new EPON BLADES coming - June 23 release 500 sets pic inside

looked at an old pic,

T's pics from that angle makes the muscle look chunky but when looked

from the sole angle its very narrow. its narrower than the aftour and is

confirmed to be smaller than the aftour.

must be super compact. cant quite picture it yet.

post-10550-0-67594200-1340780236.jpg

Edited by Spoon

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is super compact, much smaller than the AF-tour but has forgiving aspects. A chunky muscle is fine as it means purer feel but the sole and top line are thin.

Blog will be up tonight with lots of pics.

jee thats going to feel so so soft with hat big old muscleback.

just not inspired by the designlooks

ican picture how it will go in my head tho.

butter....,

Edited by supo67

i like that you guys keep saying the new blade is more compact but besides a thinner top line (which i prefer) this pic doesn't seem to express a noticeable size difference...

with af-tour(left)

post-14826-0-23232600-1340464337.jpg

It is definitely small. The length of the face area is barely wider than a ball.

post-8383-0-90688700-1340788959.jpg

Wow ... Talk about needing to be on your Game!

I should mention blog is up and has more pics:

http://www.golftoimp...ed-muscle-back/

i like what i'm reading so far...and i'm glad to hear there's less offset than the af-tours. i'd love to see side-by-side pics between these and other compact blades.

They are available for order right now.

I have the iron right here and will snap pics this afternoon.

How do I order? They are not listed in the Pro Shop. Price? Lastly, how do they compare to the Crazy Shafts blades in terms of quality, forgiveness and feel?

They are in the ProShop! Epon is almost sold out worldwide. Hows that for fast!!!

I've got mine bent flat with KBS Tour Stiffs installed. They are expensive @ 2400 US but IMO worth it. It's not often something this clean and perfect comes out.

http://www.tourspecg...mited-Blade-3PW

personal-large.jpg

Anyone hit em as of yet? I can only hope they play as well as they look...a bit nervous about clubs that look prettier than they play ala my experience with the Zero driver

Mines arrive this weekend but I will be in Texas.

Anyone hit em as of yet? I can only hope they play as well as they look...a bit nervous about clubs that look prettier than they play ala my experience with the Zero driver

Speaking of the ZERO, It's actually not that bad. I took it out and my playing partner had the old US Spec 300 Tour by TM. We spent 18 holes comparing the two and the ZERO was more forgiving with less spin. I guess we are getting spoiled with uber forgiving clubs now days. I slapped in a DJ6 and although it's not long like my Ryoma its a fairway finder and has actually helped hone in my accuracy.

Mines arrive this weekend but I will be in Texas.

Speaking of the ZERO, It's actually not that bad. I took it out and my playing partner had the old US Spec 300 Tour by TM. We spent 18 holes comparing the two and the ZERO was more forgiving with less spin. I guess we are getting spoiled with uber forgiving clubs now days. I slapped in a DJ6 and although it's not long like my Ryoma its a fairway finder and has actually helped hone in my accuracy.

Probably true on the ZERO. In my case only one shaft available for me to hit that day (had just come out) and not a shaft that was kind to me in the zero combination:)

Ok my dad has hit them, he tried em with nspro 850, 750 no go!

Forgiveness wasn't the issue he just could not elevate them.

He's lost massive swingspeed in the last two years. Lost 2 clubs.

With weaker lofts and less ability to compress he wasn't getting the

Height he's used to. Will reshaft his 6,7 I with quadra 6501 which is a 70ish

Gram graph shaft. If that does not work it's off to the FS section

Ok my dad has hit them, he tried em with nspro 850, 750 no go!

Forgiveness wasn't the issue he just could not elevate them.

He's lost massive swingspeed in the last two years. Lost 2 clubs.

With weaker lofts and less ability to compress he wasn't getting the

Height he's used to. Will reshaft his 6,7 I with quadra 6501 which is a 70ish

Gram graph shaft. If that does not work it's off to the FS section

hmm......

Spoon,

Does it mean this new blade goes not well with Nippon 850 & 750? Have you tried it? What's your or your dad's comment for this club? especially compare wiht the other club you have used?

I have never had a chance to try Epon in the past, but i am think of having a Epon set. Due to its high price, if there is any information you can share with us, it will be appreciated.

Thanks for your information in advance,

DCCH

Spoon,

Does it mean this new blade goes not well with Nippon 850 & 750? Have you tried it? What's your or your dad's comment for this club? especially compare wiht the other club you have used?

I have never had a chance to try Epon in the past, but i am think of having a Epon set. Due to its high price, if there is any information you can share with us, it will be appreciated.

Thanks for your information in advance,

DCCH

my dad is around a 6cap last check but now probably higher. his ball striking has always been

good and hes a very good iron player. the problem with the 850s and 750s is that he was not

able to compress the ball and get height. finds the shafts especially 850 on the stiff side.

his main gamers are 502s with quadra 6501 shafts. he actually liked the blades (gamed aftours 3 years ago)

just not for his game anymore

Was kinda luke-warm towards these when the pics first surfaced, but after looking at the new pics in the thread and on the blog, I've completely switched. They are stunning!!!

if your ever

gotta get my hands on one.

if your ever in the roppongi area, contact my bro. you can try his set.

SP/orange/blue combo in S.