epon 502's Matrix program replacements

aberdeenlad

That's supposed to be a higher launching shaft. If you're flighting those mid to low, you might struggle with some of the suggestions given.

It would be better if you could give a bit feedback on your swing otherwise, pretty much it's guesswork what might work for you (Swing speed, tempo/transition, release, etc.).

I would start with deciding the relative shaft weight that you're comfortable with then get into the profile & flex (depending on model) after.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Temper Dynalite Gold XP in regular

mid to low flight , lots of wind in the north east of scotland !!!

Modus3 will give you a higher ball flight..... (not sure if that's a good idea for playing situation there) but weight a lot more compare to Dynalite. Is that what you're after??

Agree with FatMan to ahve more info about your swing, etc cause if lower ball flight compare to what you're currently playing is what you have in mind, then all the earlier suggested shaft will not suite your needs

the tt are in my other set.

I got fitted for them at the titleist fitting centre in scotland. I like the flight of them but a lower flight would be preferred if possible

im trying to justify keeping the epons cos i really like the feel of them and cant get the matrix programs to work for me so want to reshaft them. Id go with anothe rset of the Dynalite but would like to try something else

Well all the staft you mention is NOT going to give you a lower flight as compare to your Dynalite. I would simply go with the same shaft

im happy with a highter flight if i can gain a few yards and a decent dispersion , the matrix was all over the place but mainly high right !

Modus3 and KBC-C Taper will give you a higher flight but not balloning like NSPro950. However, both shaft will be a lot heavier than your current..... between those two shaft, I personally prefer the feel of Modus.

Either shaft your choose to ensure you get the right flex

what flex in either of those would be similar to the dynalites in reg?

If you're going with C-Taper, I would soft step the regular. For Modus, might be fine to go with the Regular - straight in. Are you a sweeper or digger type swing?

I find Modus works great for a sweeper type of swing

If you're going with C-Taper, I would soft step the regular. For Modus, might be fine to go with the Regular - straight in. Are you a sweeper or digger type swing?

I find Modus works great for a sweeper type of swing

They don't do a Reg flex in Modus3, only Stiff, but it's slightly, and I mean slightly softer... It still holds its shape like a Stiff, I think personally the shaft plays more or less true to flex BUT because of the fantastic feeling/ feed back it can give a sorter flex feeling!!

I had S flex soft stepped once and for me there bag on!...

If I put my sensible swing on it, wow!!!

Even if I have a rush of blood and try and Kill the ball the shaft does hold up, all be it with a lesser feeling!!

Note to myself** don't try to knock the ball out of sight!!**

Shame your not closer to me as you'd be more than welcome to come try my set!

thanks for the offer, where you at ?

i read on the website they do a reg flex , ill have to give the guy up my way a shout see what he has

soft stepping is an option if no reg shaft i suppose

You'll have to check the Flex!!

Me I go as for North as Northallerton!

I have a swing speed of 83mph with a 6iron, distance was mid/high 170's yards!!

hopefully the fitter will have a demo

hes pretty clued up , so hell keep me right

impressive figures something close to that would be good, my swing speed is about that as well but my distance is down on that

I think the Distance would be down to the Strong loft and slightly longer club length....

Anyway best of luck in your Quest!!

The Modus 3 is now available in R flex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

The Modus 3 is now available in R flex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

See you live and learn!

my mans just come back with going with the monaco and stepping them down !!!

no prompting from me and any info from here ..................... oh my heed !!!

my mans just come back with going with the monaco and stepping them down !!!

no prompting from me and any info from here ..................... oh my heed !!!

Nice shaft Sir, much to stout for me but still a very nice shaft

much too still for me as well i think ! im going towards the modus but he thinks theres no regular shaft, the web site says there is . might be hard to come by in the uk

much too still for me as well i think ! im going towards the modus but he thinks theres no regular shaft, the web site says there is . might be hard to come by in the uk

edit: Sorry! I didn't read your post right.

Edited by FatMan

If there's a Reg flex then he shouldn't have any problems getting you them!

im sure there wont, he might not have had to order one before. Im thinking that the regular might be a recent addition to the range

Yes the regular flex was only recently added from what I was told. They initially started off with only stiff flex as min.

hopefully we can get them in the uk but im sure that the guy up my way can get his hands on them. Im not wanting to import them as customs this side seem to stop everything right now which pushes all the cost up. I got charged £30 to get a shaft alone !!!

Guys thanks for all your advice, all greatfully accepted

Just need to get the matrix oot of the 502's and get the replacements fitted

cheers