Driver set for the year eh!

Yeah and I'll stop liking girls with large breasts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should say, you'll start eating fish.

hahahaahah

ok................ in my MIND...... my driver is set..

i MIGHT slip on a sunday.. but for the cashola.... nup this is it,.

im going back to the range now with my "spare 9.5" to try a few more varieants.

dont know why. but

just in case.

3 months IS 3 months.......................,!

Perhaps you should say, you'll start eating fish.

Aren't those similar statements?

Besides what is wrong with liking girls with average sized breasts as a change of pace...

And Stew will be set with his driver until he plays again...

oooooooooh... cpl of guys taking the pepsi on this thing...

well u all know what i have as an arsenal and this gets a massive amount of play considering what i got...,

for my swing characteristics.. it suits damn well...

im playing the same course as last week, new course i found, and once again just spctacular... they just keep getting better (!)

so.............. i might try a differnt stick, i think ill take the yamaha tour out and see how she blows in compariosn.

yea.....................

done.

The Pepsi challenge?

i dont do it my guy does it in his cave.

hes a wizard.

i played the jbeam 425 tour--shingo spec yesterday o nthe sme curse identical conditions to last week, kept hte yammy in the bag.

the jbeam was very very low in general. it was wet fairway so i got backspin on drives not roll out. siliar to last week but more so.

drove well didnt really miss many. hit most of the fairways.

this jem is a heck of an accurate driver... the flight porvedd its not made for summer conds here. thast for sure.

this is a greta wind cheater , and itl lget oodles of roll.

the kamui was def my prefered driver adn it was def longer.

think il tkae the jbeam back home. that thing was just so damn accurate and ittll get 30 more yards with roll out no probs,

just doesnt have enough carry at the moment, conds, too wet. not the ideal choice.

when its dry tho. this will b a beauty.

ill tkae a few snaps of my hoard..

• 2 weeks later...

First range session with my new KPX - AD Z9003 7x. I ordered my KPX with the custom loft of 10* and 0.5* closed face. It's. Built at 45" d2.5 and has the 10g and 5g weights in the head. I did/do intend to shorten the shaft but I'll need to replace the 5g weight with a 10g weight to keep the SW up at the shorter length.

I went with this set up based on Stews extensive advice with this head and I think he's dead right. It's a different shaped head for sure, I like the look. At address the slight closed FA combined with the high toe gives a square appearance which I like, it sets up to the ball very nicely.

The feel with this shaft is very positive, not say as smooth a feel as an epon/Diamana combo, but crisp and direct is how I would describe it, certainly not unpleasant. It feels like you're hitting the ball straight if that makes sense.

And that's EXACTLY what this club does, laser straight. I was actually not swinging particularly well, not unusual for Tuesday night, and both toe and heel strikes went straight, only slight misses mind you. I tried to hit slices and hooks and couldn't. The slight closed FA on this head is a good idea if you're bad one leaks right.

Trajectory is high, high soring bombs, I like that. Distance - long, I won't know exactly how long untill I get on the course, but I dont expect to be short of my usual marks put it that way. All our clubs are long though aren't they.

Overall initial impressions are that this is a very good club, positives are look at address, ball flight, dispersion and distance. If I had to be picky, and be harsh, the feel isn't epon as said above, but that's fine, the chief is about landing on the grass. The only other thing I'll be interested to see how I cope with not moving the ball around as I usually like to hit a shape, that's probably my only challenge with this club.

I think Stews strong recommendation of this head is WELL justified and I'll give further feedback after a couple of rounds but so far I really like it.

On my end, recently test drove the KP-X and it is definitely straighter than most drivers I've ever hit. That being said, I was not thrilled with the flight for the exact reasons eponfreak indicates...can't shape shots which is important for me. Similar to my TM hybrid, I can try like hell to get the ball to curve, but it just goes dead straight. Still a fun club to hit and I like the way it sets up, for sure.

I may be putting her up for sale in BST in the next couple days if anyone has an interest.

Edited by swisstrader

yup.. i ave a tougt time taking anything but he diamanx shafted one out.

i put the weights back to the original set up adn the ball flight is MUCH lower and stronger.

iswapped the midlde weight for theligher one and the ball went miles high. ona perfect day gee whiz this went withe ducks

heavier weights brought it back a lot.

dont prefer witer one, but now i know on differnt days i can just swap the weights.

what i did notice is the heavier shaft of the p9003x makes this head sing. even with a strong10.5 real loft head.

its close to my perfect stick

its not epon soft thats for sure. but its hard to miss with

its my bagger...

If Gordon Gekko played golf he would say 'straight is good'

GG would also say "golf, like lunch is for wimps"!

Ok, couple of rounds under the belt. This is a great driver. The AD Z is a very good match. It's straight, very very straight, I can get it to go both ways, just enough. All my comments in my prior post bore out on course. One thing I would add is that this set up isn't for non hard hitters. If you're sub 110 forgetaboutit.

Ok, couple of rounds under the belt. This is a great driver. The AD Z is a very good match. It's straight, very very straight, I can get it to go both ways, just enough. All my comments in my prior post bore out on course. One thing I would add is that this set up isn't for non hard hitters. If you're sub 110 forgetaboutit.

Is that to do with the head or the 70X shaft?

The combo but the head is definately anti left. Interestingly I put a couple of awful awful swings on it early on and expected the block cut to flare dramatically. Missed the narrow fairway by 4m. It's a very straight combo. Only Stew can say for sure as he has 11 of them with different shafts.....

Edited by EPONfreak