Ryoma and Rating Gate Rankings

Jobu

Can someone please clarify this for me? The latest rating-gate rankings have the R11 ranking higher than the Ryoma in the 43 meters/sec yet within the review it seems the R11 is shorter and less forgiving. Am I missing something here or is the R11 really better?

From my personal experience, ryoma d1 v-spec can be quite difficult to hit in the beginning. It took me about 2 weeks and some shaft experimenting before I understand it's true capabilities. For me, ryoma is still the longest driver I've ever hit ( by a margin of 15-20yds).

From my personal experience, ryoma d1 v-spec can be quite difficult to hit in the beginning. It took me about 2 weeks and some shaft experimenting before I understand it's true capabilities. For me, ryoma is still the longest driver I've ever hit ( by a margin of 15-20yds).

How do you like the wyvern? What length do you play it in? Is it higher launch?

I have had the same experience.....Out of the box, the driver was nothing special but it gets better with every range session and round of golf....i have had mine for over a week and i am finally getting the hang of it, it is a low spin driver and it wont reward you on sloppy swings but it will forgive a good swing but not a bad one......

I have tried different balls as well. Seems the Ryoma likes the Pro V1 spin characteristics. Got longest results with Pro V1

Jobu-I really like the Ryoma RD Combo smooth and accurate nice mid hi traj.

Played 9 sunday in 55* weather. Put a Pro V1 and Wilson Staff FG in play vs my normal TM LDP RED or TM TP5. Don't know if I was hitting it particularly well with the driver but I hit 4 drives over 270 which is long for me. I top out at 100MPH. Another interesting thing is just how soft the Wilson Ball is (75 comp) felt great within a yard or two side by side with the Pro V1

@jobu I play mine at 46" and this is still the best combo for me. This shaft just made the head so much more easier to hit. The ball flight was not too high for me, 16 degree on launch monitor. (my ryoma is 9.5)

@ Robbie most people, including some teaching local pro, that try to hit my ryoma couldn't hit it on the first try. Hell, I almost have given up myself : ) lucky I didn't, been hitting some of the longest drives of my life!

@ Robbie most people, including some teaching local pro, that try to hit my ryoma couldn't hit it on the first try. Hell, I almost have given up myself : ) lucky I didn't, been hitting some of the longest drives of my life!

Fully agree. I went through 2 different shafts as well before I settled on the Crazy LY02 and yes, I am hitting longer consistently but not 30 yards longer. Maybe 10 yard increase on average which is plenty good enough for me. The LY 02 is also very good in this head for me but then again, its the only Crazy shaft I have tried. The dispersion is very good for a wild tee guy like me.