Topping the PRGR EGG SPOON

Yuganjay

I am new to here, read some articles and bought a Prgr Egg Spoon comes with factory original M40 and M43 shaft.

My coach, my friends and I just kept topping the ball when we test-drove the Egg with M40 shaft, getting better with M43 but still pull hook and/or big slice.

We have very different swing, but almost the same results, so I think must be the problem of the shaft. My club-fitter said the old shaft's kick-point is too high for us, re-shaft the Egg with a Matrix Ozik Xcon5 R-flex, and the ball flight turns out much better.

I am wondering why most of my friends and I can not handle such a credited Fairway wood? If I want to upgrade the shaft, what to consider?

I am more like a swinger with S.S. 95-100 mph, the weight of the reshafted egg spoon is 309g.

I am new to here, read some articles and bought a Prgr Egg Spoon comes with factory original M40 and M43 shaft.

My coach, my friends and I just kept topping the ball when we test-drove the Egg with M40 shaft, getting better with M43 but still pull hook and/or big slice.

We have very different swing, but almost the same results, so I think must be the problem of the shaft. My club-fitter said the old shaft's kick-point is too high for us, re-shaft the Egg with a Matrix Ozik Xcon5 R-flex, and the ball flight turns out much better.

I am wondering why most of my friends and I can not handle such a credited Fairway wood? If I want to upgrade the shaft, what to consider?

I am more like a swinger with S.S. 95-100 mph, the weight of the reshafted egg spoon is 309g.

My ss is 92-95 mph and I reshafted the Egg Spoon with Crazy FW80 6.4 (66 gr.). It is night and day compared to the M40 stock shaft.

At 43´´ , 42 g. grip, and a little bit tip weight and 2 g at toe it come out at 323 g / D3.

Best 3 wood I have every played (after reshafting!).

If you top the shaft with more headweight (lead tape), your clubfitter should check the spine alignment of the shaft.

Edited by sundowner

• 2 weeks later...

i swapped out the stock egg shaft and stuck a Fubuki AX 75 in my egg 3w.

much better, perhaps, it's the added weight of the Fubuki AX 75 that makes everything more stable to the swing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite the opposite experience. The ONLY club in my bag that I can put a crap swing on and the ball still flies. Love the sound at impact, distance and just about everything else about the Egg.

Now changed to N.S. Pro 950 FW S Flex , getting better but a little bit too heavy.

Any good suggestion ?

Attas T2 ? Crazy ? How to choose the right shaft for one'self ?

I have always believed that certain type of head design are more suitable to a particular shaft bend profile than the other. The egg, I feel, did not work very well when I swap an ahina for the stock m43 shaft. It feels dead and was very difficult to hit, also had a lot of problem hitting it thin with this combo. (please note that the ahina work very well for me on the jbeam 425 10.5) From what I understand, the head design of this fw (egg) aim to achieve the same purpose as the ryoma design. So despite that it's easy to launch off the deck with this head, it produce a much more penetrating flight than other heads, imho. For this reason, I try to find a shaft that would launch a little higher to balance the overall ball flight : ) right now I'm using fubuki ax.

I found many friends hitting thin with egg spoon, so I think egg is not suitable for some swing types.

I will try attas t2, if it doesn't work, then give up buy another fairway wood.

very interesting. I bot a ryoma F2 couple of mths ago.....for the life of me, i coud not hit this club. Topping it or when contact, it balloons high left, almost a hook. The face profile is similar to egg spoon

Agree, i think the face profile may not be suitable for certain swing type. I consider myself fairly good ball striker, and had no issue hitting my traditional style head RC.

Its not the shaft either as i hv plugged in fw80svinto the ryoma. It just woudnt work.

Same here - I got a Spoon and I simply cannot hit it.....keep hitting it thin. Tried changing shaft but only got worst.

However I could hit my Ryoma F3 solid off the deck and in fairways.... go figures !

well, if anyone wants a fairly new F2 buzz me :-)

Thanks a lot for such great information.

I will try ryoma F3 and F7.