekend to keep the cold out....!!

Just went through a full fitting (more detailed post coming). The fitting studio has a full and I mean FULL line of JDM gear in addition to all the US stuff. The fitting lead it's way into the JDM gear and I was just blown away. The feel was superb, quality outstanding and the numbers spoke for themselves.

Again full detailed post coming, but I'm going to be a proud new owner of Epon AF-Tour Blacks with Diamana Thump X shafts.

Never thought I spend this much change on a set of clubs, but if it cures my ho'ing, then it's worth it. Also never imagined I'd be fit for those shafts, but this combo on average gave me a 18 yard increase in iron distances. I've never achieved the numbers that I was getting out of these. The lighter shafts increased my SS significantly and the X flex (any other shaft specs) did a great job combatting my early release. The numbers will get even better as these were without the lofts/lies being tweaked for me.

I did hit the 502's further but I had more confidence in the look of the AF-Tours.

Oh yeah... FORGIVING!!!!! The fitter was laughing at me because I kept saying... "I can't believe these are a blade!" over and over. They have to be the most forgiving blade ever produced.

Congratulations! You definitely have to post pics once you get them!

• 1 month later...

The AFT's are some of the most forgiving blades out there no doubt. I don't think your ho'ing has been cured though, it may just be getting started..lol

The AFT's are some of the most forgiving blades out there no doubt. I don't think your ho'ing has been cured though, it may just be getting started..lol

For sure on both counts :)

Don't want to be a downer on all this Epon 'Black' love but all my experience (and not with Epon if I may say) is that blades given the ion (black) treatment tend to feel harsher! Is that fair or not?

Pete

Don't want to be a downer on all this Epon 'Black' love but all my experience (and not with Epon if I may say) is that blades given the ion (black) treatment tend to feel harsher! Is that fair or not?

Pete

I can agree with that. I'm not sure why though and I wouldn't say it only applies to blades. I had a set of Epon 502's made in black that felt much more harsh than the plated version. Same goes with some of the Miura's I've owned. Black looks the best, Copper feels the best, and Plated is in the middle with no wear.

You could plate the AFT's with cement and they'd still feel better than most. One of the most pure feeling Irons on the Planet.

Where's the pics Jim? I need to see some AFT blacks.

Well, we're waiting.

Still waiting pal.