kamui pro kp-x driver head

supo

well that makes the head 196 ish grams.

and the yead wil launch on the higher side.

id not recomend the 10.5 (for me) head but the 9.5 with this combo shud be good. very good yea.

tell u what ill give it a crakc for u tonmight and write up tom ofn findings il ltry out a few combos again and make sure my thouhts are in order

More interested in the S-Yard review, given my brothers… But however you want to spend your time is OK by me...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supo is definitely the expert on this head.

I've got the 10.5 with the P9003x and its not high. I haven't messed with the weights at all but I can agree that the harder you go it the better. I will say though that I cannot hit this right or fade it for that matter. In fact, for me it has a desire to draw and go left. I can hit "half" shots with it, that is control the swing but I do have to watch and make sure that I finish the swing completely. If I don't and hold back even a little its left.

Supo is definitely the expert on this head.

I've got the 10.5 with the P9003x and its not high. I haven't messed with the weights at all but I can agree that the harder you go it the better. I will say though that I cannot hit this right or fade it for that matter. In fact, for me it has a desire to draw and go left. I can hit "half" shots with it, that is control the swing but I do have to watch and make sure that I finish the swing completely. If I don't and hold back even a little its left.

That seems a little counter intuitive to me. Usually I am pushing/fading when I don't have enough ooommmppphhhh for a particular shaft/head..

Currently there is a black weight (in the back) and a white weight in the front. I am thinking this might be as high as it's going to go.

B,

Try a little spine tilt away from the target in addition to moving the ball forward an inch in your stance, sometimes it just takes a little adjustment period to get the ball flight where you want it through technique rather than equipment adjustment. I messed around with an old Cobra L5V this summer/fall sometime and it was 8.5" with a long shaft and even though I tend to hit the ball high enough, I couldn't hit anything but low bullets with that thing. I found a little spine tilt made a huge difference in getting the ball flight where it needed to be.

In addressing the other thoughts:

Sometimes when people are paired with a setup that's too stout, it tends to cause too much hand action and flipping thru impact, which can cause a whole host of problems that would seem counterintuitive to normal thought. It can take equipment that was missing right on a guy because it was too stout, and all of a sudden turn into left misses due to overcorrection for the shaft. I know because it happened to me last year playing my "full strength" 2011 gear on the heels of rotator cuff surgery and a severe wrist sprain.

I hear people say that good golfers can play with anything, and I suppose it's true. But from my experience in the past year, having equipment mismatched to my physical limitations at the time introduced some bad habits I am just now shaking off. I hit a lot of good drives, but my misses were bass ackwards from the normal. All year long I thought my handicap was skyrocketing simply because of the physical effects of the injuries, but I now realize it was my brain trying to compensate for what had become overly stout equipment.

While it was a frustrating season, it did teach me a lot about the release, timing, etc. I went from having a bit of tentative release that could result in weak pushes and push fades and a waste of my decent power to a fuller, aggressive late release that could be characterized as flipping and missing left. Now that I have seen the effects of both sides of the situation, it makes it clearer in my mind's eye the role of the hands and release in the golf swing, which has led to the best ball striking sessions of my life, with much greater power transfer and correct ball flight. Like Mark Crossfield (in his delightful British accent) always preaches, "you can't find the correct middle unless you've been on both sides." Love that guy's YouTube videos.

Adjusting club to fit swing, adjusting swing to fit club... hmmmm... never the latter for me.

I'm with you... +1

What you gents missed is I have a swing flaw. EVERY driver, every club for that matter is launching low. I might have something figured out though. Had a session with my pro. Apparently I felt the need to grip the club a bit wrong and my setup was on horrible lines. I think I'm back in business, will take a bit for the changes to feel right, but went to the driver again and it is launching a ton higher.

Good deal B hope it works out for you.

Some of us (like myself) have swing flaws you don't always want to fit your clubs to!

What you gents missed is I have a swing flaw. EVERY driver, every club for that matter is launching low. I might have something figured out though. Had a session with my pro. Apparently I felt the need to grip the club a bit wrong and my setup was on horrible lines. I think I'm back in business, will take a bit for the changes to feel right, but went to the driver again and it is launching a ton higher.

As social golfers, we will always have swing flaws. That is a given I think. I can;t put in 5 hours a day into golf with 1000 balls and 18 holes and hence acknowledge that I have to as a social golfer put up with swing flaws. That said, I do not think I have to change my less than perfect swing to fit any club. The clubs have to suit my game and swing which admittedly changes (for the worse) every now and then :-)

As social golfers, we will always have swing flaws. That is a given I think. I can;t put in 5 hours a day into golf with 1000 balls and 18 holes and hence acknowledge that I have to as a social golfer put up with swing flaws. That said, I do not think I have to change my less than perfect swing to fit any club. The clubs have to suit my game and swing which admittedly changes (for the worse) every now and then :-)

I can understand where you're coming from, however one thing I would note is I totally agree with you with one exception. If it's a swing fault that you can live with, then hey no harm no foul. We are not pros, we play for fun, and who has that kind of time to devote to it? However, if your swing fault is catastrophic, like mine was, then some work has to be done. With the work done already, if I can keep this ball flight, this driver is UNREAL.

Guest kbeasley

Like Mark Crossfield (in his delightful British accent) always preaches, "you can't find the correct middle unless you've been on both sides." Love that guy's YouTube videos.

Shame on you, MBBG! I just lost 4 hours of work time watching his videos and haven't even gotten back to 2012 yet!

Who else knew about this guy?

LMAO it is addicting isn't it? Normally Youtube golf videos are boring at best and unwatchable at worst, but I love Mark's. He uses real people's swing videos and critiques them and shows the proper technique and how to get there while being entertaining and humorous. Breaks down a lot of myths as well and has an incredible swing. His head to head product comparisons seem to be spot on with my analysis as well so I feel like I can get a good read from him on things.

As far as changing a swing to s club I agree it isn't good, unless you have a marked flaw across all clubs causing a problem that needs technical fixing versus different equipment. I have played the wrong equipment in the past which has brought more swing errors into play trying to adapt to a product which is NOT what you want. On the other hand, being a "moving target" so to speak following an injury or rebuilding a swing can be almost impossible to fit until you regain some sort of repeatable swing. For the first time in 12 months I feel like I have gotten back to a good, solid repeatable swing from which good equipment recommendations can be made.

I can understand where you're coming from, however one thing I would note is I totally agree with you with one exception. If it's a swing fault that you can live with, then hey no harm no foul. We are not pros, we play for fun, and who has that kind of time to devote to it? However, if your swing fault is catastrophic, like mine was, then some work has to be done. With the work done already, if I can keep this ball flight, this driver is UNREAL.

Good to hear that its working for you now.