First round w/ Diamana Ten

charge

Finally put the '12 Yamaha Tour 10* head w/ Diamana X 70 S. Played 18 today and my first impressions:

The two words the keep coming to my mind: Smooth and One-piece kick.

With such low torque of 2.3 and initial feedback from testers saying you really need to go at it, I was concerned that it was going to feel really stout and boardy.

Boy was I wrong... Throughout the swing, the shaft feels like one unit with the entire shaft delivering a very smooth but powerful kick.

The trajectory was a mid piercing flight that kept going and going and had a great angle of descent allowing for a good amount of run.

This shaft seems to work well with more of a descending blow to the ball. Very straight, loads of feel.

Amazing shaft!

Edited by charge

How does it compare vs crazy cbs ? Its an exp shaft & not sure if i will get much diff vs the cbs that i used. Recently paid too much for a ryoma f2 combo that didnt perf like its big brother vspec....so a bit cautious now.

Thks

How does it compare vs crazy cbs ? Its an exp shaft & not sure if i will get much diff vs the cbs that i used. Recently paid too much for a ryoma f2 combo that didnt perf like its big brother vspec....so a bit cautious now.

Thks

I have never hit the Crazy CBs shafts so can't compare...

Second round with the Diamana X or rather Diamana Ten as a friend pointed out since this is their 10th offering in the Diamana series...

Weather was 18-20* celcius so perfect LA Spring climate...

I am learning more about this shaft and for me I achieve the best results with a descending blow...since it is a low trajectory shaft to begin with why fight it...It works out well because I've transitioned to the Sean Foley school of keeping most of the weight on the left throughout the swing anyway...

Straight and low boring drives every time on good hits. Hard to spray it.

I'm still getting used to the feel...hard to describe in words the sense of stability. Very different from the Quadra FEX's rubbery/elastic feel.

I would love to contrast this to the Crazy offerings but a bit intimidated by where to start and having to go through the inevitable iterations on the right flex number and countless models....Maybe start at CB-50 7.7 but even CB-50 has a few models???

Until then Diamana Ten will be my holy grail.

Two more rounds in over the weekend and I can better articulate how this shaft feels.

The ball kind of sticks to the club face a fraction longer then other shafts I've used with the Yam tour head and delivers a smooth but blunt impact.

It's like hitting a baseball well with a wooden bat vs an aluminum bat.

This shaft would be like a Porsche Cayenne Turbo... powerful but hefty.

Edited by charge