Which JDM driver shaft brand/ type has lowest "heavier" balance point?

daamartin

A lot of heads these days are ~197-198g and when you put your 70-75g shaft in at 45", it is a struggle to get to a swing weight out of the "C" range and into the "D" range (even with tip weights!).

Are there any JDM high-end shafts that are well known for having a heavier low balance point? eg do Graphite Design shafts typically give you a higher swingweight (all else being equal) than Crazy or Quadra?

I know it's not that simple, but just thought someone else probably has been through this before!!!

Thanks

daaren i go thru it every week with my clubbuilder.

he wont put certian shafts i nheads bec they all come out at c9 ish.

and the flex point in the shaft makes the head feel super light thru the swing, ie' i just pulled the solid contaccs--crazy sigma shaft bec it was loosing so much distance as a lofted head nad high alucnh shaft i was gettng far to much baloon launch, so a BB shaft is going in it he thinks ill pick up 15+ yards just with the change.

and he also said to put the sigma i nthe crazy j beam 435 like the guys at crazy factory said, play it at 44 inch.

he said maybe my longest driver.. ganbatta ne!

if both said that then i gotta do it.

i havent got enoug language skills to get al lthe info he tells me, but iget the general jist.

GD work in everything so far hes never said change one of those, he alay teling me to change the stinger and crazies tho.

he wont put a stinger in the 435 and he wont put the cb80 ls noir in the maruman conductor he said the combos dont work.

they aint overly heavy but as he builds 50 = clubs a day.. i m guessing he knows what the fkkk hes talking about.

if i really want a certian build then hell change the head with gel, nothing hes made has been a dud yet, if u want a cetian combo build ask me and i ll ask him

Thanks Stew, your "C9" story strikes a chord here!

Would really appreciate his wise thoughts on best head-shaft combos for FEX Proto (75)s and Crazy Boron (69g)sx shafts

As far as heads, I have a Ryoma Vspec 10.5* (197g), a JBeam 425 Tour 10.5* (198-205g options) and an older PRGR GN502 tour (silver one, not red one) 10.5* (198g).

Am also prepared to embrace the ugly look of lead tape if I must.....I just want results and fairways hit stats improved!!!!

Hey Darren, i just took apart the Maruman conductors and i have to say, your clubmaker does excellent work, very very very nice......everything is supertight and on the money !!!! i felt really bad disassembling his work !

I liked those heads, but a bit too much bounce on our firm fairways.

The 1150x were also becoming a bit too much shaft now I'm getting older.....

haha...i feel you there man.....i too am getting up there in years and although i can swing them....definitely not more than once a week.....i play the whippy stuff right now after a bout with tendonitis in the elbow from too much heavy lifting