finally getting my yururis dialed in!

chiromikey

well it's been a couple of months since i put together my yururis and i'm finally getting the feel of the swing weight and my yardages dialed in. i typically play d4 but these set up at d5 so it took me a little while to adjust. but now i'm convinced that these are some of the purest of the pure! the only club i've had trouble getting used to was my raw gukku 61* wedge. the leading edge was so sharp that it grabbed any strand of bermuda it could before contacting the ball. i finally had had enough and radiused the leading edge a bit and bingo...she works!!

unfortunately my kamui works ray with it's gd ad-di7 sat the day out and will probably hit the bst soon (for sale or trade) as it just doesn't work for me. it feels better than anything i've hit and goes farrrrr when i center it but i just can't find the consistency i need. my tried and tested ping i15 got called back up for duty and didn't let me down. seems weird since many say the i15 was one of the hardest and least forgiving of any recent ping drivers but it just flat out works for me. if anyone can recommend something jdm that sets up similar i'm ready!

so the yururis with kbs c-tapers will be staying in the bag for a while. i'm looking forward to gaining a little more consistency and comfort with them but the transition from my cobra s3 pros has gone well! i can't recommend these enough if you like the feeling of a pure muscle punishing a golf ball!!

anyways, here's how my memorial day morning went...

b36d8450.jpg

Well done.... looks like you're loving it.

i am loving them! i live and play most of my golf in the desert of arizona so we have extremely sandy/gritty sod under the turf and the black is starting to wear. the funny thing is that i'm loving them even more as they become worn. the true raw look is so utilitarian that i can't wait for the finish to completely wear off the face.

perfect stuff...

nice socrecard doc!

so, the kbs are a good match in these heads?

i have a set of KBS c-taper protos that im going to pull form a set of ernie ells callway quad dot forged heads that i just dont get on with, they are too chunky for me, and they are NOT chunkola . ilike small compact.

was thinking of agood match for them bec the shaft are so damn straight!

i cant move the pill 1 iota with these shafts.

i think these will end up in sydney but unsure about heads. was even thinking of putting them i n the copper af tours ????

i really thought about the nippon spb's for these heads but after trying the c-tapers last year in my cobra s3 pros i had a hard time justifying testing a new shaft. on paper these two shafts seem to be very similar so it came down to the fact that i already knew how well the c-tapers performed and felt that the satin almost unfinished look of the c-tapers would compliment the raw look of the yururi heads.

the c-tapers really cut down on spin. one hop and stop performance makes going after pins so much easier compared to the crazy backspin i'd get with px's or s300's...not to mention these shafts don't balloon in headwinds. even more impressive is the fact that they seem to cut down on side spin as well. i can still work the ball as needed but it's hard to unintentionally play more than a slight draw or fade. the reduced spin also cuts down on the affect of side winds. i don't have to compensate as much when playing winds that used to push my ball considerably off line. the quality control seems to be there as well. these clubs frequencied nearly identical to my cobras...that left me quite impressed!

i tend to have a high ball flight on normal shots but for me the c-tapers' ball flight isn't significantly lower than other shafts. however, it's trajectory is quite different. with most shafts my ball flight tends to start off low then rise to a high apex and fall off a shelf. with these the ball jumps off the face rising to it's apex quickly and arching through it's trajectory. because of the reduced spin and trajectory i did gain an average of about 8yds per club and the ball is so much easier to control when approaching greens.

to me they feel like a cross between the old rifle shafts and s300's. good feedback on mis**ts, crushingly pure on center strikes, but not as mushy as s300's. i think they do tend to play a half degree stiffer than most shafts. i typically play s flex but went with r+ in the c-tapers and they're perfect!!

if i don't sell my epon af-tours i may try the nippon spb's in those...just to try them. but at this time, i don't see anything better than these c-tapers for my swing.

Edited by chiromikey

i think these will end up in sydney but unsure about heads. was even thinking of putting them i n the copper af tours ????

NOOOOOOOOO. you have all the best protos. down downgrade. ofcourse people who will tel you to go for it

obviously havent tried the protos. trust me.

i have the dp s in the aftours and they are quite theatrical. which i like

as most of my others are dead set impossible to move

i just thought the kbs , which hare DEFINATLY one club longer in distance

might suit the af tour heads better bec the af tours ar e quite high , mushy soft and so easy,

the combo of a more rigid stiff harder harsher shaft in these heads might suit well.

the kbs are no where as nice to play ,

i find them really quite harsh but incredibly straight long and as the doc says theres no movement sideways, they aer superb for this

which is why they will be super at longy!

i can see why the bigger boys play these things..

ive found mixmatching soft heads and harsher shafts works a treat ,

thats why the SP blue in af tours is such a perfect match.

i gotta change the dps thos to something a little firmer and lower.

the KBS shafts ill try i nthe 7 iron af tour AND the 6 i nthe yamaha 09

i have the dp s in the aftours and they are quite theatrical. which i like

as most of my others are dead set impossible to move

i just thought the kbs , which hare DEFINATLY one club longer in distance

might suit the af tour heads better bec the af tours ar e quite high , mushy soft and so easy,

the combo of a more rigid stiff harder harsher shaft in these heads might suit well.

the kbs are no where as nice to play ,

i find them really quite harsh but incredibly straight long and as the doc says theres no movement sideways, they aer superb for this

which is why they will be super at longy!

i can see why the bigger boys play these things..

ive found mixmatching soft heads and harsher shafts works a treat ,

thats why the SP blue in af tours is such a perfect match.

i gotta change the dps thos to something a little firmer and lower.

the KBS shafts ill try i nthe 7 iron af tour AND the 6 i nthe yamaha 09

2s14x. sent some to jason last year. he loved them

ooooooooooooh rearry..... the last letter in the alphabet huh..,

what to do with te the kbs then?

watch BST then a def one of a kind might just pop up soon

Nice scorecard indeed...also love the yuyuri Blacks.

hello, i was considering the yururi flatbacks as well. I would love to see some pics of your clubs with the c tapers and to get an idea of the look of the clubs after some play. I currently play fourteen tc910 with spb stiff softstepped once and they work great. I am in between the yururi and the miura baby blades. a friend let me try the miura blades with c taper stiff softstepped once and I really like them, but the look of the yururi is stunning. my only concern with the yururi is the durability of the club.

hello, i was considering the yururi flatbacks as well. I would love to see some pics of your clubs with the c tapers and to get an idea of the look of the clubs after some play. I currently play fourteen tc910 with spb stiff softstepped once and they work great. I am in between the yururi and the miura baby blades. a friend let me try the miura blades with c taper stiff softstepped once and I really like them, but the look of the yururi is stunning. my only concern with the yururi is the durability of the club.

that's funny, those two clubs were my final choices (along with the epon af-tours). the epons and miuras had more traditional/weaker lofts so being a high ball hitter the yururis were a better fit for me.

here's a link to some pics right after the build.

the c-tapers are performing beautifully and look fantastic against the raw heads. the feel is superb and if anyone doesn't think so, i'd be willing to bet they tried a shaft that was too stiff since these play about a half flex stiffer than other brands.

i'll try to get some pics of the wear now that i've got about 15 rounds on them. living in the desert with a lot of sand mixed in with our turf, i think it's safe to say that my wear will be accelerated compared to everywhere else. as i've said, the more these wear the more i like them. one of my playing partners that doesn't like black irons just complimented these now that they're starting to wear. that was a shock because he tried to talk me out of getting the black finish saying how bad they're going to look when the finish wears off!

I just wish there was someplace in the US to demo the Yuyuris

here are a couple of crappy iphone pics of my most worn irons, my 61* lob wedge that i use for everything from inside 60yds including greenside bunkers and my 8 iron that gets the most fairway play...

29fe802d.jpg

4d98a24d.jpg

i am loving them! i live and play most of my golf in the desert of arizona so we have extremely sandy/gritty sod under the turf and the black is starting to wear. the funny thing is that i'm loving them even more as they become worn. the true raw look is so utilitarian that i can't wait for the finish to completely wear off the face.

Nice! I love the black finish that is worn out. I noticed that most of the Yururi clubs spin alot for me. Looks like you found your combination! Now for the Driver, the jBeam heads are compact and set up very nice. They are more forgiving than they look!

Also, nice scorecard!