Epon Personal Blade Picture Thread!

Isn't she purdy? The new 2012 Epon Personal Muscle Back Irons.

Had a set built with KBS shafts 1.5* flat for me. It's design is second to none. This can't be done with CNC and only one factory can produce these types of designs ENDO.

It features 3 different finishing techniques. brushed satin on the face and sole, a textured bead blast on the 2nd tier and mirror chrome on the top and lower tier.

I have 1 round in her so far its deliciously soft yet not mushy. Just a hair less forgiving than the AF-Tour and a bit more compact as well. These are the best blades I have ever seen or laid my hands on.

I think Epon has the best two blades on the market.

gallery_18_4_139148.jpg

gallery_18_4_28251.jpg

gallery_18_4_63793.jpg

gallery_18_4_65300.jpg

gallery_18_4_121668.jpg

gallery_18_4_135485.jpg

gallery_18_4_40355.jpg

gallery_18_4_6321.jpg

gallery_18_4_43416.jpg

gallery_18_4_93932.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...just beautiful!

These irons are stunning ! Unfortunately i do not have the game to play these................

These irons are stunning ! Unfortunately i do not have the game to play these................

I don't either but I couldn't resist. I'm at a 12 now trying to get to a 9.

My plan is to play the personals until my 2012 VG3's arrive then switch to those.

Why do you keep doing this to me. You know my penchant for blades and these really are beautiful. I'm trying to tell myself they're too chunky for my tastes so I won't be tempted but you still keep posting all these new pics.

Yea, keep 'um coming!

MUST RESIST!!!

you're handicap is a 4.1...i can't imagine you not being able to play blades!!???

btw, these new blades and that damned putter have left me in awe. i'm not sure i've ever wanted a bag of clubs just to look at in my living room but these have made me lust!

Edited by chiromikey

i had a very good blast with the 7 i last night with NS modus 3 in it.

i had a lot of my own 7 irons as well with various shafts

my current gamers are the srixon pro 100 blades. very traditional looking blades, but ....., with a very rounded profile.

i also have a set of af tours which i use as a quasy cavity style, when the day is lovely and grass lush these get the nod.

after striking a heap of balls with all irons i got to thinking.. this club is NOT in the blade bracket, one should NOT compare this club to the traditional tiny thin blades. the personals are a lot more chunky. more robsut . .

the personals have quite a thick top line with a small compact face the over all aesthetics look very pleasing and very playable, ur not hitting a skinny, paper thin, whisker thin blade here , this is

BLUE STEEL.

the personals are thick , small and compact and soft as hell to strike, but quite a full feeling . my other blades are very "thin" in comparison , this was the most noticeable differnce i found last night . the persoanls were def the nicest to hit.

they have a fuller feeling than the af tours as well. the impact stays with you longer..... its lovely sensation

they dont look like the aftours one bit. the sole is thinner, the blade noticeably smaller, rounder and chunkier.

they sit some where in between the 302 and yamaha tours in both looks feel and style i reckon.

i love that style.

i noticed that i can pick these pretty clean . cleaner than both yammy tours and 302s , but no where near as clean as the srixons, and nothing like the tourstage, not even close, (nothing is). but alternatly when u dont get these ones clean u skip over the top very veyr thin. the personals no where near as much.

i maintain they seem to be a pretty easy blade STYLE , but theres nothing traditional about these at all.

i think EPON designed a brilliant product here, i dont really classify them as out and out blades. i think they are a more dynamic 302/yamaha tour style club. right in the middle

they are def more player eqsue .

id play these in a heat beat an sell a lot of other brood mares i have to accomodate the new stallion to the stable.

i had them working around both ways with a bit more control than the other tradtitional blades . but a bit more workability than the 302s, miss hits were are a LOT more controlled and less dead!

this is def. one of these clubs highlights, miss**ts DONT kill you anywhere near as badly as trad. blades do.

overall these are a really lovely feeling iron. they are surprisinly easy to hit, control is terrific distance loss was a tiny wee bit noticeable ,but i was using the wrong shafts for a start , with my shafts would sort that out immediatly .

u can move these around a wee bit , but are not for bending like beckahm . but small controleld fades and draws..................., yea boy!

now my big question is would i game these at longy in the puff.....,

100%

YES.

I'm probably the only one in this forum, bit I have to say that lookswise this is not my cup of tea. A blade should be clean. Too much going on in the back.

PS: please don't get mad at me people;) This is just a hacker's opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

undertand ur point 100%

when u see these in hand i think ur mind changes pretty quickly ,

i was of same mind as you

i thought they were plain ugly- nasty.

then i saw one, in the flesh , hmmmmm they not too bad at all...,

and then i HIT one.

everything changed.

Why make a Low Handicaper blade....and then give it offset!? That was the main reason I sold my AF Tours!

Pete

Why make a Low Handicaper blade....and then give it offset!? That was the main reason I sold my AF Tours!

Pete

My thoughts are...

Epon is trying to make a blade (or has) that is more forgiving than the traditional blade.

Even tho a limited edition it allows more people to play a blade that otherwise might not.

Hitting these perfect is not required to still have decent results and good feel.

Great review, I'm going with the personal/ modus 3 combo and af tour/ cbi 02 evo

Pete

All blades have offset. Even KZG's zero offset blades have offset.

I think the question is why would any golf company hinder performance by not having any offset. It's part of the design of a golf club.

My thoughts are...

Epon is trying to make a blade (or has) that is more forgiving than the traditional blade.

Even tho a limited edition it allows more people to play a blade that otherwise might not.

Hitting these perfect is not required to still have decent results and good feel.

I never understood how offset of a few milimeters ever could make a club forgiving instead of "playable for the lucky few only"..I just dont buy it, offset can't add that much in forgivness as to make it "forgiving" instead of "players only". But to me, who is just a 10 hcp, offset looks bad I just don't like to look down on a club with noticable offset. I even think clubs with very little offset is EASIER to aim and therefore also to hit than clubs with more offset.

Compared to my outrageously tiny tourstage mr23, the personals are dead flat , compared to the srixon pro100 the personals off set is noticeablefor about16 seconds then u pick up the yonex ezone Which in comp.looks like a shovel so does the miura5002 and dont even go there with the sakamotos! Might as well use these for excavatingy land fills .

The tour stage 905 miniscule heads have a noticeable chink. Every set ive got except the miuraism and srixons have an off set that i can see clearly

and , i now love it

the yonex ezones are veritable backhoes but that young japamese fella hits em ok and i beleive so do most others that have them they are2011 models and the off sre is huge in thosebut it maters not i iota they are as dynamic as anything iver ever triedand truth be told they are the easiest to move about these things u can bend like the poshs toyboy the way the companies do thr off set now , personally i love it wont play anything else now makes hitting the ball so much easier and u still get thedynamics u need beleive me

anyone just go hit a yonex ezone mb see for ya self

im a fan of the new old shape but back to the personals i reall dont think people will nitice the off set seconds after striking a ball i didnt i just did beceause the other set in my hand is so square i ended up hitting 3 times more balls withe the epon than anyingthing elseby the end it was just a superb club

So beautiful.. I can't wait to try these. I can already imagine the feel and ball flight... So Pure!

I don't either but I couldn't resist. I'm at a 12 now trying to get to a 9.

My plan is to play the personals until my 2012 VG3's arrive then switch to those.

First dibs on the Personals........

So yesterday I played my 3rd round with the Personals. Keep in mind I'm a 12 hcp and I shouldn't be playing muscle backs.

Tested: 3-PW Epon Personals w/ KBS Tour Shafts in Stiff Flex. Custom Lie 1.5* flat. Standard Length & Grips.

Round 1: The first 6-9 holes were pretty bad for me. I had a handfull of shots toward the heel that would skirt the ball low and slicing, the feel was still pretty nice for mis**ts not damaging to my hands like I have had with other blades and players CB's in the past. By the turn some pretty amazing shots surfaced and I started to dial them in and by the end of the round things were peachy. I was hitting them better and more accurately than my ONOFF Forged irons but I quickly wrote it off as the honeymoon period.

Round 2: From hole 1 - 18 these delivered. That was fast! It usually takes me several rounds to dial anything new in. This is where I started to get that these are special indeed. First thing that stood out is just how amazing these feel. It's so pure. I had the AF-Tours in the past and dont remember them feeling this pure. Anyone who has both please chime in. AFTours are a bit more meaty and longer heel to toe but I don't recall them being this forgiving. Maybe I'm just hitting it well now days. The setup is nice not a butter knife but I prefer that. It inspires confidence.

Round 3: I put the 3 & 4 irons in the bag because I was hitting the #5 extremely well. I'm back to 3-PW and boy do these feel pure. IMO these are in a class of it's own. I was expecting an increase in score without my beloved UT's but that was not the case. The short irons setup perfectly. The shape is second to none and they are very forgiving as far as blades go. I said it once and I'll say it again that Epon has the best two MB's on the market in the Personals & AF-Tours.

Would love to hear more comparisons to players MB/blades besides the AF Tours. Too bad the only way to get "personal" Personals is with sand paper and elbow grease... These sound fantastic to date...

Great review...would also like to know how they compare to the 502's. I would love a set of personals, but when I told my fitter I wanted to give them a go his reaction was "no way you will ever hit anything better than your 502's!".

So yesterday I played my 3rd round with the Personals. Keep in mind I'm a 12 hcp and I shouldn't be playing muscle backs.

Round 2: From hole 1 - 18 these delivered. That was fast! It usually takes me several rounds to dial anything new in. This is where I started to get that these are special indeed. First thing that stood out is just how amazing these feel. It's so pure.

Round 3: I put the 3 & 4 irons in the bag because I was hitting the #5 extremely well. I'm back to 3-PW and boy do these feel pure. IMO these are in a class of it's own. I was expecting an increase in score without my beloved UT's but that was not the case. The short irons setup perfectly. The shape is second to none and they are very forgiving as far as blades go. I said it once and I'll say it again that Epon has the best two MB's on the market in the Personals & AF-Tours.

The personals feel more forgiving to me.. But as you said I guess I myself am in the honeymoon stage or hitting it better. I guess the fact that those super good feeling pure shots have a way of clouding judgement.

C how are your distances? Did you loose a club? I'm lagging in my short irons. Changing shafts to the monacos