Yamaha Driver Thread!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I will concur. THe head feels soft yet solid.

pull the trigger on it A. It feels awesome off the middle and if you catch it just above the centre, it gives you more pop and an extra 10-20 yrds

Here's a question for the Yammy experts :

Is the latest always the greatest? How does the 4.6V, V201 and V202 compare against each other in terms of launch angle, spin, carry, roll and forgiveness. Not referring to the tour versions of the V201 and V202.

All assuming a loft of 10* and same shaft.

If anyone has hit a Ryoma V-Spec 9.5 or a JBeam 435 10.5, would be ideal to share comparisons on the same parameters against these heads too.

Will be going for another demo of the V202 later but have no chance to hit a 4.6V or V201. Thanks in advance.

I prefer the feel of yammy 425 than a ryoma vspec 9.5. The yammy is prolly more demanding with very satisfying feedback at impact. if you could strike the ball consistently, the ryoma will travel forever even in windy condition.

yammy prolly launch lower to me and it gets more roll.

Just hit the V202 side by side with my 435 again... the 435 is consistently longer than the V202. As much as I wanted to prefer the V202, the results for ME show otherwise.

Have you tried the 2009 4.6V RPM? Nothing in a tour level driver head has touched it in feel, distance, etc. Nice and heavy also. I think mine is 201g. I have a few guys of all levels playing it including me and nothing has knocked it out of the bag. I have it in constant rotation with the Ryoma ST. Likes the Quadra FEX proto is liked as well.

Have you tried the 2009 4.6V RPM? Nothing in a tour level driver head has touched it in feel, distance, etc. Nice and heavy also. I think mine is 201g. I have a few guys of all levels playing it including me and nothing has knocked it out of the bag. I have it in constant rotation with the Ryoma ST. Likes the Quadra FEX proto is liked as well.

Argghhhh... why did you have to do that especially when I know there is one going for a song...

Ok... you have the Ryoma ST but have you played the V-Spec. I'm hearing that the 4.6V is very low spin and low launch close to V-Spec level. If that is the case, that is a concern for me although I guess I just bump up a degree in loft and play a higher launchign shaft like teh Royal Decor?

Also, is this like a high swing speed big hitter kinda head because I'm not a big hitter with a high swing speed.

Edited by wmclarenf1

The 4.6V is a Yamaha head. Mine is 10*. I demo'd the Ryoma Vspec when they first came out. I don't find the ST high launching however I can vary the launch dramatically by adjusting tee height. The Yamaha is fairly forgiving, and really kills it. In 2010 Yamaha's tour drivers became more demanding. How much can you get one for?

I have a swing around 98 mph. I think a RD shaft could work really well.

The 4.6V is a Yamaha head. Mine is 10*. I demo'd the Ryoma Vspec when they first came out. I don't find the ST high launching however I can vary the launch dramatically by adjusting tee height. The Yamaha is fairly forgiving, and really kills it. In 2010 Yamaha's tour drivers became more demanding. How much can you get one for?

You;re referring to the r.p.m head right? So if I struggled with a V-Spec 9.5 with a LY02, you reckon I should go with a 10* in a 4.6V r.p.m? I can get on for about mid to high US$200s. Stock Rombax shaft and used of course. Is that a good deal?

i have tried almost everything out there and the 2009 4.6V is solidly in the bag !!!!

And I think you tried the Ryoma V-Spec too and the 435?

Vspec yes, Crazy no. Premia also. What questions can I answer?

Vspec yes, Crazy no. Premia also. What questions can I answer?

Can you give a more direct comparison of th 4.6V r.p.m to the V-Spec and Premia? Your V-Spec and premia were 9.5 or 10.5* lofts? I gamed the V-Spec for a while so I am very familiar with its launch and spin characteristics which did not suit me too well. I am looking for a head which in the same loft has a slightly higher launch and spin than the V-Spec.

Truth be told, my 435 combo is proving hard to beat but one never stops looking ... :-)