Driver Time?

DaleUK

... Right after sorting my new irons out , my attention is now turning to the Big Dog!!

I've narrowed it down to either the new 2012 PRGR Egg impact Driver or the Epon 152 ( heavy head)!!

I would want to Play both at 43.5/44 inch ....

How would the Epon play at 9.5* but playing around 43.5" ??

I see that the Egg is only 10.5*

with your SS i would suggest a 10.5. what was wrong with the 102?

i find that the 152 is for the slower SS player wanting more forgivness

and spin. if that is you then you cannot go wrong.

i would play it at 44.75-45". dont go below 44 on those bigger 460 heads

youd be giving a way some imho.

cant comment on the prgr egg driver as i have not hit it.

Spoon... Nice to see you on here!

The 102, as you know I never really settled with the Head/shaft combo, so decided to part company:(

Just wanted a change, thought a lot about the smash factor!

I hit the 3 wood really well and always find the middle but with the longer Drivers I've often coughs it near the Toe!

As for forgiveness ,I'm all up for that!!..

Any more thoughts on the Egg??

Thanks Guys, but can these be played at a shorter length?

I'd never had thought about playing a shorter club until I got my 3wood, which I love to bits and I also find the middle....Bonus!!?

I put the good strike down to luck, not realising that the shorter shaft helps, I hit a nice steady Draw with the 3wood but seem to loose the Driver Right?

It is a cycalogical thing I know but can a 43.5" driver be longer than the 43.5" ,3 wood? Or as long as a standard 45" shafted Driver??

For once I'm lost it the world golf Technology and it's killing my game!

Thanks Guys, but can these be played at a shorter length?

I'd never had thought about playing a shorter club until I got my 3wood, which I love to bits and I also find the middle....Bonus!!?

I put the good strike down to luck, not realising that the shorter shaft helps, I hit a nice steady Draw with the 3wood but seem to loose the Driver Right?

It is a cycalogical thing I know but can a 43.5" driver be longer than the 43.5" ,3 wood? Or as long as a standard 45" shafted Driver??

For once I'm lost it the world golf Technology and it's killing my game!

It probably depends on the shaft and you? I play my Ryoma Crazy at 46 and very very pleasantly surprising, I have no issues. I have always played my driver at 44.75 or there abouts. I must say though, a lot of credit has to go to the Crazy shaft. I tried the GD DI and the Kusala Black at 45.5 and no where as good as with the Crazy. I still can hit bad shots, don;t get me wrong as it's very much still the Indian but the LY02 for me is longer, tightere and hence a lot mroe confidence inspiring which is a lot at the tee.

i second all 3 kamui, ryoma, and crazy !!!! but the best feeling sounding driver is still a tooss between the epon 460rz and my all time fav ft9 TA

Well this week I have a Crazy shafted Epon 102 coming, from a forum member for me to try!!