EPON Zero

HULC1105

No one notice it yet?

It's on Epon's website, in their on-line catalog. Looks really old school.

One loft: 10.5

Face angle: square

Standard length: 42.25, not a typo, short shaft length.

415cc head

Tour AD BB shafts (BB6s, BB7s & BB7x)

Face is Titanium alloy (6-4Ti) forged.

Reference price 115,000yen

This obviously is not for everyone, low spin, for the athletic players. From the catalog, it looks really clean (only a pic from the sole, nothing from the address), pear shape.

"Stay away if you are not strong enough. It is possible to lose everything. It is up to you if you go to the next level Or throw everything away" - from Epon's description of this driver.

Did I just accidentally leak the info of probably the hottest driver this year?

We need Chris/Tario now...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there's more to come.....

Hey, that think is sreaming - Come and hit me, Stew!

Can't wait to understand the design behind this.

10.5 only is total BS though.

I play with some really strong players who would hit this way too high.

This thing makes no sense... players driver - super short shaft, 10.5*? How does that make sense?

well i guess it might be something like the jbeam

thats thing is so low u need high loft to make the thing work 10.5 is good.

and if u cut the shaft to like 43.5 then ths jebam is a howler with the GD p9003x

mines at 44 and i can easlity cut another 0.5 from it no wuckers!

i guess this might be the same idea ????????????????????

I'm sure Epon have done there homework on this!!

Looking at the chart it looks pretty much like a low handi / pro model.

Remember that's a real 10.5* ..... Alot of 9.5* drivers have more actual loft....

at least my buddies new 9.5 rbz... just had checked... it's 11.2*

with all the low launch, low spin shafts out I don't think 10.5 is too bad.

Something tells me the hard hitting, good ball strikers have something to get excited about.

A couple of things, we need to confirm there wasn't any typo's in that listing. In the event that it's accurate Epon must have done something to make sure it doesn't play like your standard 45" 10.5 driver.

Take a look at the new PRGR Egg 7 degree driver. Hit's it higher than a buddy of mines 9.5 by messing with the shaft the face depth and other factors I dont see why they can't produce a 10.5* head thats super duper low.

it doesnt go against all logic, its quite logical and actually does makes alot of sense. if they are truly doing it kudos to them. the shorter the shaft the more control you have over the club. the more control you have over the club the more chance you have at having repeatable solid hits right on the sweetspot. the closer you are to the sweetspot the better is energy transfer from the clubhead to the ball and this results in higher ball speed and thus more distance. it also brings more accuracy as on center hits tighten dispersion. yes, you can get more clubhead speed with longer shaft but in most cases it is wasted due to lack of solid contact making added length and speed detrimental. ask Jamie Sadlowski, he has shorter driver that he is using in actual play and its not because he overshoots otherwise. anyone who can consistently hit their 46/45 on the screws i salute you but those who cant might benefit from shorter shaft length quite alot. this excerpt from Tom Wishon book which is worth reading in relation to this whole thing http://www.wishongolf.com/books/search_club_excerpt.php

Ok, perhaps not against all logic, but certainly against the grain, where the trend as of late has been toward longer and longer drivers. The blurb on better energy transfer and consistency at shorter lengths is certainly true. But I think most people can make decent contact with a controlled swing, especially with how forgiving game improvement clubs are these days. It's my opinion that there would considerable distance loss decreasing your club length by 3-4 inches.

It's my opinion that there would considerable distance loss decreasing your club length by 3-4 inches.

Absolutely.

It would be different if they could increase the cor, but they can't if they want it to conform.

I like the fact its 10.5

ive been micking around with higher launch driver heads recently and as memtioned the pairing of the real low spin shafts in these heads ive found a reallynice balance i get a mid highish flight but its a good flight the ball popps off the face and the face at address looks a lot more friendly than a. 9'

the cpl thap sprimg to mind are the solid contacts and the yamaha tour

the more lofted faces tend to give me a more secure feeling dont tgink im gonna missthem catastophically like an8.5

god if nakajima san was around id get to test this baby might give him a buz see if he can still get his hands one one!

the diamana x and thus look made for each othert

Edited by supo67

This is a compact deep faced head, and if the COG is really high 10.5 is probably smart in order to be able to launch the head at all. The added loft will give some extra forgivness and coupled with a (supposedly) high COG it can be a terrific driver. One thing Im slightly surprised about though is the face material..Havent we learned and been told that 6-4 ti is a budget s**t metal and only DAT 55, 56, SP700 or that special Endo Ti that I cant remember the name of right now is good enough in a super premium head? 6-4 is what all budget heads use.