Crazy shaft fitted to rocketballz.......

mygreenaliem

In about a week from now we will have video testing of all the latest drivers available in Japan. That includes the RBZ etc..

Tatsuro & Stew are the testers. Launch monitor data included!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gooooooooooooooo Stew! Hit the lights out of the gear you'll be able to swing! And to you Tatsuro, do the same! I'm sure all the interested members at GTI/TSG will heavily enjoy the videos!

Does TSG have testers with more average swing speeds testing this out too? Over the years, I'm convinced that feedback from really good golfers, like Tats and Stew, doesn't serve the average swinger as much as the better golfers b/c equipment needs are way different. Even how better golfers interpret feedback and really make the most of equipment potential is different. I guess that's why I really value Tario's take on new gear, just wish there were some other, more average, testers b/c one man can't do it all :)

I think TSG needs more testers for the 'R' flex stuff. :-)

Does TSG have testers with more average swing speeds testing this out too? Over the years, I'm convinced that feedback from really good golfers, like Tats and Stew, doesn't serve the average swinger as much as the better golfers b/c equipment needs are way different. Even how better golfers interpret feedback and really make the most of equipment potential is different. I guess that's why I really value Tario's take on new gear, just wish there were some other, more average, testers b/c one man can't do it all :)

Good thought. I can crank my SS up to 108 but on average it is about 102, maybe 104. When i see guys on here using Crazy 8.2 flex I just cringe. I tried the cb46 7.2 in a Ryoma head and to me it felt like a board. Hated it. Maybe a bad combo but i could not imagine from that experience trying an 8. anything in crazy.

Just picked up a Tour 9* RBZ from Roots and Relics. I'll try out the stock shaft for now... might have to put my 9003s in it, if i can't make it work. How do you guys feel about TM's stock TPHD6 shaft?

*Sorry for hjacking ur thread>

Edited by xchangmanx

I hear ya, We really don't have anyone who can get into the show that first day with TSG who has an average SS but more importantly is a skilled ball striker. Tario is busy taking pictures and I'm doing meetings and video. All we have is Tatsuro and Stew but I know Tatsuro can slow it down quite a bit as he has done a load of TSG reviews with NS950 SR, SR flex Tour AD's and Crazy shafts for me.

I think us domestic TM graphic shafts are all the real deal, whereas the MFT shafts like kaili and ilima have way different shaft profile to their aftermarket originals.

Do you mean TM graphic upgrade shafts? If so they are not the same as aftermarket.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

Thaks for the reports fromthe show.

Stew is rather quiet. Has he been converted to the green side and does not want to admit ;-)?

Stew,

You must have something to say about rbz! Common spit it out. Is it realy that good?

I am sure I am not the only one wanting to know!

Thanks chaps.

F

okay I have to chime in here. First I have played 54 holes with a 9* RBZ tour head. I have used the stock stiff shaft and a GD ad-di. The ad-di was a bad fit for this head. The ball just flew too high for me. It was much more stable than the stock shaft but it did not work overall. I would get 250 to 255 carry and almost no roll. Now on to the stock matrix stiff. Yuck. This shaft is so inconsistent. If I kept my SS below 100 it was a decent shaft but still not tight at all. When I swung harder it was all over the place. Terrible shaft for anyone who swings over 98 mph in my opinion. I really like this head. I think with the right shaft it could be a good gamer to have. So far it is in the lead for me to get if the Kamui 456 does not pan out. I have no doubt that with the right shaft profile combined with a better quality product that this head will produce good results. This is my back up plan if the Kamui/Bangvoo does not work out. Ok maybe I will try the Crazy 435 or 425 first but I really like this head.

We have some interesting info with some LM data showing the difference between R11J, RBZ, and Gloire with Tatsuro as the tester. We also watched friends results with TM drivers and pretty much everything was the same across the board.

RBZ = just a little longer than R11S

R11J = same distance as RBZ but with a bit more carry than R11S

Gloire = better SS due to shaft profile & longer length, Better feel, about 10-15 yards longer than RBZ.

Everything was tested with 9.5 lofts, square settings, and stock stiff shafts. The result against other brand drivers was much like what stew experienced last year. That TM drivers go straighter than most but have noticeably less distance.

I knew the Gloire would produce good results. Big TM forgiveness + more distance than US domestic + forged feel = winner. Just can't ever seem to get used to the white heads. I like the stealth look over this whimsical white, although the Gloire's lion emblem is a nice touch in marketing the products quality.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

the white TM ice cream thingies

are they white agn this week ?

damn..., i was hoping for an electirc purple one with yellow lighning bolt racing racing stripes this yr, month, week, day............,

anyway

i rem those white ice creams from last yr.

i got some pretty average numbers with it most shots , but when i got the right shaft , the ,(ahina i think it was ? ) i got some really good straight shots going ,dead down the centre every shot, every shot.

they were about 20+ yards short on average than the others i hit.

but in all seriousness the straighnesss of it was something i liked a lot.

i went out last week and bought the old classic

Tm tp burner form 2008(?) 9.5*

and im redoing it with a quadra FEX agn.

i just dont kid my self im going to get any kind of decent distance outa it. not expecting to.

but with the other new polished heavy artillery in my stable i dont need this to be long .

just super gun barrel straight

my thought is why dont TM advertise that they go really really staright rather than really really long ?

i guess having dustin on the HUGE screen all day hitting balls 500 miles,

when he can hit a tissue box with a brooom handle 474 miles makes folks think they can hit it long.

jeeeeez. id love to see what he does with a jbeam 435. or 425 tour

....................................wholly gawd......................................!

anyway i got one but an older one.

bec its STRAIGHT,

not white ,

and certianly not bec its long.

Edited by supo67

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

the white TM ice cream thingies

are they white agn this week ?

damn..., i was hoping for an electirc purple one with yellow lighning bolt racing racing stripes this yr, month, week, day............,

Hahaha, maybe Mugen should redesign the aesthetics.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to revive a thread that may be dead. I have another 36 holes in with the US TMade RBZ. I now have the Bassara Wyvern shaft in it. Folks it is longer than anything that I have hit. The shaft is smooth and I did gain another 15 yards over the tour spec motore speeder. I am now looking at the Gloire. Could I expect even more yards with the Gloire with a better shaft??????

Careful assuming the Wyvern isn't a keeper.

I think it's the shaft and specs of the club matching your swing not the head. We tested the RBZ extensively while in Japan, It produced the same distance as the R11/R11S/R11J with same loft, shaft, and flex.

We think the Gloire had better distance due to the increased head speed generated from a longer shaft.

I think it's the shaft and specs of the club matching your swing not the head. We tested the RBZ extensively while in Japan, It produced the same distance as the R11/R11S/R11J with same loft, shaft, and flex.

We think the Gloire had better distance due to the increased head speed generated from a longer shaft.

I totally agree with the club matching swing not head - goodness me I have tried and tried many combos, even the RBZ tour head with the same carzy shaft in the regular RBZ head and even that is not as consistent as the combo as stated in the origin of this thread.

What I would value is what is your opinion on the best driver head for distance out there - particularly paired with crazy shafts (just gotta have them!!)? I like the look of the PGR's, Yamaha's, onoff. What about the new Epon?coming out?

I totally agree with the club matching swing not head - goodness me I have tried and tried many combos, even the RBZ tour head with the same carzy shaft in the regular RBZ head and even that is not as consistent as the combo as stated in the origin of this thread.

What I would value is what is your opinion on the best driver head for distance out there - particularly paired with crazy shafts (just gotta have them!!)? I like the look of the PGR's, Yamaha's, onoff. What about the new Epon?coming out?

It really depends on the player. Some golfers need to reduce spin big time so a different head would be suggested. Those who hit it straight and have no issues with spin we would gear toward a long bomber style head. It's all about getting it straight at the perfect velocity and trajectory. There are so many great one's out now and on the horizon. The populars here are Crazy, Kamui, and Ryoma. In the past lots of people praised Epon. I think that Yamaha is on to some great things and so is ONOFF. My latest bomber is the ONOFF D-Long with a 46.25" Crazy CB-46 although I am awfully interested in the PRGR 7 driver. So I guess you may want to start by talking about your current club and what changes you would like to see as far as your flight, trajectory, carry and roll is.

Careful assuming the Wyvern isn't a keeper.

Oh I think the Wyvern is a keeper. It is very stable. I can't overpower this one.

Sorry my post was confusing. I would love to try the Gloire head with the Wyvern shaft. From tourspec's post it does not sound as though the Gloire head is any longer than the other TM heads. Just longer due to shaft length and weight. For me 46 inches is the max and that can get out of hand on a bad day.

Sorry my post was confusing. I would love to try the Gloire head with the Wyvern shaft. From tourspec's post it does not sound as though the Gloire head is any longer than the other TM heads. Just longer due to shaft length and weight. For me 46 inches is the max and that can get out of hand on a bad day.

We loved the Gloire! It was like a cross between the R11 & Epon 460ZR. feels sweet at impact too. 46" is good there are two versions one comes in 46". Wyvern is a good shaft just make sure it sounds like it fit's what your trying to do.

There is no way I am going to hit a RBZ driver......I got way too much invested in JDM stuff......haha with my Ryomas and my Kamuis and Epons......I would be horrified if the RBZ flat out won !