diamana X first play

supo

Thanks for your review.

So the CB-50 feels the best at impact out of the bunch... Interesting.

I play the same '12 Yam Tour head and the Dia X 70 in it is amazingly smooth, definitely a step above the BB7 in feel....but if the CB-50 transmits even better feel then I reckon I need to get my hands on one....

YES! Great to hear! I can't wait for this! "Almost did a full circle" - LOLOL!

Oh and the shaft with red eyes - Aldila RIP.

its def nicer to me , so hard to put in words how something feels when u hit it

the diamana x is def tigher feel at impact than the bb but htats got a nice kinda more rubbery sling to it.

seriosuly theyare al lgood shafts..

i prefer the feel of the crazy.

but is is a better shaft ??

theres no way ot say, i just like to hit it the best.

no il ove to play it really its beautiful.

Great reviews here - thks

Havent pulled the trigger on the diamana x - just unsure how much better it is over the crazys i currently use ( cb46, ly ) - wish theres a tester & i can just plug it into my ryoma or epon 102s.

Stew - diamana x vs cbs, from what i gather here, lower & more penetrating ball flight. CBs better feel. What abt dispersion & distance ? I like CBs distance now, but would give part of it up for better dispersion. My bad drives are all pulled left....so X would be the baby to straighten it.

yes!

thast what i found a bit so went up a flex i nthe CB for m7.7 to 8.2 it worked it out nicely.

but yes i can on occasions get it left.

the diamana x no way hose. well not yet

i put a 70 s in my kamui kpx on thurs gamed it sunday in close to typhoon conditions (90kph) winds .

was worse then the weekend before.

i was at my home track was good i n the morn rainy i n the arvo.

the differnce in feeeling between the yamaha tour and the kamui is huge

where the yamaha has a muted thump feel sound to it, the kamui has a sharp twang and a ver yvery solid feel at impact. thers no nice soft , ball sticking to the face kinda feel, nope, its hit ,ping , rocket!

the results of a better performance over the yamaha wernt aparent .

the kamui at 10.5* wasnt a high soaring bomber , more like a nice mid flighted piercing trajectory.

the diamana in it agn wasnt easy to get left, although saying that the first drive on no1 i pulled dead left OB.. ha.., great start!

but the reload i middled 260 into the teeth. oooh gasps form my mates as i was 30 yards past them.

hmm ithink, this goes ok.

used it for 4 more drives and got the rest perfectly, had to hit stinger drives bec it was just dumbass conditions.

its a good set up. the hsaft is really quite a pleasureto play, stil dont think it has the over all (X factor) of the crz 50 nor the boron but for conditions like the last 2 weekends i wont be taking anything else out i assure you that. it was prefect.

out of the 60x and the 70 s i think i prob prefered the 70s . just a little more whip nad weight ,almost let me think i had an arc shot ( didnt in fact ) but , with the 60x no chance can only draw striaght lines with it .

next weekend going to use both the yamaha and the kamui with diamana shafts

as an aside i was using the stinger and a the quadra fex in the kamui heads as well, played 2 drivers per 9 holes and swapped at the turn

the stinger is awsome. it aint high spin , dont know where i got that idea from . for if it was it would a been blowing backwards on sunday.

and that it did not do it was awsome, easily the best feeling shaft n this kpx head.. easlily !

played first time with my diamana x 60g stiff into ryoma vspec 9.5 - awesome shaft, loads of feedback, almost has a ' soft rubbery ' feeling to it. In a lot of ways, it plays more like LY than my CB-46. Trajectory is similar to cb, straight & consistent flight. I was suprised the ball flight is not lower as mentioned a few times here.....but i think its just adjustment vs my CB-46 7.7 which is slightly heavier and stiffer.

Length is slightly shorter than the crazys but not by much. But the rumours are right....the harder you go at it, the better the result.....just have to trust it. My normal controlled distance is 260-75yards, ss of 105-110....so on the last hole, with the match in the bag, i ripped 2...both went 310, on the fairway !!! The Diamana x screams to be smacked.

Its dead straight.......almost no spin at all, better than crazy.

Love it !!

do u think this is a better match for that head than the crazy tho ?

ive been thinking of putting the crazy ls noir back in it or trying the diamana X

but the ls noir was so deadly accurate not as long as others but its so so straight.

Stew, if i am gaming the CB 46 in 7.2 flex would i be able to tame the X in 60S?

worth getting one for my Crazy 460?

supo, not sure if the X is more suited to ryoma than the CB46........need to get a few more rounds under the belt first. May try it on my epon 102 8.5 after that.........or get a crazy 460 :-)

I think the X 60s is easy to handle, anyone with ss abv 100 shud be able to hit this, and hit this straight. As Haney says in the Big Miss, its all abt controlling the misses.........i found it hard to miss left, and hit a few right - not slices but arm lag fades. As i said before, its a shaft that needs to go hard then it performs. It needs a beast to bring the beauty out.

I've had the CB-50 in a Crazy 435 head for a long time and the feel was VERY blah - dull. Probably the head more than the shaft, mind you.

K cool.

another 18 with this on sat chaps 10* yamaha tour head.

bit blowy but nothing trecherous

i was driving horribly for the most. back /hips were tired form hititng too many balls, during the week so i wasnt getting thru the pill at all

which is good news, in a way bec in a match i saw how bad this combo can get when im not near being right.

and

its good!

very very very good.

managed to somhow survive . no loss of ball. 1 o/b. and no punch outs.

i felt like i was horrible but actually it was kinda ok, ( jee , my irons must have been woefull!)

i was playing agaisnt this huge guy and i wasnt far awayform him most shots. and on 18 when i absolutely centered it with a DRAW,, (yes)

i was 15 inside him. (rye smile).

the combo is a beautywas prob fighting small fades all day but the results were very pleasing was on the runway most times, distance wasnt great bec i was toeing shots a lot , but i was in good possy.

didnt feel like i had to bench the driver at all, and i didnt have a good swing going.

that makes a good driver in my mind.

yea good shaft. very controlled. liking it a lot now.

its loads more controlled than the FEX but not a much as the fiamme and similar to the cb-50.

brings the 10 and 10.5* HEADS DOWN A BIT .

worth the coin indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Stew how come the butt end of your Diamana X is black where as this one Rickey Fowler is using is that turquoise?

Weird...

post-10291-0-74604700-1335659631.jpg

post-10291-0-18703700-1335659640.jpg

the one head diamana x doest like is the ryoma. I still think crazy cb 46 brings the best out of the ryoma head

still looking for a head for my diamana x.....

I use my Diamana X with R11s.. 60 Stiff, tip half inch.. This is definitely the shaft that had the tightest dispersion.. I own many Crazy shaft (CB 46, CB 80, TJ80, Royal Deco) but its not as tight and consistent as Diamana X.. Nothing special about the distance, but I really enjoying this shaft.. The feeling is very smooth on the impact, just heavenly..

Edited by PauSS

Edited by PauSS

Edited by PauSS

Edited by PauSS