Need recommendation for head and shaft combo!!!

indharbor

Hi,

Please advise some recommendations for a head and shaft combination.

I am doing this for a friend who is senior playing professional.

He has been looking for a driver/shaft combo that gives him feel/distance/workability and quality.

He is currently using Titleist 910D3 with Diamana Kaili 60 Regular flex.

Although he likes the feel and workability, he is not particularly happy with the distance as he is not getting any younger. He is in mid 60's.

He wants to find a driver that can give him maximum distance with control and ease of use.

I am confident that late offerings from Japan can fulfill his desire but there are so many choices.

He is looking for 45~50 gram weight in regular flex with good feel and worability. He wants the loft in 10.5.

Although he doesn't admit it, his prority seems like the distance and control.

Based on my research, Ryoma maybe a good choice for the head but shaft is tough to pick one.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can shed their lights on this.

Please help this poor senior touring professional find a great driver/shaft for long and straight shots.

Thanks guy!

If your friend can spare the change, definitely go with the Ryoma Premia instead of the v spec or the regular D1. The V spec needs certain swing speed to make it work but the Premia is just so forgiving and long. For shaft, i would definitely consider the Fire Express 55 which is in mid 50 g and also the Crazy Royal Decoration R flex which is in the high 40g range. Also take a look at the new Basileus range and surely you would find a model to fit his swing.

BTW, I am in his age range but I am just touring (as in sightseeing and hotspring) :-)

Edited by Duffer19

I highly recommend the fire express 50r my dad uses it and he's very long with it. He's turning 66 this year

He has also changed his driver to a higher lofted driver 12deg from a 10.5 and has gained some distance

With the added carry.

If your friend can spare the change, definitely go with the Ryoma Premia instead of the v spec or the regular D1. The V spec needs certain swing speed to make it work but the Premia is just so forgiving and long. For shaft, i would definitely consider the Fire Express 55 which is in mid 50 g and also the Crazy Royal Decoration R flex which is in the high 40g range. Also take a look at the new Basileus range and surely you would find a model to fit his swing.

BTW, I am in his age range but I am just touring (as in sightseeing and hotspring) :-)

I really never paid much attention to the Premia but you have peaked my interest. I've spent most time hitting the V-Spec. Have you hit both duffer? The easier the better.

I really never paid much attention to the Premia but you have peaked my interest. I've spent most time hitting the V-Spec. Have you hit both duffer? The easier the better.

I have hit all three Ryoma model and IMO, there is a reason for Premia's extra cost. The forgiveness and softness of the Premia exceeds that of the old Epon 460 or the EMB. If fitted to a suitable shaft, it could be one of the longest drivers.

Based on some more research, I think best combo for my friend seems like Crazy CRZ-460 with Royal Decoration shaft.

However, Fire Express Light 45 shafts peek his interest as well.

He wants traditional head shape with square if not open face angle since he is touring pro.

He can't bear looking at a closed club face so Ryoma isn't a good option for him at this point. For head, best option is the Crazy CRZ-460 unless there is comparable option you guys can share.

Anyone has experience with both shafts, Crazy Royal Decoration vs. Fire Express Light 45?

What do you think of the performance/quality between the two?

It's quite a bit of investment for him so I want to get this right as much as possible.

Thanks!

Edited by indharbor

The royal deco crazy with a crazy or Roma head is great for workability and feel. The royal deco has a light weight with great stability which is great for pro level players. Depending on shot preference the new basileus line is gaining popularity among skilled players. They offer very precise characteristics for what an individual is looking for.

he could easily look at the diamanaX as well in 60s

esp as i presume hes got a veyr repeatable driver swing, the mor i itthis shaft the more im finding it to be quite special.

as a touring pro , i mguessing the yamah tour wouldnt be out of his grasp.

i ahve this exact driver set up and il lswear blind by it .

the tour head might be prefect in 10*