crazy f14 + f16 FW woods

supo

i finally succomed to the pressure of grabbing a set of these heads.

ive had the f16 for a while. with the quadra fex 75 xs, but ive been hitting the yamaha v-17 stinger combo so well this hasnt had much air time.

its almost, but not quite a duplication. the crazy is 16.5* the yamaha is 17 * the yamaha much easier to hit and significantly higher flighted.

so i picked up the f14 a cpl of days ago and teamed it up with my rogue unheaded crazy fw 8.2. shaft

hit the range this morn b4 the match in absolutely perfect conditions. not a breath of wind.

there is no going left with this. i hit it as hard as i could and it juts sailed low , piercing strong and monster long !

i was out driving my playing partners with the 3 w in hand off the tee........ easily.

it is the antithesis of the kasco ive been bagging for a few months , that didnt get a start today bec of the new f14.

the differnce in shafts in these two heads was very very noticeable.

the quadra although slightly softer flex in sx, is a very very good choice for the higher lofted wood.

its easily more workable higher , but its a strong flight still. theres no mickey mouse powderpuff faders on this thing no sireee......,

the wind doesnt make this thing balloon it just gets it airborn easier.

from the fairway the f14 isnt what id call real easy to hit ,

but its not impossible either . its prob not ideal.

the f16 is def longer than my yamaha 5w and i can bag this as either a weak 3w or strong fw .

its a very good allrounder , and def better form a tee than the 5 yamaha.

the 3wood i think is 14.5 * and of all 3 woods ive gamed so far , after just one round. i will say this is right up there as one of the longest and best to hit from a tee.

once agn the yamaha 3w is easier and higher, but the crz is just mental. its awsome

i hardly took the driver out of the bag today and was up where i like to be on most holes.

i dont think ill be hitting the f14 from the fairway too often, but with the f16 in bag as well theres absolutely no need. its as solid as anything u could ever hope for and the crz fw shaft in it is irreplaceble.

in all the woods ive ever made, NOTHING is a better suited pair than these two pieces. nothing. the quadra is a good fw shaft combo , but its not even on the same plane as the crz shaft, i wont change it over , bec i like ,( and need!) the slightly higher flight of the FEX . but the 3 wood cray fw is just ,, well u gotta hit it to beleive it .

its very pear shaped but with a flat base. so at address it looks like u can jut ht it straight. theres no discernable orientation to draw fade. like i get on a lot of pear shaped woods.

but as a driveable fw wood , good lord this combo is utterly stunning.

now where to play it and when...................!

Yea Stew, i was looking at the pro shop & cant find anything. Its sounds really good though.

thanks exile.

Yeah stew has had the f16 for quite awhile now

Been really curious to try their wood offerings but

With all the available wood offerings it kinda took

A back seat. I am not as strong or consistent in woods

As stew is so il probably be a f16 at most!

Very nice Stew. Is the f16 16.5 or 15.5?

Thanks T. Absolute beaut. T or S, could you pls measure face height?

Glad it got there C :)

Good priced but maybe too deep faced. 3w search is still on.

How much do these heads cost?

How much do these heads cost?

email Tario, he is quick

Glad it got there C :)

Good priced but maybe too deep faced. 3w search is still on.

Sape reminds me of a larger sized kasco fw wood. Looks more like a hybrid than a wood wood

• 2 years later...

revisiting this old beauty..

if ur a bit mehhhhhhhhhhhhh regarding the latest fashion of ultra sleek long big wide massive fwd design.

(which i gotta say make them a heck of a lot easier to hit ,and really long as a general rule.............)

well.., u cud do worse than look at these again.

i rebagged these again a cpl of times recently and boy they are having the desired effect.

i was always a bit skeptical of hitting ultra small compact fat faced FWD from the deck bec. ,but bad shots with short fat fws. have a tendency to dribble 10 yards..., off a tee sure bang away , they are much better , but that doesnt even need doing very much anylonger with my push towards smaller and shorter driver heads

hence why i went towards the s-yards.. the ryoma,, the egg origina as fwds l for a long time, to maximise the highest longest distance form the easiest , longest fw woods possible.

so sat i was at a marvellous jack course in the mountians that is just beautiful. one of the best days golf ive ever had in japan, run by a heck of a top irish chap Jim
, '"boys. the course is urs, theres no one near you enjoy ur 2-ball"

so it was a 2 ball BB indivisual event. with unlimited clubs

got to hit evertying i had multiple times

so so so enjoyable

well the track of the "jack tees" is 7054 yards and theres no probs playing them, he is TRUELY my fav designer. his courses just make the day so so pleasant.

par 5s are reachable with a well struck 3 wood. so well i went at them all, and went hard.

off the deck the f14 which are 13.5* look quite intimdating but after hitting tons of them i discovered that they are in fact......... pretty damn consistant . flight is very low and ultra piercing but the impact was pure ( and a delight to hit) on every shot and the reuslts were sensational. prob NOT ideal if uwant to land them form high heights and sit esp , if theres water in front of a green kinda thing..

i thnk these might not be the answer, but for running long low balls into targets they were absolutely superb.

ive now got several f- series fwds now

f14 with roddio S7x

f14 with crazy black 50 8.7 XX

f16 with roddio S8x

f19 with diamana stinger X

f22 with crayz black FW 8.2 X

all distances and possibilites covered.

just a thought if , like me, ur thinking alternate routes then i gotta say these are just proving thier worth and then some..!

Edited by supo67