Best Forged CB irons of 2011/2012

xerobound

Best CB Forged irons of 2011/2012  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the best CB Forged iron of 2011/2012?

• ONOFF Forged
    • Romaro Ray V Forged
    • Yamaha V-Forged Tour Model
    • Yamaha V-Forged
    • Yamaha D-Forged
    • Epon AF-302
    • Epon AF-502
    • PRGR 2012 EGG Forged
    • PRGR eD Forged
    • Fourteen TC-530
    • Fourteen TC-930
    • Titleist 2012 VG3 Forged
    • Tourstage 2012 X-Blade 707
    • Tourstage X-Blade 905 Limited
    • Yururi KM-0312 Forged
    • Callaway Legacy Black Forged
    • Geotech GT Forged Tour Issue
    • 2012 TourStage GR

Chris, which one is the dumbest : ) ? 702, Vg3, on-off forged, or egg forged. Really like to hear more about this egg forged, maybe a review soon please : )

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have only hit the Onoff forfed and the 2011 Yamaha v forged tour out of the bunch, my vote goes to the onoffs. Stupid easy to hit.and still acceptable looking clubs. Oh and by the way, did I already mentioned soft...?

The 302 and yam tour models were and still are awesome. I am currently very into romaro clubs so it's a very tough choice. I'm going to wait a bit longer for an official vote. If I vote now, the Yamaha tour model will get my vote.

Dumbest as in easiest to hit? If so ONOFF Forged no doubt and it has minimal offset which I love! It's all about finding the balance of look, forgiveness, and feel imo. I would leave 702 out, too much offset.

Yamaha V Forged Tour 2011 have my vote. Amazing irons. I've never owned any JDM stuff before but I now have a set of these in 3i - PW with 52* and 58* wedges, all shafted with Quadra 4AX SOF 100i in stiff. Amazing irons. They have a small head which makes me concentrate more, but they feel fantastic.....did I tell you how amazing they are?? :)

Yamaha V Forged Tour 2011 have my vote. Amazing irons. I've never owned any JDM stuff before but I now have a set of these in 3i - PW with 52* and 58* wedges, all shafted with Quadra 4AX SOF 100i in stiff. Amazing irons. They have a small head which makes me concentrate more, but they feel fantastic.....did I tell you how amazing they are?? :)

Hey Ian, welcome to the forum!

Hi there Mr Tourspecgolfer! Shall I call you Chris? It's good to be aboard the good ship JDM. I've never owned the usual sets of irons - Taylormade/Callaway/Nike/Titleist etc, As soon as I discovered Tourspec it was like opening Pandoras box :)

I have to share this picture

post-15035-0-36862500-1335472570.jpg

Ian...Well said. I have been a member since 2005 and am still addicted to this wonderful site! :tsg_smiley_heart:

• 4 weeks later...

Would really like to see how the new vg3 fares when it comes out end of this mth

Another vote for onoff forged...my vote goes to them because of feel ball flight and super forgiveness....if i was a better ball striker i would have chosen the yammy tour forged

Another vote for onoff forged...my vote goes to them because of feel ball flight and super forgiveness....if i was a better ball striker i would have chosen the yammy tour forged

This is exactly how I feel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my yammy v forged tour - lets see how it stacks up to the 302s, which still holds the title in my bag

Trying out the pxi, if it doesnt work, will switch back to ctapers

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmmmm me think u will be back to c tapers very quickly

I just got my c-tapers in action. Holy strong flight through the wind, Batman. I don't have the problems loading these that a lot of people seemed to have.. they feel smooth and responsive. Slightly higher ballflight than I prefer, but i will take it as it seems to provide a soft landing on approach shots with my short irons.

Yep changing back to my c-tapers for my yamaha vforge tour. Way too much spin on the pxi. Any other iron shaft recommends ? Super Low & boring is what i want

....and just changed my vote from 302s to yammys. Best club ever struck, but full club shorter thsn 302s....must be the shaft.

Edited by Chanaa

mate try the yammy tours form 2011. they are like a reved up form of the 302s.

lthere is nothing ike the af tours..... thast whay the yare so good. they did something no one else has made a big blade.

i use these as a cavity and i use them when the grass gets thick.. thin blades for tight lies. flush for lush.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would come down to Shaft and brand choice to be honest!!

have a set of OnOff forgeed! and I agree with wrong shafts it feels awful!