SATINIZED Epon Personal blades

Spoon

If you'd rather write a check than do the work, then both The Iron Factory and The GolfWorks do a great job of this as well.

I once saw a set of Ping EyeTwos with the rough tumble finish converted to a polish finish by the GolfWorks. Not quite the same as satinizing a plated finish, but very interesting nonetheless.

Edited by NiftyNiblick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you'd rather write a check than do the work, then both The Iron Factory and The GolfWorks do a great job of this as well.

I once saw a set of Ping EyeTwos with the rough tumble finish converted to a polish finish by the GolfWorks. Not quite the same as satinizing a plated finish, but very interesting nonetheless.

we dont have those services here, otherwise i would have done it.

im quite happy with the time spent doing it. it really does make the personals, personal.

we dont have those services here, otherwise i would have done it.

im quite happy with the time spent doing it. it really does make the personals, personal.

Well, you did a very nice job. I could never have done it.

• 2 weeks later...

so were just fooling around round round yeah yeah oh he he

may not be for everyone.

IMG00037-20120731-1351.jpg

Edited by Spoon

So is that a sticker or a stamp and paint fill? Looks kinda like the Aldila RIP logo. Personally am fond of the lone symbol that indicates Epon on the Personals...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome Chris. Jeez you've got T-Rex nuts for doing that. I seem to be the only person that likes retro chrome though, just love it on blades.

Chris? anyway the more i get to use the irons i am loving the finish more and more especially in the equitorial sun.

i already forgot how bright the original mirror chrome finish was!

Chris? anyway the more i get to use the irons i am loving the finish more and more especially in the equitorial sun.

i already forgot how bright the original mirror chrome finish was!

hahaha, sorry CARLO damn auto prompt , I really shouldn't send emails / post on forums from my phone.......and yes, in the summer I cant play without sunnies!

The more I look at the Personal the more the look grows on me. I must admit when I first saw it, I though it was too busy and prefer their AF Tour model but now I'm liking it more and more.

The more I look at the Personal the more the look grows on me. I must admit when I first saw it, I though it was too busy and prefer their AF Tour model but now I'm liking it more and more.

You will like it more when see you on the 5th!

Darn.... You guys are killing me. Now T just post beautiful pictures of Epons and asking for vote. Getting harder and harder to resist.....not sure how much longer I can hold back, especially after my upcoming Manila trip lol

Might need to see off some of my other sets of irons.......

If your a stickler on perfection you may not like how satinizing any irons comes out. I've done in many times and its never perfect.

If you have the cash just get them refinished in Japan, it looks less scratchy and everything in one direction with a nice luster over it.

If you use your clubs as tools then it shouldn't matter and go for it.

If your a stickler on perfection you may not like how satinizing any irons comes out. I've done in many times and its never perfect.

If you have the cash just get them refinished in Japan, it looks less scratchy and everything in one direction with a nice luster over it.

If you use your clubs as tools then it shouldn't matter and go for it.

I agree, its not perfect but i ld settle for this look more than the mirror chrome.

Considering I did it by hand without a tool I'm extremely satisfied. Looks truly

Handmade just like katanas of the past.

I would have gone bead blast but could jot find anyone to do it locally.

Wonder how the Personal would look in Satin Black... Hmmmm yummy...yummy....!!

copper................................................!

I asked about that when Ordering and T said not from Epon.. . But agree that copper on those would be great...

• 1 month later...

Proud new owner!

Just a bit nervous about shafts...I now game the Aerotech i95's in my 502's and love em. The Personals are shafted with Monacos in stiff and the weight of the shaft is 122, which sounds a bit heavy for my swing. Looking for some views on that and will also post in shaft section for input.

I can obviously just switch Aerotechs from 502's to personals and sell 502's with Monaco, but would prefer to keep in tact.

Any views on how the Monacos will play compared with the Aerotechs?

i posted over there but i'll chime in here too. the monacos are so well balanced that i think you'll swing these with very little concern.

as far as a comparison between the aerotechs and monacos, i have the i125's in my af-tours so i'm probably not a good person to ask regarding the i95's.

Edited by chiromikey

I've swing both the monacos and Aerotech 195 and i110 and I think you can get use to the Monacos very quickly as mention above, the shaft feels balance.

you will be fine but will get used to it if your coming from aeros. but should not be a problem.

transitioning down from monacos to aerotechs were very very easy for me.

do note these will play very very different from your 502/aero.

the 502 aero is like lance armstrong :tsg_smiley_drool:

do note these will play very very different from your 502/aero.

the 502 aero is like lance armstrong :tsg_smiley_drool:

Carlo:' are you suggesting my 502/aeros are pumped up with performance enhancing drugs?! Sometimes feels that way;)

Carlo:' are you suggesting my 502/aeros are pumped up with performance enhancing drugs?! Sometimes feels that way;)

the 502s on their own are awesome, now adding the aerotechs are the icing on the cake!

good bloody combo