ROMARO RAY H IRONS (MY REVIEW)

Silverscreen

Greetings! Today marks my very first post on this forum, and I would like to kick things off by reviewing these irons which I received a couple of days ago through TourSpecGolf in the 4-PW configuration.

When I was a boy, I learned to play golf using my father's blade irons. I can still remember the thin top line and the high toe at address! I never thought they were too small, as blades were all I knew growing up. Over the years I switched to cavity backs, and each passing set seemed to get bigger and bigger. Recently I decided to try to find a blade type iron with at least some of the forgiveness of a cavity back, which is why I drifted to these Romaro's.

First Impressions: If there is a better looking set of irons, I haven't seen them. These irons are beyond beautiful, and pictures really do not do them justice! The satin finish makes it very easy to fend off glare, and I think adds to the overall looks!

Size: These are definitely Blade like in appearance. The top line is thin, the head is very compact, offset is minimal and again, great satin finish! To be honest, I was a bit intimidated at first glance and wondered instantly if I had bitten off more than I could chew. But they set up so perfectly at address, harkening me back to my youth, that I proceeded to swing with confidence. I should mention that I am a big fan of high toe irons, and these definitely give you that!

Feel: One of the best feeling irons I have ever had the privilege of hitting. Feel is both soft and solid. It is as pure a feeling as it gets for me! Even shots that were hit more towards the toe still felt great, which I was not expecting.

Workability: Whatever you want! Fades, Draws, Low, High were all a breeze. The natural ball flight for these irons is quite high, and that is thanks to the half cavity design. I was really impressed with the ball flight, and very impressed at how easy they are to get the ball in the air. As a result, Romaro increased the lofts by 1 degree over the Pro Forged Model to compensate for this.

Distance: My distance neither increased nor decreased with these irons. I was concerned by the higher lofts, but I ended up hitting them the same distance as my ever so slightly stronger lofted I20's.

Forgiveness: Here is where these irons shined most for me. For an iron of this size, they are surprisingly forgiving! Off center shots still travelled farther than I was expecting and as already mentioned, ball flight was nice and high! And in terms of the size, it's funny, after just a couple of minutes on the range I was already used to it. And after 40 minutes on the range, I took a look at the I20's I also had brought along and they already looked too big to me... Funny how the mind works...

Conclusion:

If you are looking for a beautiful, very great feeling, compact blade like iron with the forgiveness of a cavity back, look no further. I had never heard of Romaro before this site introduced them, so a big thanks to TourSpecGolfer for always being on the lookout for great products! and a big thanks to Tario for introducing these irons and for providing a very seamless transaction. He was always very quick to respond to any questions that I had!

Cheers!

post-15057-0-05830600-1334872432.jpg

post-15057-0-41093500-1334872475.jpg

Welcome and thanks formthe great review, maybe a follow up post after you have some more rounds under your belt?

Thank you for the review ! keep us updated after u get them dialed in !!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome and nice words. I have a couple of tee times scheduled for the weekend so will report back after some true testing in the field.

Cheers!

Well done... Looking forward to more detail... What did you shaft them with?

J has them with the 950GH Stiff.

I forgot to ask what you think of the Romaro grips?

I'm very glad you liked them and working with you on getting them was a breeze as well.

Excellent review ...enjoy your new Clubs!!

Haha what I should have asked is did you smell the grips? (^_^)

The smell of the grips...? :tsg_smiley_homer: Hmm. Anyway, great looking irons really.

The smell of the grips...? :tsg_smiley_homer: Hmm. Anyway, great looking irons really.

Perhaps its infused with citronella oil like those plastic golf belts you find in Japan and Bangkok.

It actually smells like bubble gum. It's better than stinky post round hands.

They want you to hit the club smile then lick your fingers..;o)

Great looking club. Love the smelly grips! Great review you got there, I love hoe the romaro irons look. Im looking forward to comparing all that romaro has to offer. All so pure! It seems like a great set for myself. I love clubs that are very workable and with that great feel... Ohhh. I might have to dump my current irons soon. :)

Nice review...I've seem a couple of Romaro around and never thought of giving em a swing but this review sure makes me wanna go swing some demo and see how they compare to my Yururi Flatback

Guys,

if anyone has hit the Miura PP-9003 can i please have some comparisons Romaro H's? i currently have a set of PP's and find it difficult on really bad days and was wondering if Romaro's are more forgiving? wouldnt mind having a second set :)

Thank you

Nice review + even better looking irons there.... I think they hit this one right

Guys,

if anyone has hit the Miura PP-9003 can i please have some comparisons Romaro H's? i currently have a set of PP's and find it difficult on really bad days and was wondering if Romaro's are more forgiving? wouldnt mind having a second set :)

Thank you

Dear Jimsta.

If u find the PP's hard to hit then you'll probably find the Romaro H's less forgiving.

Maybe look at the V's or On Off's .... or get lessons :D

Dear Jimsta.

If u find the PP's hard to hit then you'll probably find the Romaro H's less forgiving.

Maybe look at the V's or On Off's .... or get lessons :D

Yup agree with that. The Romaro H is made to play closer to a blade model where the PP is designed around forgiveness and feel. But don't get me wrong, Romaro H is very forgiving for a thin blade like design they got. Its an easy transition for people that are used to playing a pure blade mode. Romaro H is much easier to work the ball.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

Thank you

miura pp-9003 its much harder to hit

romaro ray h its much easier, but ray v will be so much easier.

but romaro ray h its butterly soft, love it.

• 1 month later...

Mine is paired with Bassara shaft and Golf Pride grip. My swing speed is around 95-101, handicap 12.

Distance: I have to say that this RomaRo Ray-H combos deliver about 5meter less than my Epon 701 paired with the same shaft and grip.

Trajectory: Surprisingly, these Ray-H combos launch the ball at merely the same trajectory height as the Epon 701. However, subjectively, I believe they deliver the ball with more precise aim.

Feel: Pronounce that they are indeed great Forged iron. Epon 701 gives more springy feel.

But best of all, these Ray-H always attract good conversations and compliment from fellow golfers while waiting for the tee-off..post-15104-0-60657700-1341225791.jpgpost-15104-0-33718200-1341225817.jpgpost-15104-0-18629000-1341225830.jpg

• 1 month later...

Xerobound

Have you tried the Mizuno MP63? How does it play against the Romaro H?

The reason I asked is because I want to get a slightly forgiving iron set (vs mp5003).

I was very tempted to wait until the Mizuno MP64 to come out and place a custom set through Tario.

But now looking at the Romaro, seems like it's the answer.

I wanted a relatively small head with thin top line (I guess Mizuno can grind it on custom orders).

I love how blade feels and look, but need more forgiveness on the 3-4 irons on launch if not hit solid.