fourteen hi610 driving iron 4

supo

so my fear and loathing with all things higher lofted utility wise is well ldocumented.

and i was mightly underwhelmed by this Di when i first got it . till i realised ti wa the purple spagetti string shaft thats was the culprit NOT the head..

i reshafted it with a NS super peening blue S 3 irons shaft. and roberts ya fathers brother.. superb stick,

its a wee bit tough to hit with this shaft so i left that in oz and i bought another and will put a nicer modus 3 tx X into her...

. what i can say is ive found my long par 3 ute now and its a pleasure out of the thick stuff as its is off a tee lovely club

its my 200 ayrd stick .

high and handsome. finally found what im looking for!

this one

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Fourteen-2011-HI610h-TS-Utility-Iron

My 190m/ 290yard club is an older PRGR ZOOM driving iron with heavy graphite shaft. Irreplacable club - that's such an important distance - lay-ups on par 5s, low shapers from under trees, fairway hitters on short par 4s, GIRs on long par 3s....

Glad you found it!

Are you sure 190metre = 290 yards Professor? What are the tolerances on your Nano particles? :atsg_smilie_pot:

Ha ha, must be the red wine I'm drinking! I meant 190m/ 210yards. (Although I have read some (other) forums where blokes claim they can hit their driving irons 290 yards!!!!)

Thanks for the correction sir!

th e epon i found too thick and chunky to play any kind of shape shot with regularity.

the srixon z ute , was better but i found it a bit long and ver ythick like a huge 3 iron. i liked this a lot more than the epon and found it lots easier to hit saped shots. but it was just to long

the fourteen is somewhere in between smaller compact head like the epon but not as blocky. so i can hit a few more shots consistantly.

out of the rough i think the epon was best , from the fairway the srixon def. but all round i like the foruteeen.

just get a nice shaft in it!

well i used the purple one agian on sat at the range.

i readjusted my thoughts from toilet to adequate , if u cant be asssssed messing baout with shafts then it will do.

just

if u can then im thinking a nice NS sp blue which is hte one i have in oz anyway suits well.

or

the modus 3 3 iron shaft migh be the tonic...

thast the way in kinda going but i have to put a proto in it and it will be a 2fis as its high and dead striaght for the most.

want this baby to fall on its target no real roll thanks its the 4 so thats prob 22-23* id think(?) its perfect for 200+- shots, perfect

thanks Stew.

the 3rd 'long club' in my bag is the one I can never get 100% right. I was always a 2-P guy, but im too old to hit 2 irons (other than off the tee) these days, plus, looking at my old MP-29 2-iron is flat out frightening!

I completely suck with hybrids, dunno why, I just cant hit them. 5 wood is ok, but not as versatile as i would like and too high, especially for Perth winds! I'm a good long iron player (good for a chopper) and quite like my 901 22* which is my 210m club but want something a little cleaner off the fairway.

this fourteen looks great, I think I'll get the 19* to try, just need to work out what shaft.

im gamine 2 and 3 irons agn now. but this is totally differnt stlye so much higher and shorter than a 3 iron and tisfalls dead. im really liking it, idontthink ti feels as good as the srixon or the epon but in between it just works for me.. esp. with a steel shaft

I love driving irons! Srixon Z-UTi goes down as my current favorite. The fourteens are awesome as well Its too bad more companies don't satisfy the DI crowd.

The older PRGR driving irons (220i, 040i) are also very solid indeed. Have played with steel and heavy graphite and they are very sensible replacements for long irons.

ive stil lgot a 6 iron for mthe egg iron series for ma cpl of yrs back wit ha ns 950 s in it really wide flange but ultra thin face , a differnt style of club goes really high and drops out of the sky 195-195 dead smack on the nose.. thats another laternate that i found works very well, really really high

Chris, can the 610 be ordered with a super peening blue?

No you would have to do that aftermarket.

Or we can custom build it for you.

ok the new build is going to be the modus tx 3 iron 120 shaft in x.

as we discussed the fact that the ns sp blue was 126 gram shaft and although its tough to hit in feel, it performs brillinatly,

un wind affected and although its quite heavy it didnt seem to affect my play what so ever .

it was INFINITLY better feleing to play than the srizon uti with DG tour issue, that was rancid! and its not the srixon head, bec i just bought a 2-3-4 in those as well18* 20* 23* with ns 950 s steel. for those

just in case... days

will be ready for play sat, ill post my thoughts on sund.

Got a Rombax 100HBx in my #4 DI - absolutely love it. Perfect blend with my satin PX steel iron shafts.

Nippon 950x in 5 wood, Ilima 80x in 3 wood, 75g shaft in driver.....sensible weight changes thru bag?

I have two different Srixon DIs. I have the newer one, the Z-UTi in 2 iron and with a Nippon 950 and its very easy to hit. I also have the older version, the ZR UTi, also in 2 iron form, with the original graphite shaft. Currently the ZR is in bag, the original srixon shaft is actually ver good, 77 grams and the club is extremely easy and surprisingly long. That goes for boh of these. The Z-UTi is still almost unused, shockingly enough, even though it is really good. I have been toying with the idea of swapping out the Nippon 950 with a hybrid graphite shaft.