The 'no driver' edition of WITB - 1st revision

Ian-500

Unfortunately I hade to sell my Yamaha tours, but I think I've filled their space with some awesome blades - Srixon Pro 100. These have been matched with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 X flex shafts and Iomic X grips. I know they are old (ish) for this forum but I think they look great. :atsg_smilie_srixon:

Let me know what you think.

post-15035-0-93317300-1341142227.jpg

post-15035-0-13616600-1341142383.jpg

post-15035-0-71226100-1341142471.jpg

post-15035-0-19243800-1341142576.jpg

Yes, I need some wedges. These will be on the next revision, then a driver and possibly a new putter. By then I may have saved enough cash to buy the Yamahas back!!

Wow, they look like Bread knives !!

Hope they serve you well!

ATB

D

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get pure, cavity-less blades. The sweetspot must be smaller than the diameter of a pencil eraser, and it must be too close to the hosel.

Somebody please explain the attraction. What can they do that my 870Tis can't?

Mind you, having taken up the game in 1959, I have plenty of experience with blades, albeit long ago. I can't think of anything that would tempt me to go back.

And I'd love to game some!

My ball striking is as good as any( when I decide to concentrate) BUT my Onoff forged just feel Pure, can't really see anything beating them!

Is it true blades are/ have a stronger Flight??

Is it true blades are/ have a stronger Flight??

I can only say that it's not true for me. For me, blades are shorter in distance, less consistent for distance/club selection, take on more unintended sidespin, have a lower trajectory, and since virtually all of them have steel shafts, make my hands swell. Only the last three clubs in my bag--my sand iron, E-club, and putter-- have steel shafts, and that's enough for me.

Edited by NiftyNiblick

i reckon steel shafts give more consistent ball flight then anything else?

Having played 'players' cavity backs and now blades, The blades have been slightly more accurate but the CB's had better feel and slightly more distance, but this was probably down to the fantastic Quadra graphite shafts. They are both as unforgiving as each other.

I think I'm slightly more accurate with the blades because I think I have to concentrate more, but the CB's were just as small, so I don't know what's going on.

Edited by Ian-500

Ian, where do you play Golf?

Ian, where do you play Golf?

Anywhere in and around Tamworth/Birmingham area - Tamworth GC, The Belfry, The Forest of Arden, Stonebridge GC etc. loads of courses around here.

How about you?

I was hoping you'd say Forest of Arden

Where do you play?

Where do you play?

Renishaw Park GC and Hallamshire GC

Me and a couple of pthers( one of here ) are planning a game at Forest of Arden next month, you want to make a Four?

PM sent

Ill pm you my number later!! Or send me yours!!