Chronicle of custom Lajosi BM3 – Smooth & Damascus Custom

EdGolf

That's the price for a custom putter.... of course if you wanna use exotic materials, i.e Damascus, Copper, etc the price jumps up to USD700-900 range but still waaaaaay cheape than other custom putter like Bryon, Nead or TP Mills.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the pm I sent you, I only just noticed you answered here.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I would keep both the koi and initial red as it will really stand out in the black nickle finish. Will look really classy and also not too many colors combo... !! What type grip you getting??

Wow Ed! I'm very late to this party. Huge congrats on this. A horological parallel would be like working with an indie watchmaker on a bespoke piece. I do however share some of Chris's concerns in terms of actual performance... how is the roll, skidding etc? While it looks great, I'm also wondering how the lizard face actually putts. Going back to the watch analogy, however nice it looks, mechanically it has to do what it is expected to do well and that is to keep time within COSC at the least or be accurate as a chrono etc....

Wow Ed! I'm very late to this party. Huge congrats on this. A horological parallel would be like working with an indie watchmaker on a bespoke piece. I do however share some of Chris's concerns in terms of actual performance... how is the roll, skidding etc? While it looks great, I'm also wondering how the lizard face actually putts. Going back to the watch analogy, however nice it looks, mechanically it has to do what it is expected to do well and that is to keep time within COSC at the least or be accurate as a chrono etc....

It rolls great and very soft (like melted butter) in feel due to the deep milling. The lizard face don't effect roll as it's flat. Only thing I don't quite like is the deep milling cause the ball to sound very muted and hard to gadget distance, especially when using a softer ball, like Penta.

I prefer light milling with a slightly firmer 'click' sound for my putter. From 10ft in it's money but because of the soft feel, I suffer in lag putting.

Would look sweet... mine is also shaft with a Red Gripmaster Mid size.

Kari does some amazing work and already have a couple of touring pros gaming his putters in the recent Australian open. There is nothing this guy can't do.....