epon zen

vertigo88

driver can be justified because there is actually some technology to get you better ball speed, better launch and spin parameters etc and make it all more forgiving so you understand practical reasons of spending on specific head/shaft combo. there is none of that in a putter. it does look nice tho, very clean, no aiming lines or graphics, looks like one piece construction with no insert. i would be a customer if they put reasonable price on it but if i spend that much on a putter i'm gonna feel real bad about myself.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyways, its not the arrow, its the indian. why spend double the money and get two sticks when you only really need one. somebody asked on another thread earlier on for epon to make a low lofted driver, well, i think they just did if you can do this

I would pay decent money for a putter if someone could give me more assurance that I would make X more putts, similar to being able to be shown on a Trakman that I'm gaining X more yards with my driver. Obviously not going to happen.

The closest I've come to something like this is the putter fitting I did that clearly showed me how off my alignment with my current putter was and how they could correct that with a whole series of tweaks ala alignment aids on putter head, shape of head, neck, weighting of putter, grip, etc.

Important to note that in the case of a custom putter fitting they do fix the arrow, not the Indian, meaning a few tweaks of my gear with the same stoke produces different/better results and I could see the proof of that. Now the real proof will be in the puddin when I take the putter out in the next couple weeks.

Those ryu-zen putter are really nice though : )

310 with a putter huh why this guy aint on the tour??????????????????????

and winning evertyhing!

now 1000 bucks aint expensive ive just found out yetsrday ,bec i if id forgotten my putter i had the option to buy this baby................

1,480,000/ 78 =

yup im flabbergasted!

Nice, that a scotty circle T 009 ? Nice stamps !!

are you talking about edel putters ? they are expensive as well but at least you know what you pay for as they are custom fit to you.

Yup, Edel fitting process and putters. I'm not a huge fan of how the putters look, but the fitting process is way beyond SAM or anything else I've experienced to date. I consider myself a decent putter, but the process basically said "hey fool, you are WAAY off your aim point" and rather than saying you need to change your swing, stance, tempo, optics or anything else, they simply change your equipment to fit your unique putting style. I went from being 4" right with my putter to being dead on just about every time with the new Edel setup.

Putter arrives this week from Dave Edel, so will put it into play and see how it rolls the rock. Going to be tough to beat my old putter out of the bag based on the fact that I felt like freakin Spencer Levin this weekend and dropped just about everything I looked at! Lost my member/member tournament, but putting not to blame.

i think he said in one of the interviews he was thinking about giving it a try on tour. problem is long drive is whole different gig from playing of course and people bombing it that far have to have an exceptional short game to make it as they cant exactly land all those bombs on a towel same way every time so they either have to dial it down for distance control and accuracy or get real creative with wedges and putter and scramble away. and yeah scotty putters is probably the biggest scam that ever existed in golf ;) likely collectors driven, its whole different value to them than to somebody who just wanna use that putter to do what it was supposed to be designed to do in the first place ie to roll a golf ball.

310 with a putter huh why this guy aint on the tour??????????????????????

and winning evertyhing!

now 1000 bucks aint expensive ive just found out yetsrday ,bec i if id forgotten my putter i had the option to buy this baby................

1,480,000/ 78 =

yup im flabbergasted!

do they allow you to choose specific head shape or its also part of fitting process and they tell you which shape fits your stroke best ?

Yup, Edel fitting process and putters. I'm not a huge fan of how the putters look, but the fitting process is way beyond SAM or anything else I've experienced to date. I consider myself a decent putter, but the process basically said "hey fool, you are WAAY off your aim point" and rather than saying you need to change your swing, stance, tempo, optics or anything else, they simply change your equipment to fit your unique putting style. I went from being 4" right with my putter to being dead on just about every time with the new Edel setup.

Putter arrives this week from Dave Edel, so will put it into play and see how it rolls the rock. Going to be tough to beat my old putter out of the bag based on the fact that I felt like freakin Spencer Levin this weekend and dropped just about everything I looked at! Lost my member/member tournament, but putting not to blame.

do they allow you to choose specific head shape or its also part of fitting process and they tell you which shape fits your stroke best ?

They basically switch you in and out of a bunch of different heads to see which fits you best. Same for neck, loft, alignment aids, grip, weight, etc. I would never have picked out what the fitter fitted me for on my own, but when I saw the results I somehow forgot about aesthetics. As I've said before, I don't think Edel putters will ever win any design awards, but the tool really fits the job at hand.

Sidebar: I also think the whole Scotty thing is a marketing scam. Like cabbage patch dolls for adults. I've tried just about everything Scotty makes and never feels right

I've got a grand total of one obscenely expensive Epon golf club, but it's the best club I own.

Whatever this thing costs, I'm personally in no position to say that it isn't worth it. My driving iron hits like a Weatherby Magnum.

• 2 weeks later...

received my zen. will snap pics tonite.

let me say that i have always loved blades

and have been using one of the variants (Tad moore) for

2 years now, my impressions of the epon out of the box

amazing roll, soft yet firmer than BB2, RAZOR.

love the shaft offset and the hammered DLC look at address.

so easy to set up and address.

for blade fans you have to have one. updates soon.

How's the feel compared to the i33? That was a good putter that I probably shouldn't have let go.

Hard to compare the i33 was anser style and this a blade.

The head of the zen is much lighter, significant if I may ad.

Zen feels more soft compared to the i33 but this could be bec

Of the materials used.

I33 was sus303 while zen is DLCd carbon steel. The zen also has

A sort of it's version of premium zone milling or special face which reminds

Me of bettinardis fit face.

This is the first blade ivevtried with a full shaft offset. I like it.

here are some pics . note the hammered look of the head.

also toe hang is exactly at 6ocklock position. shaft offset=1

took a pic compared to my gamer Tad moore heavy Beegjay.

zen putter at the right. Heavy DLC like coating.

No logo on sole except for the neck. sole is rounded on the edges.

sort of has a trailing leading edge(rounded on both sides) i guess

its purpose is to not get snagged or caught in the turf especially when

putting outside the green.

post-10550-0-07209100-1340422507.jpg

post-10550-0-12539800-1340422537.jpg

post-10550-0-36359700-1340422555.jpg

post-10550-0-48787900-1340422626.jpg

post-10550-0-12832700-1340422641.jpg

post-10550-0-68686000-1340422748.jpg

post-10550-0-02953000-1340422763.jpg

post-10550-0-31096500-1340422779.jpg

post-10550-0-69756500-1340422796.jpg

I hope this post makes it thru...

I've drooled to the point of shorti ng o u t..

th e ke y b oa rd.

A beauty, really. Guess there are no more excusses for not finding the dark spot!

My....my...my that's one sick looking putter !! Love the face milling and the way the neck seem to flow with the whole head.

300 pieces for Japan and worldwide.

We only have 8 and thats it.

If you want one please send me an email but be warned, they are quite costly.

Epon's price is 84,000 yen (which translates to about 1075.00)