putter customs. GOLDS, matsumoto, yamada, mizzy,

supo

gotta get a few SPRUCED up

any suggestions pls fellas?

heres the latest cleaning of my golds private stocks no2.

first session today

heavy Ns shaft iomic grip

i added the red line and sight dot with paint just to play around see if it make a differnce

i def like the sight dot

this is a magic heavy putter ,

Edited by supo67

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

right this is one of the two that im going to build agn breath some life into, its pretty dull as is ,

boy when u hit this .

absolutely deliish!

right this is one of the two that im going to build agn breath some life into, its pretty dull as is ,

boy when u hit this .

absolutely deliish!

try lamonte i emailed you his details. does amazing work. reasonable too.

Torreyrat is good too!

I've seen everyones stuff and Sasaya as at a much different level.

when it comes to modding or refurbs you really do get what you pay for.

Take a look at www.putterlounge.com for an idea what and how you refurbish your flatstick. They do some nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

ok heres what im going to do.. send  one or tow off to golds and   a cpl to   to torey rat.

heres the looks in going for............

from what they are now ish..,

the ibushi should come up a treatliek the scotty for msasaya-san, the quality oif the ibushi is worth the price to get it refurbed, it wil lDEF be a one off and a keeper.

the torey rat aquamarine finish i love the look of and the bland finish of the mz-07 shud get a real lift.

the mz is s25c with coipper plating finish. its a beautiful feel but its nto really that greta looking.

thoughts?????

Edited by supo

I love the Torrey Rat finish... That's where my Bettie is going late July, for me to bring back with me from the USA!!

• 4 weeks later...

sorry i put them o nthe page behind, post nstead of new post.

School Boy error!

ok here they are all the new ones the mizuno y-304 is a long neck s25c putter that is butter soft. i loved the balance of it and it was in shiiiity condition just silver with a few dents in it ,looked crass and old so i benched it, no other reason. t the shape suits my eye beautifully, it was a great putter on fast greens can pendulum the ball and off she ran, didnt lik it on slow greens never got it to the hole its a great touch putter.... was sitting idle for yonks so , i just thought id try it out, wasnt planning on using it a lot , just wanted to keep a nice one, of these ,bec it dos feel so good.

but the way its come up. well not so sure i wont regame it...!

his re touch was aquamarine 3 times paint .

this was the guines pig.

the second was my first foray into yamada milled IPT. i got a customed burning copper about 4 years ago. used the hell out of it ,then my mate used it, and wouldnt give it back till i swapped him formy yamada razor about 2 months ago, its WELL used and in pretty beat up cont. the face was perfeect but it was getting abit unsightly , we decided on a oneoff patina oil treatment, no way to predict the out come, but jee i love what im seeing here, so many coulours, and a deep milling o nthe face. this WAS a gamer for a long time so ill be stoked to get that back in rotation...

the 3rd is my old fac the mzor hiro matsumoto but thats not been done yet.

waiting for piccys of this guy, the same "one off stlye" was applied to this one. salivating on results.

• 3 weeks later...

the latest ones...,

shud be arriving soon.

not a bad job me thinks , esp after the condition i send them over in.

from this...........,

to this..!

Edited by supo67

Came out very nice..... much better than original IMO.

Too beautiful to be played, I would say.

hiro matsumoto mz-07 finished...!

form this......................, classic unflasshy, just 100% about the feel

to this....., bit more lively. deeper milling, with some personality.

it will be very interestign to compare the differnce in feel and performance between the new one and the original.

hopefully they get here by the weekend, so i can try them out.

recieved 2 putters back last night. very happy with the reuslts, they look superb. the face milling looks very well done ,the colour schemes are spot on.

will re shaft them next week and get em out to play ASAP.

TOREY RAT george i chose to do the work, and wa imensely happy with his communication, suggestions, and finished product.

cost to do this was wel l worht it. i think these are very good putters that would ordinarily just sit idel and die. now i gotta put em abck to use.

yea i thin k he refurb is worth it fellas.

all done by torey rat at torey pines.

huge diffference. the mizy in the flesh is absolutely the best finish ive eve seen. the oil aptina is amazing. im geetign it shafted now it will be ready tonight.

i spoke to sasaya and he said he cant fix my insert o nthe 1999 hiro, best send it back to them. but the ding i nti doesnt affect the ball roll it doesn ttouch the ball. so i dont need to d oit......... but after these gawd,,,,, im going in i think, ill get a cpl more done. i have 2 more mz-07s that i might re do as well. they seriously look the nuts

the finish is a 2 x aquamarine finish , with deep milling. it came out a steely bronze

the diffence in the copper yamada is well, im totally speechless.. check how it went in...,

to what came back....

iamgine these copper look banged up and well gamed..,

to this looking thing.. u cud imagine my smile..

Edited by supo67