Jbeam 425/diamana x

pk923

Boy, what a perfect combo : )

A little background of my swing

Swing speed: 100-103

Transition: real slow

Style: swinger

Current carry: 250-260 (ryoma v spec/wyvern)

Bad shot: hook

Finding

Strenth:

1. The closest thing to an anti left go-to club

2. Feel, well...... better than most!

3. Love the flight of this thing ; ) boring? Yeah that's the word I think.

4. Ease of use. Contrary to my initial impression, this club is not difficult to hit at all. U don't need to be super fast to enjoy this.

Weakness

1. Cant rival ryoma in terms of forgiveness. This is why I'm ordering special tuning also! T, if u r reading this, reply the mail man! Must be busy : )

thanks mate ; )

It's really the head that does the magic in your combo. We can't pry the JBeam 425 Tour from Tatsuro's hands. We have tried it with Crazy, Muzzik, Basileus, Quadra over the last 10 months and It doesn't matter to much the result is similar. super low spin rates, very straight and accurate. The shafts changed dispersion and consistency but thats about it.

We even had guys who only play 8.5* drivers get the same trajectory as JBEAM 425 in 10* yet with better spin rates.

@ Chris , Jbeam is indeed a great head. Nice review on this by the way, you got me when u said this was one of the best feeling head u ever tried. However, this shaft seems to work well for me. Got the idea from reading one of Supo post about his 435 and stinger proto. Despite not being a fast swinger, I couldn't reisist the urge for some experimenting : ) Initially I tried cb 46 with this head, seem to get more distance with diamana x. From what I read here, high modulus carbon major benefit seem to be consistency, better timing, and feel. Don't know why i gain more distance, maybe it's diamana, seem to hit well with most of their model especially this one : ) will give the crazy another try though (royal deco/ special tuning 10.5)

@ Jlee, Special tuning and the new kamui fw will keep him busy : )

Thanks! Yea Tatsuro settled in on the Muzzik 787 Speeder in Stiff where as he is usually a White Board X kinda guy. He's hit the Diamana X but it was in a higher spinning AF-151 head which is not a good match for him.

still trying to find a home for my diamana x. Tried it on my Ryoma vspec, was ok but cant beat ryoma/ crazy cb46 combo. I then tried the d-x on epon af102, 8.5 deg, felt like it was spinning too high. I have a ss of 105-110mph, fast & agg swinger.

could the jbeam be the answer ??? any other head pairing for the d-x ?

still trying to find a home for my diamana x. Tried it on my Ryoma vspec, was ok but cant beat ryoma/ crazy cb46 combo. I then tried the d-x on epon af102, 8.5 deg, felt like it was spinning too high. I have a ss of 105-110mph, fast & agg swinger.

could the jbeam be the answer ??? any other head pairing for the d-x ?

So diamana x is a quiet high spin shaft? Thought epon af102 is a low spin head, specially in 8.5?

Great combo! I love the jBeam head, great feel and low spin. I love how i can work the ball easily even with the really low spin. The Diamana X sounds like a great shaft choice. Hmm. maybe I need a few rounds with your same combo. I was really surprised at how the spin can stay down in the 10* jBeam head. I has a few of my friends with similar golf games and they were really surprised since most were playing 8-9* heads with x flex shafts. Now jBeam has a few more fans. lol

My Jbeam is 10.5!! And this combo did not balloon at all. What surprised me most was how forgiving this head is. Maybe it's 10.5 degree, not sure : ) don't have enough power for 9.5 anyway, never want to go there : D

So diamana x is a quiet high spin shaft? Thought epon af102 is a low spin head, specially in 8.5?

Got me perplexed - the diamana x/ epon af102 8.5 launches higher than my crazy cb46/ ryoma 9.5 combo. Mybe its just not the right partner