Difference between Tourstage type m and j40 irons?

IshikawaFAN

The J40 & Type M are pretty much the same. Overall Bridgestone will release TourStage older models to the U.S that do not have expensive features i.e internal tungsten weighting or an advanced undercut system. The J40 didn't have those features to start with as a TourStage model but none the less they are good clubs.

The J40 driver is a quite a bit different though doesn't have a lot of the features the 703 due to the price points they have to reach in the states.

Do you mean the 707? What are the differences between the J40 driver and the 707 other than the adjustability?

The J40 & Type M are pretty much the same. Overall Bridgestone will release TourStage older models to the U.S that do not have expensive features i.e internal tungsten weighting or an advanced undercut system. The J40 didn't have those features to start with as a TourStage model but none the less they are good clubs.

The J40 driver is a quite a bit different though doesn't have a lot of the features the 703 due to the price points they have to reach in the states.

Patiently waiting for the demo vids from the fair... Have you guys hit the 707 yet?

Edited by IshikawaFAN

Do you mean the 707? What are the differences between the J40 driver and the 707 other than the adjustability?

It's hard to compare the J40 driver to any recent TourStage driver. The J40 was meant to be a cost effective model and thats obvious of the technology and materials used. For example it's totally made of 6-4Ti. It's not made by Endo like TourStage drivers are. They also use stainless weights instead of tungsten. Even the 405 driver from many years back packs a more tech and much better materials.

TourStage drivers feature a complicated design behind the face, integrated power body technology, a hyper mesh crown, along with the toe and heel being chemically milled to achieve better MOI numbers not to mention now adjustability and much better stock shafts

You would have to go back to 2006 to see TourStage drivers made like the J40.

Patiently waiting for the demo vids from the fair... Have you guys hit the 707 yet?

TourStage Video just posted on the blog, Yes we hit the 707 and have it on Video. That will be posted at a later time.

Is it good and when is it released?

For example it's totally made of 6-4Ti. It's not made by Endo like TourStage drivers are.

You mean like the new Miura Giken SIT-460 Driver?

For my game the GR line fit me better than the new 707 series. Even Tatsuro liked them, GR irons are solid Endo forged just a different shape and it's still not a large head by any means. The GR driver, materials, tech, manufacturing is still a big jump ahead of the J40 driver.

Any X-Series wood by TourStage will feel more firm than the DT111 which is not really designed for the golfer who desires that more solid sensation. The DT-111 was designed for more forgiveness it's really well made by Endo as well with that expensive and popular VL forged cup face . The DT111 would better compare to the GR series by TourStage.

Interesting. I'm enjoying the DT but the shape does bother me at times. The 08 x drive (spider web crown) was the last ts driver I played. I enjoyed that full feeling I got with it at impact. Very similar to r9 superdeep. Any insight on that comparison? You guys almost done editing the ts demo vid? Thanks again for the prompt replies!

we have lots of monitor videos just gotta get through the show videos first. It will be some time. Here's the thing LM numbers don't mean anything, for example you won't have nearly the same spin rates, launch, etc.. even if you had identical swing speeds as the tester. I've seen people on the internet place a lot of emphasis on LM's or report spin rates & launch angles when what they are seeing is how a club reacts to a particular person not themselves.

The monitor gives better feedback vs pics and discussion. Smash factor and ball speed are far more dependable. I like hearing the sound of the clubface more than anything.

You can't duplicate the smash factor and the ball speeds your seeing on the launch monitor if someone else is hitting it. For example I can hand pick a person who produces low spin and hits it on the screws with killer ball speeds using the worst performing driver against the average golfer using the best driver and based on the numbers you will think the poor performance driver is the better golf club.

Another example is spin rates, many pro's have higher spin rates and hit it dead straight where as most better than average golfers require lower spin to hit it straight. Swing plane, Lag, and a ton of other factors can really change LM numbers. Don't let launch monitors mess with your head.

I see players that hit it 125mph with 1300 rpm spin rates that can't hit a fairway then there are people like Tatsuro at 3000 rpm's that send's it dead straight all day with nearly the same distance yet the numbers on the LM are not as impressive.

Anyway you will see in the LM videos what I'm talking about. We have Trackman and a bunch of other LM testing coming shortly.

Let's not turn this into a spider thread. I'm aware of the variables. Keep the dogs in. I understand you don't want to misguide people who need spin and forgiveness but I would never assume what you said. I understand LM data perfectly, regardless of player skill level and quality vs performing equipment.

In the meantime, 10*launch 2600rpm assuming I crack it decently will GIVE ME 300 yards all day with my current driver. If I keep the same technique and hit a "quality" driver further and easier given it's conforming, it's in the bag! It comes down to shape I like, feel off the face but it will have to be dynamite to give up distance into the greens. Why would I adjust my technique to fit the driver?

Edited by IshikawaFAN

In the meantime, 10*launch 2600rpm assuming I crack it decently will GIVE ME 300 yards all day with my current driver. If I keep the same technique and hit a "quality" driver further and easier given it's conforming, it's in the bag! It comes down to shape I like, feel off the face but it will have to be dynamite to give up distance into the greens. Why would I adjust my technique to fit the driver?

I'm not saying change the swing just make adjustments. Both pro's and amateurs adjust their technique to fit the club. The most common reason for the adjustment is usually an on course situation. fundamentally your swing stay's the same. If i'm hitting a 70 gram X flex shaft and move to a 50 gram R flex shaft I will make adjustments It's pretty common.

That was just an example to get my point across. People adjust their swings for a variety of reasons that's all I'm sayin.