Epon Personal Blade Picture Thread!

Great review...would also like to know how they compare to the 502's. I would love a set of personals, but when I told my fitter I wanted to give them a go his reaction was "no way you will ever hit anything better than your 502's!".

Does your club builder have any 302's to demo, or that matter some AFTours?

If you're hitting the ball all over the club face he might be right about the 502's... if you're

striking the ball consistently in the sweet spot I don't see why you couldn't hit the Personals.

I'd see if you could demo a club if he has one... you just might surprise yourself. :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea.. i got to hit them.

i agree they are a triffle stiff and heavy

but i liked them a lot .

. i think ill swap him some protos ,lighter and more "pingy" shud suit him much better id think.

Does your club builder have any 302's to demo, or that matter some AFTours? If you're hitting the ball all over the club face he might be right about the 502's... if you're striking the ball consistently in the sweet spot I don't see why you couldn't hit the Personals. I'd see if you could demo a club if he has one... you just might surprise yourself. :)

excellent advice.

the only thing I find with 'demos' is that they give you a 7 iron. we'll all hit any 7 iron very well, i'm more interested in hitting the 4 & 6 irons to see if i'm comfortable with them and then check the 8 iron to make sure its the flight i like to see in a short iron.

hhehhee ,, yea except for me 7 iron is my bogie club!

i hit the 6 iron like a beaut.

i try all my iron makings in 6i first, give so many more variables to look at.

7 iron just goes high and lands. i get bored looking at it , the 6 however looks totally differnt.

i dont think there will be demos of the blades since its all 3-pw sets.

no shop would sacrifice the entire set just for 1 7 iron demo.

TRUST US, its good.

Anyone know if these are tapered or parallel?

C how are your distances? Did you loose a club? I'm lagging in my short irons. Changing shafts to the monacos

I know my name is not C, but am surprised you are losing that much distance... Played 1 round with them and am spot on with the Modus 3 compared to the TS 905 MB with Crazy CBI... I think it will get better once i have the opportunity to dial in with club fitter/builder in a couple of weeks...

But first impressions are:

Size wise, while a thicker sole and top line the overall size is the head is comparable to the TS 905 MB and RomaRo Pro.

Pured shot is soft as a babies bottom, slightly off center hits are not overly punished distance wise, but a poor swing is punished severely.

Definitely easier to hit than either the TS 905 or Miura BB, but not so much more that the RomaRos.

Don't have a very good way to gauge ball flight as a comparison to the other clubs I ho, but 7 iron down I hit towering shots that half plugged into soft greens...

I love the honeymoon phase, played a only irons today and it felt good. Have not done that in a while and is fun to have different shots into greens than what I normally play. I play almost daily on the same course and it can get monotonous when you always play the same clubs from tee to green on every hole...

Visually stunning, pictures do not do it justice and the plating on these are more solid than anything I have ever seen. Gonna take something extra to put some dings/chips/chatter in these, but not gonna risk it I'll keep the head covers on...

My distances are a hair shorter. 5 yards I feel.

Had rounds 4 & 5 this week, been playing lots of golf. One of the rounds I leaked right quite a bit leaving me longer than usual putts or chips, the other round I struck things perfectly as if were still married and gazing into each others eyes.

just reshafted my Personal #3 iron with a monaco stiff flex shaft.

i do admit the shaft would be more suited in the copper 302s than these.

man do they feel heavy. feel like i could cleave the kracken in half!

based on 37.75 5iron SW D2

Will have updates when i test this on thurs

BLADES-1.jpg

blades2.jpg

photo.jpg

Are they good match?

I like the long irons very much but find the short irons temperamental. This is

Because of my swing, trying to lower my flight, il be trying the monacos.

If that doesn't work il be looking at my proto inventory to see if there is a code

That will suit these heads

well the modus go very well. so the DP shud be great.

the monacco were very strong.

i think a nice shaft i nthese sould be the shimads...... the ks tour would light these up beautifully.

similar to the miuraisms.. that match his made in heaven .

yes thats a good idea....,

How about cbi-evo, would the personal work with these? They work very well with af tour IMO.

How about cbi-evo, would the personal work with these? They work very well with af tour IMO.

no reason why it shouldnt. in the end it boils down to the individual.

Got them an hour ago, the look tiny compare to pictures! I like the Personal and the Af tour both! I think both are the best looking blade in the market! I'm lucky to own both sets!

Pictures just don't do them justice. It's amazing how different they look in your hand.......

Congrats

Pictures just don't do them justice. It's amazing how different they look in your hand.......

Congrats

thats what i keep telling everyone. i guess no one will know unless they actually get one or

see one in the flesh:)

no reason why it shouldnt. in the end it boils down to the individual.

I initially was going to put modus 3 with the personal while cbi evo to go with af tour, will try to experiment a little bit : ) so far the evo work the best for me with the af tour. Great feel and dispersion is superb! Oh and it's loooong, Got much better result than many steel shaft I've tried.

• 1 month later...