someone get it!

I know you want it, Stew.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope got it..,

the only missing putter piece i can smell i nthe future is the scotty buttonback.

id love a cataliana but its to light so the newport 2 is my huckelberry

then im retired..........,

played 3 rounds with my zen. for something that looks so old fashioned and rustic,

it certainly has a lot of tech going into it. soft yet not mushy. a little more overcooked

than al dente! il never let go of mine.

although i have my usual flight harassing me for my backup zen. ive already put my putter

bag inside my closet and keep it locked. it would take some serious trade bait to get me to

part with it

played 3 rounds with my zen. for something that looks so old fashioned and rustic,

it certainly has a lot of tech going into it. soft yet not mushy. a little more overcooked

than al dente! il never let go of mine.

although i have my usual flight harassing me for my backup zen. ive already put my putter

bag inside my closet and keep it locked. it would take some serious trade bait to get me to

part with it

I wonder if I have the key to your closet. Maybe we should talk... ;)

well...my dad just sent me a little something he picked up on his trip. i've already stated that the zen is the best looking putter i've ever seen...but now i can say it's the best feeling putter as well. i have the yamada shogun in burning copper and it is pretty impressive. i didn't think there could be another league above yamada but i will admit if there wasn't one before, there is now. the softest putter i've ever rolled is a custom kevin burns with his pyramid grooves...but because the grooves make the 303 stainless steel feel so soft, they also deaden the feedback and the ball is less responsive off the face. you have to swing harder because of this. the zen is as soft as the burns but with all the feel, feedback, and ball response. i'm not sure how or why this putter seems to get the ball rotating forward so quickly and smoothly compared to others but it does. maybe it's all because i'm in the honeymoon phase but the zen is truly incredible regardless.

my only disappointment is the grip...epon should have done something special to match the rest of the package...but at least that's an easy fix.

Edited by chiromikey

well...my dad just sent me a little something he picked up on his trip. i've already stated that the zen is the best looking putter i've ever seen...but now i can say it's the best feeling putter as well. i have the yamada shogun in burning copper and it is pretty impressive. i didn't think there could be another league above yamada but i will admit if there wasn't one before, there is now. the softest putter i've ever rolled is a custom kevin burns with his pyramid grooves...but because the grooves make the 303 stainless steel feel so soft, they also deaden the feedback and the ball is less responsive off the face. you have to swing harder because of this. the zen is as soft as the burns but with all the feel, feedback, and ball response. i'm not sure how or why this putter seems to get the ball rotating forward so quickly and smoothly compared to others but it does. maybe it's all because i'm in the honeymoon phase but the zen is truly incredible regardless.

my only disappointment is the grip...epon should have done something special to match the rest of the package...but at least that's an easy fix.

piccys please. what grip are you putting?

i'll post some pics once her regripped. i picked out a steel blue gripmaster that should be here saturday.

yup agreed, with yr thoughts completely .

i took the stock grip off and put an iomic absolute in blue, very nice.

ive got the yamada razor in burning copper and that was my fav blade putter by a country mile.

til this one...,

id like the scotty nappa to make the grouping complete, but it aint gonna be better than this .

Anyone using the Golds Factory sword oil or other protectant on their Zen?

The biggest need for a good wipe down and something like the sword oil is because of

FERTILIZER. Some of the stuff they use will eat a Putter (regardless of finish) far worse and much

faster than rust. Problem is you don't know or realize it's even on there............

Anyone using the Golds Factory sword oil or other protectant on their Zen?

I used Gold Factory Sword Oil on all my putters and my Yururi Raw Flatback... better safe than sorry, I guess. However before I went all JDM craze... I simply use WD40 to spray and wipe down my putters lol but sword oil smell so much nicer :tsg_smiley_sun:

• 2 weeks later...

Zen arrived today and will hopefully use tomorrow, weather permitting… Placed an order for this stuff, hopefully it will work okay...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Institute-of-Asian-Arts/dp/B0061LS2SY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346790127&sr=8-2&keywords=sword+oil

i've been using even cheaper sword oil (hanwei i think) from amazon on my raw yururis and it works perfectly. just can't seem to justify the price of the good smelling stuff because getting caught carressing and talking to my golf clubs is weird enough, let alone smelling them.

Edited by chiromikey

Actually, I think this stuff is cheaper than the Hanwei… $10 for 7oz from the Asian Institue or 4oz of the Hanwei. The $3 Hanwei charges $12 for shipping...

gotta love the fine print...

i know prices may have changed but i got my hanwei for $2.99 per 4oz bottle (bought 5 bottles) and shipping was free from knifecenter.

i've been using even cheaper sword oil (hanwei i think) from amazon on my raw yururis and it works perfectly. just can't seem to justify the price of the good smelling stuff because getting caught carressing and talking to my golf clubs is weird enough, let alone smelling them.

hhahahah

just like me..

it smelss great!

If it's chrome plated, and you're worried about fertilizers or you've been practicing on the beach and got your clubs covered in salty water... than a rinse in tap water and dry with a hand towel will do just fine.

Mind you, how about Baby Oil... although i confess to liking the smell of WD-40

Edited by coops1967

Played 15 this morning before the water and light show started... This is the softest feeling putter I have ever rolled... Now just need to get distance in check... That face milling is incredible....

. ihave had about 10 games with it and oodles of time on the puttting green and the finish is 100% like brand new, not a mark on it anywhere.

i find my distance control with it is fantastic, but i dont find it overly soft. its so heavy at impact. its beautiful. its my fav now...

i take this every week, with a nanser stlye and something "weird" just in case my putting head isnt screwed on and i have to go deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and dark which happens to me on occasions. but this is hte one i tyr and use first every week.

its the nuts

totally agree. i orginally thought the zen would be to pretty to game...but the feel, distance control, weight...everything is sooo just right that it immediately went in my bag. i haven't touched my yamada since and actually thought about selling it yesterday!!!