Best Forged CB irons of 2011/2012

xerobound

Best CB Forged irons of 2011/2012  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the best CB Forged iron of 2011/2012?

• ONOFF Forged
    • Romaro Ray V Forged
    • Yamaha V-Forged Tour Model
    • Yamaha V-Forged
    • Yamaha D-Forged
    • Epon AF-302
    • Epon AF-502
    • PRGR 2012 EGG Forged
    • PRGR eD Forged
    • Fourteen TC-530
    • Fourteen TC-930
    • Titleist 2012 VG3 Forged
    • Tourstage 2012 X-Blade 707
    • Tourstage X-Blade 905 Limited
    • Yururi KM-0312 Forged
    • Callaway Legacy Black Forged
    • Geotech GT Forged Tour Issue
    • 2012 TourStage GR

What do you guys think is the best?I know a lot of these aren't even out yet, but would like to gather everyone's thoughts from speculations or personal play experience. Its so exciting with the new line of cb forged irons coming in 2012! I wonder if they can out do previous year models? Only time will tell.

Edited by TourSpecGolfer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the yamaha tour and the tourstage 905 get my vote.

thTS is difficult but its a great club to play when uneed to plot around a course.

shafted that wit hthe monacco, they are on route to links heaven now.

the yamaha tour , no one needs ask me what i thnik of yamaha tour.

funnily tho i think the 11 is the better head.

BECEASUE the shape suits me better. the tech in the 12 is peerless.

well for me best is subjective. i have gamed 4 of those irons and have tried half.

the 302s would get my vote. cant get any better if your looking for a easy to use

players CB.

for tech i would put the 502s, titleist VG3 as well as the onoff forged up there.

Tats, i would like to hear your opinion on the matter?

I'd say the 302, but it's really the only one I have hit. Can't imagine something being much better tho.

It's hard to vote for some of the models that are very new or the ones that are not even out yet.

It also depends on the best CB for who.

For the better player I'd say the Yamaha Tour. For the medium capper and improving player the ONOFF Forged. And for the average golfer the D Forged or the original VG3 Forged for those who want something smaller.

I'd say onoff forged

And I'll let you know on the GeoTech tour issue once mine arrive this week!!

I'd say the 302, but it's really the only one I have hit. Can't imagine something being much better tho.

this would be my response too

Based on the limited experience across a range of product, the poll results are probably a better reflection of "what is everyone gaming?" :)

BINGO!

That's exactly why the 302's will do so well. It's because they have been around for some time and many people have tried them + most people are bias toward any big purchase they make.

Here's the thing this post will have thousands and thousands of views and will still be here in a few years ( just like the last one is still around ) and by then everyone will have tried everything on this list.

I voted ONOFF Forged, The 302's would have ranked #4 for me.

Would anyone include Tourstage GR Forged irons in this poll? I think Chris ranks these high as well?

oooooooooooooooh u forgo the yonex ezone blades..

V V tasty!

Come on now Stew...u cant include the ezone blades......This is a CB poll.......its like bringing a gun to a knife fight (great idea)

Original Titleist VG3's. If anything can stay in my bag going on 2 years it has to be really pretty good. Right blend of forgiveness and feel. I have tried ON OFF, including the 247's, Fourteen, Tourstage MR 23, various Japan Taylor Made and these have won out.

I took the 302's out of the bag to play the new Yamaha V Forged Tour....

The 302's are back in the bag.

Not going to keep the Tours.....

I have a bunch of Iron sets I really like and get along very well with.... V forged included

The 302's are the best OVERALL Iron for me.

Find set of 2012 Yamaha Tour forged. So easy to hit and profile second to none. Shaft is very important though.

c'mom...I just purchased the GR forged irons. Waiting for them to arrive. You are all giving me a complex!

c'mom...I just purchased the GR forged irons. Waiting for them to arrive. You are all giving me a complex!

You can't go wrong with those.

i thought that but the tourstage 905s x blade were in there so i thought why not just say best clubs.

i aint hit thse but some great looking fcavitites ive seens are the titleist VG

and srixon something or others.

id play those in a heart beat

i thought that but the tourstage 905s x blade were in there so i thought why not just say best clubs.

i aint hit thse but some great looking fcavitites ive seens are the titleist VG

and srixon something or others.

id play those in a heart beat

The 905 X-Blade had a cavity back and a muscle back model...

Best for me would mean most forgiving without sacrifice too much feel since I'm not a great ball striker : ) right now I'm using af 702 and it's the furthest and most forgiving iron I've ever hit. Is the egg forged and on off more forgiving? If so, I would really like to try : )

Find set of 2012 Yamaha Tour forged. So easy to hit and profile second to none. Shaft is very important though.

They look sweet... of all the clubs I've held in my hands, these fit my eye the best at address. I worry that they may be too much on a day to day basis for my mid-capper game though. Irons have always been the weakest part of my game.

Ok I added TourStage GR to the poll. Yes fantastic irons all around.

My #1 was the ONOFF Forged because it's dumb easy to hit and uber soft. The VG3's ranked a super super did I say super close #2 it's like a compromise between the 302 & ONOFF. Stevo the new VG3's are identical to the version you have but more forgiving you may like those!

What I think we will find in this poll is there are those who lean toward a more player CB ala 302's Yammy's, TS 905, etc.. and those who lean toward more forgiveness ONOFF, VG3, GR, EGG Forged etc..

The 302 and yam tour models were and still are awesome. I am currently very into romaro clubs so it's a very tough choice. I'm going to wait a bit longer for an official vote. If I vote now, the Yamaha tour model will get my vote.