PRGR egg video

t425

• 3 weeks later...

I am here in Japan and was in Tokyo 4 days ago. Personally got a quick look at the Egg Impact Driver. If i am not wrong it is about 3 inches shorter the the Egg Driver. I went to Ginza and got a Swing test @ the PRGR Science Fit Center. Found out that at an older age now my swing speed is only at 37m/s.

Thinking really hard as to which Driver i should buy...the Impact version or the earlier Egg Driver at 46.5 inches. I am in a situation, can anyone give me some word of advice?

In really really torn between the Egg impact or the Seven!

The trouble I have is with the Longer Driver, my 3 wood Plays 43.5" and I've found that anything longer , ie Driver playing 45 or above I struggle!

BUT

Really can a 43.5" Shafted Driver be any where as long as its 45" rival!??

The Seven driver only comes in M43 (Stiff) version stock shaft (45.5 inches) besides two other non-stock shaft versions (45 inches). The Impact driver is offered in stock shaft only (43.5 inches) and is in M37 (regular), M40 (Stiff Regular) and M43 (Stiff).These are all Japanese versions of stiffness (different from the American's ones). As is stated, Seven means 7 degrees loft and meant for strong hitters whilst the Impact can be used by slower swing speed players.

Hope this information helps.

Well I swing the big Dog around 102/3 mph!

But the shorter length Driver sounds good...but I don't want it to be like a strong 3 wood.... Lol

I usually measures my swing speed in M/S. and not sure what is exactly in mph. However i've heard that there is a formula to convert your 102/3 mph to M/S. trying googling around and perhaps you can search the formula out.

My problem is a little different from you. I know my swing speed in M/S and is M37. PRGR now has 2 drivers in M37. One is the Egg Impact (43.5) and the other is Eggbird (46.5). The former is shorter whilst the latter is 3 inches longer. They are both at the extreme spectrum of a reuglar driver length (45 inches) and i don't know which one to buy before i leave for home on the 12th April from Tokyo. Just confused cos i don't want to make a mistake a regret it later.

I usually measures my swing speed in M/S. and not sure what is exactly in mph. However i've heard that there is a formula to convert your 102/3 mph to M/S. trying googling around and perhaps you can search the formula out.

My problem is a little different from you. I know my swing speed in M/S and is M37. PRGR now has 2 drivers in M37. One is the Egg Impact (43.5) and the other is Eggbird (46.5). The former is shorter whilst the latter is 3 inches longer. They are both at the extreme spectrum of a reuglar driver length (45 inches) and i don't know which one to buy before i leave for home on the 12th April from Tokyo. Just confused cos i don't want to make a mistake a regret it later.

I wish you luck on your Quest!

For me it's control, I get that with my 3 wood, but into the wind and long 5's I struggle to make up ground!

I think I ve answered my own Question!!

.... I think!!

If you want to have your SS from mph to m/s it's a simple calculation:

1 mile = 1609,344 meters

1 hour = 3600 s

So for example if you have a 96 mph SS:

96 miles/hour = (96 miles * 1609,344 meters/miles) / (1 hour * 3600 seconds/hour) = 42,91584 meters/seconds = 42,91584 m/s

i was always curious about this but never bothered on the math....thankx for the help, i was always curious !!!

I am here in Japan and was in Tokyo 4 days ago. Personally got a quick look at the Egg Impact Driver. If i am not wrong it is about 3 inches shorter the the Egg Driver. I went to Ginza and got a Swing test @ the PRGR Science Fit Center. Found out that at an older age now my swing speed is only at 37m/s.

Thinking really hard as to which Driver i should buy...the Impact version or the earlier Egg Driver at 46.5 inches. I am in a situation, can anyone give me some word of advice?

It really depends on your game. If you struggle with solid contact, go with the Egg Impact. You will give up some distance but, will give you better chances to be on the fairway. If you don't have any problems swinging a longer driver, then by all means go with the Egg Bird.

BTW, didn't the PRGR Science Fit Center give any recommendations?

The Seven driver only comes in M43 (Stiff) version stock shaft (45.5 inches) besides two other non-stock shaft versions (45 inches). The Impact driver is offered in stock shaft only (43.5 inches) and is in M37 (regular), M40 (Stiff Regular) and M43 (Stiff).These are all Japanese versions of stiffness (different from the American's ones). As is stated, Seven means 7 degrees loft and meant for strong hitters whilst the Impact can be used by slower swing speed players.

Hope this information helps.

From my experience with jdm, somehow they measure driver length differently. They tend to be 1/2 inch longer when measured locally at my fitters. So the 43.5" PRGR might just turns out to be 44". I too have a swing speed about 38/39 ms but can play both m37 or m40 although I do not own any prgr now. If you do not intent to change shaft, you should consider thenew onoff driver (red?). If the TM Glorie is available now, you should definitely consider the 550 in R flex.

It really depends on your game. If you struggle with solid contact, go with the Egg Impact. You will give up some distance but, will give you better chances to be on the fairway. If you don't have any problems swinging a longer driver, then by all means go with the Egg Bird.

BTW, didn't the PRGR Science Fit Center give any recommendations?

They did recommend the EggBird to me. But that was before the release of the Egg Impact. Sigh....

IMO,

If you are tying to maximize your distance and are a decent ball striker...

the EggBird is going to be the longest driver on the bunch, for you.

I went from 45" to 46.5" and have never looked back. I struggled until I got

a couple buckets in but after that the extra distance is noticeable. Best part

for me is I have not lost any accuracy..

IMO,

If you are tying to maximize your distance and are a decent ball striker...

the EggBird is going to be the longest driver on the bunch, for you.

I went from 45" to 46.5" and have never looked back. I struggled until I got

a couple buckets in but after that the extra distance is noticeable. Best part

for me is I have not lost any accuracy..

Thanks for the feedback, noted :)