diamana X first play

supo

took my 2 drivers out today on my home course. not bad conds, no wind 13* pretty perfect actually.

the solid contacts with the 950 X steel nad the 10* yamaha tour with the diamana x 60X.

shots were not low , they came out a little higher than i expected but a good height, i liked the flight a lot, got a cpl of miss hits , right blocks as is my usual miss. hit about 6 shots with it distance was great!

its a very straight very powerful flight, got a ton of carry , not alot of roll but the ground was wet.

dont think id put this in the 9* i think the 10* is pefect for it.

doesnt quite have th feel of the crazy cb-50 and thats a bit higher with more kick.

but the most noticeable thing i got was the straighness of it, i could NOT make this go left no draw , no hook, i really got hold of 2 on the par 5s perfect swing right dead smack on the screws.

this was easily up there cazaly for distance

the kick point feels totally differnt to the crazy 50 .the crazy feels more tingy and licethan the diamana bu the diamana has a more all over kick, and the spin def was low that for sure,

hard to put to words sorry guys

either or of these 2 drivers...

nah cant say that, i will be playing both of these a lot this yr.

diamana x ...............................,

me likey!

Very envious, mines been stuck "awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" for nearly a week, boy do I hate Parcelforce. Fitted to a Kamui Ray head, 9.75 degrees, expecting great things.

nice review and pics as always, good info.

don!t think the Diamana is really me, my wallet is sighing with relief

Very envious, mines been stuck "awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" for nearly a week, boy do I hate Parcelforce. Fitted to a Kamui Ray head, 9.75 degrees, expecting great things.

WOw...thats going to be a great combo !!!!! even a broomstick on a Kamui Ray would go well, a diamanax will be the cat's meow !

the side spin was a noticeable no show on all but one horrible after lunchy slicematron mulligan.

we gotta have 1 hour break at lunch over here, its totally rediculous! try coming out fresh after 60 mins of sitting down eating a BIG lunch

theres is no golf in japan its old man business meetings SO frustrating...(er sorry what happeened there.rant....!)

any way after lunch first shot went bang right into the small wind and blew right , distance tho was still good much better shiitty shot than a lot of other clubs, but NO WHERE NEAR as good as the bad shots wit hthe steel shaft, the steel shaft is KING of accuracy.

no doubt there what so ever!!

i think if u considering this shaft and ur sitting o nthe fence

my recco is get it, if ur upgrading get it

if ur a slow swinger forget it.

the better it goes the harder u hit it .

ill play the crazy 50 and the diamana x and BBx together this weekend

I can't wait to hear this. I sold my Crazy 50 for the Diamana X in XX so hope it was a good move... for me!

oooooooooooooh jeeee ..,

thats my fav shaft the cb50.

i cant me selling either of the X or the cb-50

same head on both shafts will be a very good shoot out, im playing on a non serious track as wll, so i can bangout as many balls as i like alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day.

the results will 100% be in on these by monday .

diamana x 60 x -------------crazy cb-50 8.2--------------graphite design 70x

all yamaha tour 10* heads

This is going to be good!

the side spin was a noticeable no show on all but one horrible after lunchy slicematron mulligan.

we gotta have 1 hour break at lunch over here, its totally rediculous! try coming out fresh after 60 mins of sitting down eating a BIG lunch

theres is no golf in japan its old man business meetings SO frustrating...(er sorry what happeened there.rant....!)

any way after lunch first shot went bang right into the small wind and blew right , distance tho was still good much better shiitty shot than a lot of other clubs, but NO WHERE NEAR as good as the bad shots wit hthe steel shaft, the steel shaft is KING of accuracy.

no doubt there what so ever!!

i think if u considering this shaft and ur sitting o nthe fence

my recco is get it, if ur upgrading get it

if ur a slow swinger forget it.

the better it goes the harder u hit it .

ill play the crazy 50 and the diamana x and BBx together this weekend

Dude - after all this umming and arring, I have asked Tario to find me the head and put a Diamana X in it - all thanks to you..... :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Just need to work out which spec shaft to actually get. I wanna have it 44 inches long.

well i like it cant think of a negative about it.

this weekend wilbe the acid test for sure tho, bev the crz50 and iare best of mates, if it holds its own asgt this in exactly the same ehad ,same weight same lebgth, thn its one hell of a shaft

Nice set up. That diamana x will not turn on you. Very very stable and straight. Harder to turn the ball with it than to hit it straight

First stop the range and a head to head against my Epon AF-102 9.5 degrees with Crazy Black 46, which is my best combo (for March). The Diamana X 60 (S) is fitted to a Kamui Ray 9.75 degrees. This is the first outing for the head as well. Distance the same although this not really a distance competition as range balls were pretty awful. Feel wise the Diamana wins hands down, this is really as solid and stable shaft, the harder you hit it the better it gets. Hard to explain but the whole shaft seems to work with your swing. Unfortunately my wrist injury cut in so back home for the ibuprofen gel.

Wrist injury or not its 20 degrees out here and the course beckons.

Winter rules and no run but this combination is an absolute killer, you feel you want to hit it harder each tee shot. My usual draw had disappeared and a slight fade was noticeable which may be down to the head being 0.5 degrees open, the trajectory was lower than the Epon/Crazy with a more piercing mid-flight. Distance is excellent and on three occasions far longer than anything previous. My bad shot is a duck hook which usually occurs two or three times a round, not one. Obviously, the honeymoon period will end but for now, I have a big smile on my face.

Now, if I can only get my irons and putter to work in synch???????

In depth coming im in the car on tje way back from 2 days of testing

big results u will all like ti hear lets just say now that it was a hell of a weekend in british open esque windy conditions perfect for this test

Im very satisfied with the results

no more testing required

theres a winner

Bahahaha god you are awesome!

im gettign my thoughts in order

i tried posting a cpl of times today, but its a long post and i dont wanna just subline it all.

these shafts are damn good ,but speaking to carlo at lucnh also got he thinklging agn about the value of accuracy over distance

im rethinking 2 things

info digested.

windy as sin. wet fairways ,almost no roll , cross wind, head wind back wind u name it it was blowing like marilyn chambers on her first audition. could hardly stand up on a few.

yamaha 9*---GD BB 6x.

longest driver of the weekend ,VERY surprised by this VERY.

dispersion was the worst , i guess due to 9* face but centered shots with this were fantastic. slices and hooks were more pronounced than with the "others" but the good ones were unquestionably the best.

shocked!

yamaha 10* ---Gd BB 7x

got good length, good dispersion, with good feel , nice and lively, not as theatrical as the 6X

did its job with aplomb, not awsome nor terrible just mr dependable of the range.

good shots were nicely rewarded, bad ones were punished.

flight was a little on the higher side . but i could get this to go left a bit .

very very good shaft have NO probe recomending this shaft to anyone i nthe 107-115 SS range, id think.

def NOW my fav of all the GD shafts ive hit to this point ( thats lot fyg).

yamaha 10*---crazy cb 50 8.2

my gamer, made this end of last yr , nothing i can think of has been close to benching it. nothing even close.

high soaring flight, tight as a knats chuff at impact. u aim somwhere the ball is going dead straight in that direction. a long way. easily he most taught feeling in my hands, no dispersion of energy all the energy feelsl ike tis going into the ball not thru the shaft and into yr nads. its truely the best lively feeling shaft along with the roddio shingo spec 2010 that ive ever hit. but this is tighter and stiffer..

yamaha 10* diamana X 60x

was massively biased to hitting this more than the other shafts , simply bec ive played the others a cpl of times, this is the new toy.

it DOES NOT GO LEFT its the derek zoolander of shafts. no not incredibly inceribly good looking.. its the non ambi turner.

dead set i went a clobbering this bec iwasnt scoring and when you are . settign up on the right side of the box hitting into a left right cyclone aiming dead smack at ob trees on the elft..., it takes some getting ur head into.

matterd NOT 1 iota the ball went dead straight or with a tiny fade back to the right every single shot.

so much so i gamed it exclusively yesterday for nine.

the 60 weight is PERFECT as is the X flex. even at 10* loft the ball flight was still low. very low on occasions.

and i was concernd that all the 10* heads i have would be ballooning all over the shop. not at all delighted with 10* heads.

easily the lowest of the flights and easily the most piercing . seemed to just penetrate the wind regardless of how much i turned the right hand thru the ball.

feel... hmmm

def diamana feel but with a nice "ping to it" wont say its my best feeling nor is it at the top of that tree actually.

but yes performace wise its super. and yesterday in the wost wind ive ever seen i hit 5 of 5 o nthe shorties. cannot ask for more than that. and i was getting it out there a fair distance as well.

16th par 5 580ayrds dead flat 200 yard ravine carry onto 40 yrds width of pathway. its chkchk kabooooooom , and with a typhoon at my back it was heaven!

4 drives with each driver

cumulative thoughts.

distance..

1-BB6x

2-diamana x

3-crazy 8.2

4- BB 7x

5- stinger

grouping.

1-stinger(easliy )

2-cb50

3-BB7x

4-diamana x

5-BB6x

movement in air.

1-stinger(easily)

2-bb6x

3-bb7x

4-diamanax

5- cb50

launch

stinger highest

bb next

cb50

diaman lowest by a margin

spin

stinger highest

then i really couldnt spilt the rest to be honest . they all seemed pretty nude.

winner winner chicken dinner...............................,

accuracy the stinger

distance prob the BB6x

feel the cb50 easily

if ihad to play just one of these to for the rest of the yr.........................

the overall everythingness of this is just perfcet for me.

crazy cb-50.

pls ask questions .

oh heres a cpl of ponderings i gotta make each week.

Edited by supo67

stew whats your basis for considering the stinger as the highest spin?

i have two stingers in 70x and i have them in a 10.5 and 9.5 head. they

launch pretty high even for me but i find my experiences in the spin department

to be the opposite.. low spin.

i have tried the lot of them shafts you described with the exception of the BB and Dx.

as of the moment i have absolutely no desire to try another shaft unless its a stinger in S flex.

best shaft i have tried.

but if there was one i could try it would be the DX. if its anything resembling the stinger or has

the faintest stingero Dna in it i would buy one in 70s in an instant!

prob bec the way i can move it more than the other shafts and the flex in it feels like it imparts more spin

hadnt used the trusty old stinger in my driver in a while

but i got one in my adams 17* ute, some mad man ut this down to fit a ute,!!!

im glad he did bec its now easily my best utilty.. i got one in my egg spoon 3 wood 13* which is so long off the tee its pretty scary. but, not played it in driver for a while.

that might change this weeekend, ill game it in my yamaha 2011 head.

ur right, ilove the stinger, it just feels higher spin.

ill ask diamana if thast the case or its just the feel of it .

hell of a shaft tho.

accuracy with it is just fabulous.

Great review there Stew..... wish I have the swing for this shaft

Just sold my Crazy Black 50 - I hope I made the right decision going for the Diamana X - XX

i think u will be fine honestly. u want low ball slammers, the X is perfect for it . u wont overpower it

iplayed with a guy on the wekeend who is 6'3 110 kgs and his SS is 120+ id go 125 easily . ive nevere sen a guy swing as hard andf fast as this fellla..i gave him all my drivers to hit. he killed the stinger abso0lutely murdeerd it walked of 306 yards CARRY, the pitch mark was 1 foot from the ball.. we were mouths agape.

he hadNOI probs with this

BUT

he has a very rounded swing and hits humongous hooks, man a cpl of them almost did a full circle, he uses NS SP blux X and hits high soaring bombs. a full club a half more than i do, its amazing to watch. when he starts playing agn full time im gonna get some incredble spectales of where balls can actually go.

he was using a razor fit from callway with an aldilla 60x looks like some kind of grey shaft with skull bones on it red eyes.

i gave him a cpl of mine to hit and he immediatly put an order in for a maruman conductor 9.5* head. and left the shaft choice to me.

he hit the X twice badly . almost skulled my yamaha! gulp..., so i can say what they woulda done ,bu i did see 3 shots with the stinger and it was something ive never seen , he flew my drive twice. and i kiilled mine my buddy and i were just laughing. if he can do that with the stinger. ur NO probs with the X............

i called diamana and the confiormed the stinger is a LOW spin high launch shaft,

the X is low spin low torque low launch.

they "like" the X... yea so do i....!