fourteen hi610 driving iron 4

supo

We tested the Z-UTi vs Hi610 T.S hands down to the Z-UTi for performance and looking down at it. This is me average player and 2 0 hcp'ers. It was in easy agreement.

But in the end a lot depends on how your eye feels about the two clubs.

How many yards are you all hitting this club

driver - 260m

3w - 220-230m

5w - 200-210m

4i - 180-190m

5i - 170m

Got a Rombax 100HBx in my #4 DI - absolutely love it. Perfect blend with my satin PX steel iron shafts.

Nippon 950x in 5 wood, Ilima 80x in 3 wood, 75g shaft in driver.....sensible weight changes thru bag?

I think that is a terrible bag setup Darren. I think you should sell the lot, especially the yamaha FW's! :tsg_smilie_smile2:

I think that is a terrible bag setup Darren. I think you should sell the lot, especially the yamaha FW's! :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Pete, like you mate....don't change unless I find better......(always looking for better though)!

Hitting the fourteen modus tx x flex as im typing

its low!!!!!

The ni4 ute its22' i think

its tight like a tiger and flight is boringabout to hit the srizon zuti ns 950

report in a jiffy

Nowhere near as tight much much looser dispersion a lot lighterand softer and a lot longer blade to look at

flight is high and drops nicely on target

moveability not so good to try error rate noticeably higher than the fourteen

fourteen easier to hit

but the feel i the srixon is priceless

going inagn another 10 each

Cant split em love them both

srizon softer to hit fourteen looks better at address

middled e erything just then perfect shots

fourteen was way tighter like the modus shaft a lot more much heavier and much tighter

lower flight by a way

srixon3 utr was beautiful

found a driving iron for hawaii!!!!

Yamaha 5 wood with Nippon 950x steel shaft is my "magic club" - hi, low, fade, draw - so sweet feeling. That's one club I would regret selling!

ooooooooooooooooooor righty then

weekend with 3 utilities 3-4 srixon uti--ns 950 s

4 fourteen hi610 modus 3 tx

all of them are fantastic, really really good clubs

they play very differntly the shape is nothnng alike and feel is very differnt,.

the srixon uti 3 DI i was using instead of fairway woods this weekend , just too see if they are viable repalcements.

i was getting the ball to about 220-.230 off the deck it was easier and more consistant than a fairway so yea, they definatly could be on shorter tracks !

swing weight on these make a hell of a differnce the modus shafted fourteen is very heavy and punchy even for a 22* head

the flight was lower. much lower than the srixon and a lot more solid.

in the wind this club ( fourteen h610 ) is magic

i was hittng it bang on 200 yards in to a slight wind with a small very controlled cut , , THE perfect shot for hitting utes i nto par 3s

the ball was hitting check and stopping on a dime, this club is awsome i thought the weight would drive the ball too low and too far , but not at all it was dead set on the mark. i hit a few fairway shotsw with a draw shape, and once agn the tiniest shape, got it to roll a bit and it still was low.

the 14 i think tho is def not as pure and clean feeling as the srizon but easier to manouvere and better out of deep rough ,MUCH MUCH better out of the rough i think it cud use a slightly flexier shaft but id be more incelind to go a less lofted ute with lighter shaft option.

better one???

cant say which is better they arnt alike and the 3 isnt as long as to replace a 5-4-3- wood .

but it is relaible enough to use on very tricky holes in stead of a 3 iron or 4 iron

its much easier to hit

2 thumbs up for both.. id suggest the modus 3 shaft most definatly, maybe just a slight bit lighter and softer than the TX X flex

and the srixon is perfect as is with the ns 950 s wont be changing this

Edited by supo67

• 8 months later...

Just picked up a Hi610 T.S. @ 24* (4h) and it currently has a SPB S-Flex in it playing at 38.25" (4-iron) length. My current TC930 4-iron is the same length but has a lighter Project X PXi 6.0 in it so we'll see how it goes. My intention is to find a 3-iron replacment (215 carry) club and in the past I've tried many wood-shaped hybrids anywhere from 19 to 22 degrees and it just carries too far with too much roll. So my idea is that a driving iron would not be has hot faced and would land softer, roll less, and if I have a 24* driving iron at 3-iron length it might just be the perfect 3-iron replacement...

just based on a couple swings at home the SPB S is a bit heavier so if it plays too differently and carry too short i'll just reshaft with PXi 6.0 at the 3-iron length...

Edited by neova

I love the compact DI's. I'm currently gaming up to a 3 iron, but considering adding some to the mix. Fourteen is good but I looove how the Srixons look. I like compact heads that play closer to irons than woods. But the Fourteens with a Modus sounds good... lower trajectory.. me like..:)

I love the compact DI's. I'm currently gaming up to a 3 iron, but considering adding some to the mix. Fourteen is good but I looove how the Srixons look. I like compact heads that play closer to irons than woods. But the Fourteens with a Modus sounds good... lower trajectory.. me like..:)

tats have you tried the new srix 2012 model? looks a lot cleaner than the 2011

I replaced my Srixon Pro 100 3i and 4i with a 21* hybrid. Didn't like it, so as a compromise I've replaced it with a Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3i and 4i - the driving iron equivelant of the MP60 irons. I think they look great. Not much bigger than the MP60's, but a lot smaller than a hybrid. Only time will tell if I've made the right decision.