new EPON BLADES coming - June 23 release 500 sets pic inside

as mentioned they definitely look like an evolution of a hogan blade. i wonder if they'll be any smaller than the af-tours? either way, i'd love to try them!

they are thinner soled compared to the aftours. thats all i can say for now

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they are thinner soled compared to the aftours. thats all i can say for now

so you have info and you're holding out on us!! that's wrong in so many ways!!!! :tsg_smiley_cop:

WOW!!!

• 2 weeks later...

it's like the new e class benz...i don't think i like it but i have a feeling it will grow on me.

Doc mike, you hit the nail in the head! so true. its actually like the CLS with strange lines.

but after looking at it it grows with you indeed. clean lines without any words and just the logo.

still debating if i will get a set.

Hmmm,

Still think the ' naked' (logo only) looks better on these....

AFtour_nakedchrome.jpg

Edited by coops1967

dunno why you guys dont like it, looks like a very good looking blade to me. its a ripoff of Hogan's blade on blade design like mentioned before and even the name a ripoff of another Hogan model name tho that one had a different design although limited run model too. in fact 99 Hogan Apex was made by Endo in Japan, not designed by Endo tho. i think its great. pricey for a set of blades but presumably its a limited run model if you value such things.

I've looked... And I've looked, and nope , not my bag!

Not keen on the CLS either!.... Call my old fashioned but I like the AF Tours and my CLK!..;)

dunno why you guys dont like it, looks like a very good looking blade to me. its a ripoff of Hogan's blade on blade design like mentioned before and even the name a ripoff of another Hogan model name tho that one had a different design although limited run model too. in fact 99 Hogan Apex was made by Endo in Japan, not designed by Endo tho. i think its great. pricey for a set of blades but presumably its a limited run model if you value such things.

I actually like them. I'm sure they are prettier in person. There must

Be a reason for the design. Thinking

what blade on blade design does is it allows the cg to be moved slightly lower and towards the heel. another reason for doing it would be if you happen to have a very long, heel to toe, blade it can bring back the cg that is now shifted too far away from the heel because of blade length. no idea why epon did it on this particular model. without knowing exact parameters that only club designers know it might be very deceveing to judge it by the looks only. there could be a very good design reason for that shape eg like reasons described above or it could be as simple as form over function thing where the shape was designed first and approved and then tech designers had to make it happen.

I actually like them. I'm sure they are prettier in person. There must

Be a reason for the design. Thinking

I really like these and equally to the AF-Tours.

I'm assuming they are a more traditional blade shape designed to promote a perfectly placed CG.

The design on the back of the club head must have some meaning performance-wise. They will probably look great in person. I like the clean unfussy look of these.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!

Where is that shop?

I like the look.

If I had those I will

Sand the glittery metal and make it

All satin!

Edited by Spoon

Could be Epons Shop in Japan??

its a store called reflex g or reflex golf and sports. guy has all the best brands, crazy, quadra, epon, etc.

That's a mighty fine Shop!!

I am very excited about the new Epon line up. Can't wait to test them as they are supposed to be amazing equipment with a little more to it than the last line ups. I'm assuming Epon will impress us again.

I am very excited about the new Epon line up. Can't wait to test them as they are supposed to be amazing equipment with a little more to it than the last line ups. I'm assuming Epon will impress us again.

Tell me about it ! I have to say the actual

Pics look better from the front view pics they had on announcement

Any one know the head size compair to Miura blade?