new EPON BLADES coming - June 23 release 500 sets pic inside

ok.. lets see. well i took 11 seven irons with me with all differnt shafts protos, stokc ns, dgs, kbs.

and i was lucky enough to hit the new personals with modus 3 120 s

so how do they go..., well they were too flat lie but after a lot of time igot them wired nicely.

at address the new personals were "flared" in looks in the 8-9-pw.compact , and chunkier in the 3-7, they look very good.

they have bigger open looking faces made to look to frame the ball beautifully in the 8-9-pw and they are NOT super dynamic not even close hell knows i had plenty of those blades out there tonight that are, these are NOT those kinda sticks, they are easy peasy blades simlar to the af tours. the 8-9-pw are vey reminiscent to the 302 to me .

they def have some offf set. not a lot , but they are not razors, scimitars or swords. they are friendly fire made to make stiking a blade a pleasure not an impossible chore i got good height with the modus, which i i think suit beautifully. nice high ball flight that drops. the 3 irons i was getting good height and a good amonut of roll, nice flight , def higher than id normall hit , but movement both ways a cinch. tells me the shaft was too soft. but so lovely to hit!

thoroughly recomended match IMO.

against the af tours ithink the af tours were easier to hit seems a bit more face overall and a bit more elongated. not much, but a wee bit.

id game these things in a heat beat, theres nother bette feeling than epon. the miura cb3002 came ver yclose but they are a huge cavity

these i dont htink id cal ldynamic blades, they are easy to play mthe feel incredible and look terrific.

il sleep on the out come vs the miura 5002s and tourstage 905

theres a 3 ver ydiffenrt blade style here i assure you

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw these bad boys. Too much offset so I went for a set of AF Tours instead. At address the AF tours look so much cleaner.

I now have a new problem. My current gamer is the titleist 712 mb with modus 3 reg. I bent the MBs to match the lofts of the 302 which I played previously. The Mbs have reasonable bounce so the deloft did not affect playability. Had my first 78 in less than 10 rounds with the titleist...

I picked up the AF tours and put V90s cuz I now wanted to game a premium Japanese blade.

Questions:

1. Would making the AF tour's loft similar to the 302s lead to negative bounce? Unlike the 712 mb the bounce is quite low on the AF tour? Is it a good trade off? I have a steep angle of attack. Any testimonies on like for like distance between the AF tours vs 302 on their natural lofts?

2. A common belief I have is blades only work well with heavy shafts. Did I make a wrong move on the V90? A bit premature but haven't had time to test on the range due to birth of my 2nd boy (subconscious excuse for choosing the smooth swinging V90 flex R). Anyone here have positive experience with blades on lightweight steel?

I should get these answers on the range but time is a luxury I can't afford now.

Appreciate, K

Really more offset than the aft tour? I have it the other way around.hope others can chime in.

As for the lofts, I'm curious as well as I also previously gamed the 302s and after my first round

I am 1 club weak most especially in short irons.

I dabbled with the idea of bending my lofts 1deg strong but have the same questions as you.

the specs that were posted claimed that the personals did in fact have LESS offset than the af-tours. if i get these i'm planning on bending one degree stronger. i don't think i'd have any issues losing 1* of bounce after playing yururi flatbacks...those babies are like razor blades against the turf!!

IF

I was going to bend a club stronger (or weaker) I would bend

ONE club and go play at the range or on the course with it under

similar conditions that you would normally play.

Personally..... I'd worry more about them being bent correctly. Changing

lofts correctly is more difficult to get correct than bending lies.

That is correct, the AF-Tour has more offset but to the naked eye its probably not noticeable as its a difference of .1mm. (ie 2.9mm of offset in the Personal 5i and 3.0mm in the AF-Tour 5i down to 1.9mm in the Personal PW and 2.0mm in the AF-Tour PW)

Offset specs aside, the visual design of any iron can influence how the eye perceives offset.

I think the fact that the AF-Tour is longer from heel to toe may give the appearance of less offset though it technically has more than the Personal/

i gamed my af tours today, first time in eons, wet grass on lush greens grass fairways.

todays divots taken were close to 6 meters long,

u get the idea

cud not hit them better

they are peerless on this turf

the DP s shafts were perfect. abolutely perfect.

moving them will nilly in no wind.

wet greens the ball didnt roll, it was close to perfect scoring conditions as u can get.

the differnce in feel of these to everything else i have was noticeable.

or rather, u cant feel the ball on the face

forgot how good they are

from now on, wil be hard to get these out of bag till autumn

sensational irons