kamui pro kp-x driver head

supo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a link Stew to the Head??

http://www.kamuipro.co.jp/product/kpx.html

U guys want this in the shop also? Kamuipro is a good brand. Kamui works is better imo but I havent tried the KPX.

Any more info C??

My Japanese isn't that good, in fact it isn't Full Stop!!

Sorry!!

HAHAH really? I asked Tario about this and he said it's not of that great of quality so I ordered the Egg Seven...

I guess if I hate the Egg Seven, i'll try this or the 707 Tourstage. I'd buy the Epon in a heartbeat if they weren't idiots and offered more than 10.5. Dumb.

Kamui Pro is really popular here in Thailand, very hi end, very expensive.

i am a fan of kamui works !!!!

guys ,

i hit this agn last night miinimum of 30 balls each with the diamana x and quadra fex

im even more impressssed by its performance than i was on the course last week, , no wind 18* perfect conditions nad i was hitting the ball as good as i can hit it.

the quadra fex was so much longer than everything else .

i was watching the ball catapualt into the back fence on a PERFECT decent about 15 yards higher than with the ryoma, the yamaha, and the diamana X. the X incidentally was once agn far and away tighter all round...

the FEX loads longer.

i dont know if it s poor quality or not , the guys at the factory seem to think its top of the pops.

all i know is what happens when i hit the ball

this wins, and wins well.

its not soft and snuggly and comfy like ive said ,

i tried hitting a few powder puff safety drives and i would have been better off turning right and throwing the pilll over the side fence.

when i had a crack tho..

stepped on the gas.

oh brother where art thou.

its huge.

i have so many drivers at the very top level wit hhe very best shafts.

this is the longest driver ive ever hit.

i dont care. who makes what. results count.

this isnt for everyone

tis for belting the living daylights out of .

i havnt hit anything longer.

im gaming it on the weekend both days.

shud be great weather. cant wait to see how it goes at the long straight wide open fields of narita.

narita is THE acid test for length.

i think , ill be pleasantly surprised.

It looks like you built a beast for those days when you are in top form.....haha, i have decided to go the other way once again, my driver is set up so i can swing it on my worst feeling day when i have little energy and am sore all over.....It looks like the move from xx to reg flex is here to stay !!! I did try to go back to xx flex but it seems like too much work, but when the weather gets better im going to reg + flex !!!! The Kamui Pro sounds like a winner but im waiting on your review of the Epon Zero. My Kamui Ray is also longer than my Ryoma but i rather have the feel vs the distance. Time to put my beloved Kamui out to pasture

I've seen this, and other, Kamui Pro heads many times in person. Held it in my hands and I have never noticed any "finish issues" and I'm pretty good at spotting faults, at least I think I am. The finish on the heads I've held is spotless. These look super clean to me, use DAT55 forged Ti, is MIJ..So exactly WHAT is it with the quality that is not up to standard? I thought Kamui Pro was founded by people that used to work at Kamui Works? And so they should be pissing on most other brands when it comes to quality construction and top materials. Are the lofts all over the place or what is it? If somebody claims Kamui Pro is not Good Quality I'd like to see actual faults. Did somebody saw a head in two and noticed bad weld work or something? Are the lofts off by 2 degrees? Just because it's not customisable and handmade like Kamui Works stuff doesn't mean it's "not good quality". The handmade dimension that Kamui Works offer is rather unique, almost no brand can touch that. That would mean that every brand in the pro shop is not "good quality".

Is Tourstage "good quality"? Titleist Japan?

I'm confused.

Edited by Vegaman

guys ,

i hit this agn last night miinimum of 30 balls each with the diamana x and quadra fex

im even more impressssed by its performance than i was on the course last week, , no wind 18* perfect conditions nad i was hitting the ball as good as i can hit it.

i was watching the ball catapualt into the back fence on a PERFECT decent about 15 yards higher than with the ryoma, the yamaha, and the diamana X. the X incidentally was once agn far and away tighter all round...

the FEX loads longer.

i dont know if it s poor quality or not , the guys at the factory seem to think its top of the pops.

i tried hitting a few powder puff safety drives and i would have been better off turning right and throwing the pilll over the side fence.

when i had a crack tho..

stepped on the gas.

its huge.

this isnt for everyone

shud be great weather. cant wait to see how it goes at the long straight wide open fields of narita.

Funny, here in Thailand the KP-X comes standard, from the factory, with a Quadra Fire Express! Maybe they do know what they are doing, this "low quality" brand..

wonder why they dont releasee these here.

ive never seen em about anywhere.

but there are so many tiny brands about that i guess cant compete witheh big OEM doods.

they are made in japan i know that much

but they arnt for sale anywhere i guess kinda like kamui.

16 hours til play time ,cant wait!

wonder why they dont releasee these here.

ive never seen em about anywhere.

but there are so many tiny brands about that i guess cant compete witheh big OEM doods.

they are made in japan i know that much

but they arnt for sale anywhere i guess kinda like kamui.

16 hours til play time ,cant wait!

Strangely though, they are very well established here in Thailand. And have been so fpr a long time going back to their Typhoon drivers. Not like like everybody knows about them, but most avid golfers, and especially Long Drive guys will know about Kamui Pro here. Another VERY popular brand here is Katana, which you will find in any main stream department stores sports section.

Since I'm a pretty high swing speed/high launch kind of player it seems like a great fit for me.I've been checking it out quite a long way back, and really liked the shape of it.

well i saw one in one of the largest shops today, with a basellius 70 x shaft, so i had to have it

iasked about the qualkty of it and the guy i know very very well said the quality of these is absolutely first class.

i had to try this shaft so i bought it .

this shaft is supossed to be the very top quality as well.

he aid this will be very low launching and seriosuly good feel to it.

cant wait.

well i saw one in one of the largest shops today, with a basellius 70 x shaft, so i had to have it

iasked about the qualkty of it and the guy i know very very well said the quality of these is absolutely first class.

i had to try this shaft so i bought it .

this shaft is supossed to be the very top quality as well.

he aid this will be very low launching and seriosuly good feel to it.

cant wait.

Wow, gotta let us know how it turns out with that basileus shaft..

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, here in Thailand the KP-X comes standard, from the factory, with a Quadra Fire Express! Maybe they do know what they are doing, this "low quality" brand..

Thats not that unusual. In the USA, a lot of the low quality brands will incorporate a higher quality shaft to seemingly gain it more market recognition !

guys ,

the FEX loads longer.

when i had a crack tho..

stepped on the gas.

its huge.

this isnt for everyone

So you like this better then the Yam tour head?

theres no similarities in feel what so ever. the yamah has the unmistakable ENDO feel to it. the kamui is much harder,its not harsh mits just ahrder, the face feels harder at impact. the yamaha def has the more appealing hit, but the results with both for me are spot on.

the 9.5 is pretty low, its noticeably lower than the yamaha 10* for sure. the 10.5* isnt that thing launches rockets.. uwant high hang time , man u shud see this thing with the diamana X its high. i love it, this will be getign TONS of airtime this summer for sure.

theres no similarities in feel what so ever. the yamah has the unmistakable ENDO feel to it. the kamui is much harder,its not harsh mits just ahrder, the face feels harder at impact. the yamaha def has the more appealing hit, but the results with both for me are spot on.

the 9.5 is pretty low, its noticeably lower than the yamaha 10* for sure. the 10.5* isnt that thing launches rockets.. uwant high hang time , man u shud see this thing with the diamana X its high. i love it, this will be getign TONS of airtime this summer for sure.

I'm a bit confused...just to clarify, which combo would have more hang time? kpx 9.5 w/ diamana x or yam tour 10* w/ diamana x

• 3 weeks later...

right i can def comment in earnest on these heads now.. i played them almost ever yday in oz with differnt shafts

firstly the diamana x in the 10.5*-

huuuuuuuuuuuge high soaring bombs.

the enola gay is a focker freindship in comparison to this driver.

finally got a cpl to go draw after 10000000000 attempts and the differnce in legnth was massive. easliy 20 + yards with a good swing, but once again i found my self trying to hit the daylihgts out of it , but i was getting it clean most times. the face just says hit me and hit me hard so u do!

one thing ive noticed, thers literally NO roll with this driver what so ever and even tho it goes so high theres no aprent struggles in to the wind.

i have complete confidence when i step up to drive , but,,i feel i cud get some more distance so i put it in the 9.5* head .. see how this goes this weekend. if its not a significant gain its going straight back to the 10.5*

basiliues fiamma 70x -9.5*

wow, i cut the shaft to 45 inch it was 45.5 and it was irking me, far too much butt hanging out of my hands for my liking .

results. everything went left for the first 10 hits, then i moved my hands back to the end of thbutt and

WOW..........!

low low low low bulletts, back to my old swing tosee what it can do , and it was low

plenty.........of run agian small draws, and the feeling of this shaft is amazing!

really really like it a lot.

its totally opposite the th e10.5*, this is easy to swing at , but it does go better if u go harder at it. the movement is noticeable but NOT large, thers no big arc it kinda heads left then straightens on that path. i hit all fairways with it at manly and it was too long on most holes. esp if i stepped on the gas.. the feel ofthis combo is special ,the shaft is a differnt animal to whta i use. nad i like it a lot, its very rubbery but ina good way rubbery twang. awsome driver. liking this plenty... can see myself using this at turtle bay no probs

im a bit confused as to the problems with its quality , mine are first class. the look is beautiful, the finish is top class ,adn the components are top notch i certianly will vouch for its quality nad it s performance, i think it top of the tree stuff.

if ur after a driver head u can belt, i have NOT hit anyting better than this. no sir.

and i miss**t this driver a LOT less than most others. working on the perfect shaft for itstill.