Yamaha Driver Thread!!!

Many ask how are those Yamaha drivers? I think a post talking about them would serve us.

I have only tried the V202 & V202 Tour in these new models so if anyone else has hit the D or Z series please chime in.

My take on Yamaha drivers is they are top tech on par with TourStage and PRGR that says a lot. Forged by Endo & Made in Japan.

The design on the back face is one of the most efficient when it comes to the transfer of energy.

Features:

- Super thin chemically milled crown

- Design behind the face for increased forgiveness and max energy transfer

- Low RPM Spin Concept

- Designed for sound/feel for improved experience 3114Hz

Yamaha V202 Tour Limited Driver

gallery_8383_2_30332.jpg

gallery_8383_2_7053.jpg

gallery_8383_2_142922.jpg

Yamaha V202 Driver

gallery_8383_2_24635.jpg

gallery_8383_2_132911.jpg

gallery_8383_2_1278.jpg

Yamaha D202 Driver

gallery_8383_2_79582.jpg

gallery_8383_2_75767.jpg

gallery_8383_2_44697.jpg

gallery_8383_2_37223.jpg

Yamaha Z202 Driver

gallery_8383_2_124038.jpg

gallery_8383_2_155172.jpg

gallery_8383_2_536262.jpg

gallery_8383_2_17592.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice info C! i love the yamaha gear! my current driver is an old 405d

that cant be kicked out of the bag. only thing not yammie are my irons haha

by the way what is a chemically milled crown?

Spoon - I'm the opposite, I have the irons but not the woods! Would love to get a yammy driver in my bag.

well I was gaming ther Yam V202 tour with Diam X until the Epon 0 arrived. I have hit them back to back on course and range and currently the Zero is winning for feel and distance..... :tsg_smiley_drool:

I guess I am the odd one out. Today, into wind, 270 yard drives witht he Zero. There is no back spin on the ball whatsoever....

I've got an af-101 and yammy v201. The epon is definitely softer, but the yammy feels very solid and is 15 yards longer for me, even though it's .5 inch shorter. LOVE Yamaha drivers.

the new one....

best head to date.

yamaha keep just improving slightyl on the old design.

theres no hideous colour arrangement. the new one looks awsome.

oh and the BB shaft in the tour driver should NOT be replaced.unlessu absolutely /positively want a differnt shaft

the bb is bloody awsome. its not that high.. nor low. u can get it soaring miles or cutting grass tops.

its not soft nor rock hard. and

its a hell of a lot easier to hit than he epon zero!!!

yamaha tour driver every year for me.

absoutely guaranteed.

ive got a yamaha 4.6V.....i think its a 2009 but damn that driver is solid , great feel and piercing flight .......tons of roll too and really good looking club at address !!!!

the new one....

best head to date.

yamaha keep just improving slightyl on the old design.

theres no hideous colour arrangement. the new one looks awsome.

oh and the BB shaft in the tour driver should NOT be replaced.unlessu absolutely /positively want a differnt shaft

the bb is bloody awsome. its not that high.. nor low. u can get it soaring miles or cutting grass tops.

its not soft nor rock hard. and

its a hell of a lot easier to hit than he epon zero!!!

yamaha tour driver every year for me.

absoutely guaranteed.

i have no driver now, Z0 is gone, Crazy 435II Goneski, i need a higher launching head ala 102.

what yamaha will give me that? want it super forgiving

i have no driver now, Z0 is gone, Crazy 435II Goneski, i need a higher launching head ala 102.

what yamaha will give me that? want it super forgiving

If you want super forgiving and I assume not too big because you were comparing to the Epon AF102, you probably have to look at the D202. The V-Series is very forgiving for a players club, but it is not stupid easy to hit. The V-Series is probably comparable to the AF102.

Edited by shacco

Are u talking about the v440 power length ???

yup thats a great head ,

gets airobrn easily

its 191 gram stock , bec it plays to 46 inch .

its got a big face.

simple easy and really stylish

personally i think it needs more weight

so i gel injected mine to 199g

NOW,

its prefect

did u put the gel in through the hosel ???? is the gel sitting on the sole of the club ??? ive heard that hot melt can be strategically placed in the head for bias purposes.......im so itching to try out the one u have in BST : P

• 2 months later...

The V202 is a very neutral head....it is pretty deep and very forgiving.....the trajectory is penetrating and the club likes to go straight, the sound is pretty muted and satisfying...between a "thud" and a "whack" in sound....feel is excellent, im definitely going to game this driver in a 9 deg.

how about the z202. i am going to pull the trigger on a mint 10.5 reg shaft for about half price. my bad driver swing is a hook, and driver is my weakness, or should i go with another model. its going to be my first time buying a jdm driver.

if your bad swing is a hook...i would look into getting either the v202 or the v202 tour model........i believe the z202 is geared for the higher handicapped golfer and has a draw bias

well you all know what i think of yamaha.... every time i take one out i come back saying why do i have a stable of drivers when htis is so damn good....

i kid my slef i know hte answer, but i dont really...

one thing in golf-life holds true, i wil always have a yamaha driver in my rotation.... always..,

The V202 flies under the radar a bit, but its one of the best out there. I found it to get a high trajectory right off the bat, but it doesn't balloon. It flat lines after it gets up.. Ideal for carry distance. The tour model is good and has a soft feel, similar to the epon 0, but not as harsh on off center hits. I think its consistently longer too! However, In this case, if I had to play one, I'd put the regular v202 not the tour model in my bag. Was impressed by the combination of feel and forgiveness on it.

zero... i agree completely with that.

the tour version gets humougous carry and its definatly longer than the epon zero.. definatly. i was going head ot head last day in niseko with both htese heads. the yamaha was consistanly longer.

BUT

get this. icant beleive im saying this

BUT

the zero............................................, yes i was suing as a safety club foe the tighter shots i ahd to make on skinny straight fairways!

i dont beleive i said that but its true.

the yamaha iwas kabooooming on the pars 5s and long apr 4s

the zero iwas just schmoooozing out there with a tiny fade back to the right side of the fairway.

i know he epon zero can not go left but boy it can go right. wit hthe diamana X

the yamaha tour i can hit more bombs with also its 1/2 inch longer at 45.25inch

the yamaha tour is a magnificent head. how hte hell they can make this better again next yr im blowed if i know its perfect as is.

the 10* is perfect as well , i found the 9* goes too low. its too hard to get up even teeing it as high as i do.

too inconsistant for my swing, the 10* however looks so good at address. looking at that elongated face inspires huge confidence.

i like how they limit it to a about 1000 pieces as well.

top stick.

yeah i've tried the z202 and all i do is mega hook. 50 yards hook maybe. time to demo the v202 i guess.