Yamaha Driver Thread!!!

Stew converted me to Yamaha drivers too! I have a v201 non-tour 10 deg with a hard to find roddio pentacross. Amazing head shaft combo. Great ball flight and never really balloons even when your go hard. This shaft is anti-left and really plays well for some fighting a hook. Only complaint is that I can't draw the ball with this club at all. Just scored a Yamaha v440 powerlength with a tourad BB. Super excited about this club. If all goes well, there might be a v201 in bs&t soon.

Wow, sounds like my combo. V201 non tour in 10° with a roddio w6ba. Lovely combo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none of us woudl have the love for yammy without the bogeymeister. bogeydog....

hes been gaming Yamaha since we were knee high to grasshoppers..

he really got me very intereted in their wares.

i ahve a FULL bag of yams now..

yam tour 10*-- crazy cb50

3w 5w diamana stingers

3-pw 2011 tour modus 3 tx

52 + 57* wedges.

and the putter dont count..

what bag that is...!

i game full yammys from time to time and they never let me down .

love em..,

Edited by supo67

Hmmm interesting!!

Thanks Stew for the mention. Yamaha consistently delivers throughout their product line. I don't recall ever not being satisfied with any club I have had. I still love my 2009 tour driver and 2012 tour irons. Great shapes, awesome performance, great feel. The irons are crisp slightly soft in feel which I prefer because feedback is important to me. Drivers are always spot on.

To me golf demands precision equipment and Yamaha is a great choice as a weapon.

none of us woudl have the love for yammy without the bogeymeister. bogeydog....

hes been gaming Yamaha since we were knee high to grasshoppers..

he really got me very intereted in their wares.

i ahve a FULL bag of yams now..

yam tour 10*-- crazy cb50

3w 5w diamana stingers

3-pw 2011 tour modus 3 tx

52 + 57* wedges.

and the putter dont count..

what bag that is...!

i game full yammys from time to time and they never let me down .

love em..,

Being form the US and always a traditional Titleist guy Yamaha has always appealed to me, just feels like the Titleist of Japan to my eye and taste (cold be wrong however). I've owned two sets of the Tour Model irons and truly wish I hadn't sold either, I can't wait to game a driver soon...BB

Edited by BigBen

think u might like the driver BB they are all great, i recently found an old 2006 v410 i shafted her up with a bb6x and gamed her a few times.. the head weight was too heavy at 206 gram so im trying to get it lighter today and game it at 200-202 ish..

stinger going into that baby..

thats how much i think of yamaha.. 2006 head diamana stinger??

NO probs

think u might like the driver BB they are all great, i recently found an old 2006 v410 i shafted her up with a bb6x and gamed her a few times.. the head weight was too heavy at 206 gram so im trying to get it lighter today and game it at 200-202 ish..

NO probs

Any TSGer's looking for Yamaha 410V driver, there is one on sale on Ebay!! Price is not too bad either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/InpresX-410V-Iron-1W-10-YAMAHA-/280856778707?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item41645e57d3#ht_2520wt_1166

im bagging the 2009 4.6V right now.....longest driver ive owned.....not the most forgiving.....but feels solid and is crazy long........its currently sporting my crazy ly02 7.7

NO probs

Supo how do you reduce the headweight?......does clubmaker have to drill down into the hosel?

My brother also has this older model and loves it! Be interested to see how she flies with the stinger......keep us posted please

NO probs

Thanks Stew, I recently picked up a mint 2010 V201 non-tour, don't have it yet but I'm getting excited about the possibilities. I want a new one as well, can anyone compare the new models to this one??? BB

Right. This one is still in my bag since release!

im bagging the 2009 4.6V right now.....longest driver ive owned.....not the most forgiving.....but feels solid and is crazy long........its currently sporting my crazy ly02 7.7

Thanks Stew, I recently picked up a mint 2010 V201 non-tour, don't have it yet but I'm getting excited about the possibilities. I want a new one as well, can anyone compare the new models to this one??? BB

I have the v201 Tour model and love it. I also had the 2011 v425 tour and prefer the V201 Tour to it. I don't see anything to gain in the newer models. Maybe the 2013!!

Edited by jbird902

Supo how do you reduce the headweight?......does clubmaker have to drill down into the hosel?

My brother also has this older model and loves it! Be interested to see how she flies with the stinger......keep us posted please

my scorcerer, never reveals his secrets....

i just take what me makes me and walk away smiling. the ONLY thing he hasnt been able to do is pull the head of a machine putter bec the frickeeeen thing has US NON metric measurements and no allen key fits the fricken thing!!!

apart form that .. he does what works.

the thing i noticed with the 11 to the 12.

i think the 11 was prob consistannlty longer.

.but

the 2012 i find much more forgiving. the shape is differnent. the 11 is fuller rounder, the 12 is elongated.

the 11 stinger i had nad broke aprt was a rocket.

i find i hardly miss the 12, the 11 imissed more , but the times got it kabooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

i prefer the 12 tho

Guys - just picked up a V202 10* head from a friend. I shafted it with an Attas3 5R but it seems to spin a whole lot (4100 rpms!). Can someone please recommend a shaft for this head. Current gamer is a 10* Crazy 460 with RoyDeco S at about 46 inches. Love the gamer but want to try something at 45 inches. HS is 99-102 mph. Smooth transition. Had some good success with the LY02 6.9 but having some difficulty locating these now. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to demo the v202 10* with stock TourAD LV shaft in SR flex and the D202 10.5* with stock R flex. Both were hit side by side with my 435 RD S flex and all played to 46 inches.

It became apparent quickly that the D202 was not. Too much spin but felt good.

The V202 however has a lot of potential and I wonder if it comes down to shaft weight. Now the V202 was not longer than my current setup but could match the distance on several occasions. Here's the revelation... the V202 with the stock shaft was much tighter in dispersion. over 40+ crapy range balls and into the wind, I must have hooked my setup about 3 times and faded it about another 2 or 3 times. With the V202 stock shaft, no hooks and only 1 slight fade but most of the time, it went down the corridor. my Jbeam 435 RD however noticeably rolled more and both carried about the same distance with the 435 carrying longer but just slightly.

So, 435 RD was clearly longer consistently but not by much. From what I can see maybe 5-10 metros when it is longer BUT dispersion it clearly lost out to the V202 with stock SR shaft.

Now could the dispersion be down to the shaft as in the weight difference as the RD is a 40 + gram shaft and the stock Tour AD LV in the V202 is supposed to be a 60+ gram shaft. Could that 15 +/- gram difference in the shaft make such a difference in dispersion? Its not about flex as well in this case as both felt about the same. Does a stock shaft outperform the highly rated and much more expensive Crazy RD shaft? Again, it's not longer but tighter.

Interesting outcome that makes me wonder if a slightly heavier 50+ gram shaft in my 435 would be better dispersion wise without sacrificing distance and if perhaps a 50+ gram shaft in the V202 would give better distance without comproising dispersion. Things on a Sunday afternoon that make you go hmmmm....

Edited by wmclarenf1

Most important rule to follow... never trust a range ball(s)......

Okay..... isn't the lighter shaft supposed to help swing the club just a wee bit faster? that would account for a bit of extra distance. When I was comparing SS's

with different shafts it seemed the lighter shaft combo was a slightly higher SS. My other thought would be with a bit faster swing one might be slightly less

consistent with the swing. Now, we have spin to put into the equation........ loft(s)........aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Pardon me while I go have a nervous breakdown....

Not easy being a club ho... always looking for the perfect, magic setup..... inquiring minds want to ho.. I mean no!!!!

the 10* head i find is perfect with EVREY shaft i put in it.

the 9* is LOT less forgiving and needs a higher laucnhing shaft for normal people.

the bb6x i nthe 9* was great but it leaked right with slice , the 10* idont find that ..,

i might push it a bit but not a real dead real slice (comapred to the 9*)

as a general rule with yamaha, ive found u can go the higher loft with confidence for the general majority ...,

and 10* is nt really a high loft!

never trust a shiiiiiiiiiiiiity fall out of the sky range ball..

they lie like a roppongi stripper on a thursday night at 2am...!

Edited by supo67

Most important rule to follow... never trust a range ball(s)......

Okay..... isn't the lighter shaft supposed to help swing the club just a wee bit faster? that would account for a bit of extra distance. When I was comparing SS's

with different shafts it seemed the lighter shaft combo was a slightly higher SS. My other thought would be with a bit faster swing one might be slightly less

consistent with the swing. Now, we have spin to put into the equation........ loft(s)........aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Pardon me while I go have a nervous breakdown....

Not easy being a club ho... always looking for the perfect, magic setup..... inquiring minds want to ho.. I mean no!!!!

Based on the crappy range balls, I would say the V202 stick combo spun more than the 435 RD combo evident by the added roll of the 435 but not by much. 435 is 10.5 tre loft and Yamaha is 10* and from what I read ever, should be true loft. The Yamaha felt better than the 435 though but the results jsust was not better then the 435 for distance in a consistent basis but was a lot better on dispersion than the 435.