graphite design di dj bb shoot out

supo

i took my 3 , 70x shafts out for a russle in the jungle last night

di7x--adams 9015d a4 proto or what ever retatred name these guys called this thing.

dumb assss name but its a howler of a head for non JP , prob the only non JDM driver id play.

built this to play 43,.5 inch Sw c9 wasnt meant to be an out and out long driver. i wanted a shorter driver to hit to position ,and shape rather than pure distance. the SW is a little concerning to start, esp if u chop and change clubs all the time at the range ,but after hittitng it seval balls in a row, u soon get used to its weight.

maruman conductor 9.5 power straight------dj7x 45 in.

conventional.

yamaha tour 10* ------- bb7x 45 in.

potential gamer

hit prob 25-30 balls with each driver, for a minimum of about 5 shots per round .

that way i could get some consistancy with same driver and get a good thought pattern of the feel of the shafts.

digested al the info last nigth and i got a very good idea in my head of how each of these play.

now, i dont know what the blurb on GD shafts are , i dont tend to read the info from the companies , i tend to just formulate my own opinions based purely on feel and sight.

the di7x---

i though this is the tightest feeling and lowest launch and most glassy feel of the 3 shafts,

good shots were a mix of low to mid low drives that had quite a penetrating flight.

feel of the shaft was a very quick , rigid snap , gave a real "ping" feel to the shot.

dispersion tho was the widest on miss**ts bad shots with this were punished the most. slices went way right. draws were a tiny turn over. actually very hard to turn this over. the hardest of the 3

i liked this shaft a lot, although the overall feel wasnt that great, it did produce a flight i liked the most. that was prob also a reuslt of the head it was in.

this set up is a good driver,m if u have a spare old adams lying obout u can do MUCH worse than stick this shaft in it, works very very well.

the dj7x---

in a maruman conductor head, most on here wont have a clue about. this head is a little strange to look at, its almost elongated round ,the face looks off centre but its not, the face looks closed ( ryoma style) but its not.

the materials its made of are top notch, the maruman sales guy "buddy" as tthe golffair assured me the quality of the head is top of tree . i found this last yr and i palyed this really really well a few matches last yr. hit some very very long and controlled shots on difficlut holes with it, im a BIG fan.

the dj shaft...................... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

i thought this had a similar style to the crazy black ls noir.......... but without any feel .

its very muted and the feel at impact tends to dissipate thru the shaft very quickly , leaving u with a kind of dissapointed conclusion, even when middled hard and striaght the feel leaves u a bit longing for more.

the flight was higher and the dispersion was def tighter. obv the head shaft combo combines to give feel ,but ive played the maruman with a stinger and the feel is almost polar. ths shots i got off were tight and controlled, i didnt think it was long what so ever , infact i thougth it was rather short overall. was def shorter than the adams di set up.

i have the exact same head with a stock maruman rombax shaft and the gd was nice to hit definatly ,but i thnk the stock was longer! up to u how u want to go but i hardly missed the target with the dj..

the bb7x---

yamaha tour 10* head. this is a potenital gamer.

obv the head needs no more speech they dont make many better than this in all capacities .

the shaft head combo works beautifully, its long with control , weight is good loks at address. perfect.

the shaft.,

well, its alot more rubbery feeling than the other two, closer to the dj than the di but alotmore pleasurable to hit. igot the feeling tis prob a bit longer , ithink the overall shot will be better than the dj its certianly a more "oh thats nice" feeling in yr hands. trajectory is on the high side, but i think all GD shafts hit the ball high.

it was a lot easier ot turn left than the other two. but i think that was the head more than the shaft, the yammy tour u dont have to miss by much and ugly things happen. but it still wasnt dead man walking. the ball seesm to not spin when if pops off the face. like a cannon ball rahter than a bullett gets out there but its all about carry

overall i think i liked the feeling of the BB the most, it has a good balance of feel and performance without getting wishy washy and certianly not like a raiway sleeper slither. , eminantly playable for all levels , althougth i think the better guys might still enjoy the Di tightness a bit more .

The dj, i think my mum could hit the ball striaght with this. it was noticeable to me that it wasnt a clobbering shaft.

overall shaft if only one was an option???

id go the BB but only bec its the latest and greatest technology. overall its a damn good pice of nano-tube mumble swerve carbon fibers.

all Gd shafts go pretty well. the new BB tho ithink prob takes the trophy tho.

thsi is a good balance

as always your reviews make great reading. The details and information is again top notch.

I love reading posts of your shoot outs. It makes my day

Can't wait to hear more

Keep it up

the p9003x is a heavy beast. i love this shaft cut down to play at around 44-44.5 or its too much for me.

the p9 is a littel more between the dj and the bb. ntohing like the dii think. its a more clobbering shaft u have to swing hard to play it in the first place.

i think im prob not fast enough to play th is to be honest. the next wrung up this will suit a lot better

u positively can not swing hard enough to make this go that ive found . it starts going really really well , about where i max out.

this is MJR d territory really. i have this in a j beam 435 back at home ,and ill only play it when i feel really healthy back-shoulder wise . other wise im short and right all day.

Nice review there Stew.

i only have experience of the DJ .... and I agree totally withyour findings, I like the performance of the DJ

but the feel is a bit well

sponge like.

I enjoyed every single post you've written so fare and I'm sure I'll continue doing so in the future. BUT why am I going to play the GD P9003X in the PRGR Spoon if you can't handle it with your SS against my much slower one? :atsg_smilie_prgr:

Very interesting. I felt the same way with the 9003x and 9003s. I could swing smooth with the S and ball goes pretty well, but with the x needed to swing out of my shoes to get same feeling.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

the p9003x is a heavy beast. i love this shaft cut down to play at around 44-44.5 or its too much for me.

the p9 is a littel more between the dj and the bb. ntohing like the dii think. its a more clobbering shaft u have to swing hard to play it in the first place.

i think im prob not fast enough to play th is to be honest. the next wrung up this will suit a lot better

u positively can not swing hard enough to make this go that ive found . it starts going really really well , about where i max out.

this is MJR d territory really. i have this in a j beam 435 back at home ,and ill only play it when i feel really healthy back-shoulder wise . other wise im short and right all day.

the p9903x is unreal in a 3 wood it comes in at about 78- gram cut

hits a fairly high ball alomost dead straight, and its very veyr hard to turn over.

that is the perfect recipie for a spoon shaft ithink. uwont be loosing huge hooks fairways left.

EVER. u r miss**ts wil lprob be blocks right, whick i think most would tame over snap hooks every day of the week

Hey, Stew, I know you wouldn't recommend anything you thought I couldn't play! I was just kidding. :tsg_smilie_laugh: