Epon Personal Blade Picture Thread!

Thought I would revive a sleeping post. Anyone have updates if they are still in the bag?

I must admit I am still waiting for the early adopters to move a set in bst.

A couple of months a go someone else said he'd wait til.... bst.....

Hasn't happened yet......

I'll be surprised if they do anytime soon.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it's C........

watch him sell another set he'll soon regret...

Unless it's C........

watch him sell another set he'll soon regret...

haha you are right my friend. ive sold many sets and my biggest regrets

are my shins and another one with copper patina!!!!

These are still my gamers. Still in love!

Feel is great, It's fairly forgiving for a blade couldn't be happier.

When my new VG3's come in I will rotate back and fourth.

thinking off getting a set...can I get some shaft recommenddations? thinking of going back to steel after two years w aerotech....maybe nsp sp orange? what is the trajectory of these heads in relation to the 302s? thanks for the great pics and reviews...supo could have made a fortune writing for penthouse forum....most vivid piece of writing I've had for years...

Edited by freehb04

Can't wait to get mine back from being re-shafted… Was too much draw with the stepped and tipped S in the short irons. Have the 3-6 and am looking forward to more full rounds with mine. Think I have found a rotation that is gonna work, just need to figure out which set will be the goto irons...

these are hard to resist.......i gave in the other day..........given a couple of people whose opinion I respect recon they're even EASIER to hit than AF-Tour......i have to try them.

I'm thinking the Monaco shafts and I'll put these head to head with the AF-Tour/KBS and 302/NS 2f15 sets.

my bag is undergoing some morphing.....I dont change up my game bag much so the additions will have to be (and are expected to be) really something.

i'm going to give a full report in about a month once ive had time to bed it all down

Edited by EPONfreak

• 3 weeks later...

cudnt resist the urge to swap the monacco out for the NS proto c10s (pauls caseys protos)

the c10s are very heavy and really straight, these are the straighest irons shafts ive hit , these things dont like to be moved about.

they were a bit higher in the personals than they are in the srixon pro100s.

the flight is really really strong, "normal " wind is virtually irelevant. they are much tighter than the monaccos

feel wise these are very typical of NS but heavy, its a lovely feel. im stil ldeciding if these are better suited than the DP X shaft, thsoe are pretty high spin and very high. the c10s were much stonger flight than both the monaccos and the DPS.

ithnk the DPS would suit the modern rediuclously storng lofted heads better than the traditiyoona llofts.

somehting like a 45* pw which is just so wroing in every way , 45* is NOT a pw,, buth these companies keep telling us it is nowadays.

so i guess the modus/dp are suited pefectl;y to these lofts esp for higher/stronger swingers.

the c10s i palyed very very well on sun at my fav match course. every hole is a chance of gaining an advantage.. on 17 a 248 yard par 3.. yes... 3 wood isrequired..

you use every club in the bag, and have thoughts on so many holes to sue driver 3 wood or 5 iron!

a jim fazio masterpiece!

albeit..i think i cudd a done with a bit more moveability for mthe monaccos.

these shafts are the best shaft ive got for cetian conditions that arn that favourable.

they will be heading down under to live on longy.

theres nothing even close to them for storng flight.

if u play oin links id thoroughty recomend u getting a set of these IF UR A STRONG hitter ONLY.

top stuff. i think the monaccos are better all round shaft, but the c10s ae a specific shaft and they are peerless including hr SP blues

cudnt resist the urge to swap the monacco out for the NS proto c10s (pauls caseys protos) the c10s are very heavy and really straight, these are the straighest irons shafts ive hit , these things dont like to be moved about. they were a bit higher in the personals than they are in the srixon pro100s. the flight is really really strong, "normal " wind is virtually irelevant. they are much tighter than the monaccos feel wise these are very typical of NS but heavy, its a lovely feel. im stil ldeciding if these are better suited than the DP X shaft, thsoe are pretty high spin and very high. the c10s were much stonger flight than both the monaccos and the DPS. ithnk the DPS would suit the modern rediuclously storng lofted heads better than the traditiyoona llofts. somehting like a 45* pw which is just so wroing in every way , 45* is NOT a pw,, buth these companies keep telling us it is nowadays. so i guess the modus/dp are suited pefectl;y to these lofts esp for higher/stronger swingers. the c10s i palyed very very well on sun at my fav match course. every hole is a chance of gaining an advantage.. on 17 a 248 yard par 3.. yes... 3 wood isrequired.. you use every club in the bag, and have thoughts on so many holes to sue driver 3 wood or 5 iron! a jim fazio masterpiece! albeit..i think i cudd a done with a bit more moveability for mthe monaccos. these shafts are the best shaft ive got for cetian conditions that arn that favourable. they will be heading down under to live on longy. theres nothing even close to them for storng flight. if u play oin links id thoroughty recomend u getting a set of these IF UR A STRONG hitter ONLY. top stuff. i think the monaccos are better all round shaft, but the c10s ae a specific shaft and they are peerless including hr SP blues

yes they were very heavy. i found the profile in my meager s flex to be stiffer than the ora-x. i guess its the shaft profile. very x100esque .

have you gamed the 2s14?

Hey guys, from the suggestions of some members here, I pretty much narrow my iron search down to Epon 302 and the Titleist VG3. However, I stumbled upon a set of the Personal yesterday at my fitter. They were absolutely stunning! Of course they were not available for me to hit, so I could only wonder how good they feel. A few of the guys here mentioned that these are actually quite forgiving. Are these too much club for a 13 capper? I am looking for an all around gamer set that can stay in the bag for at least a year. Thanks!

Hey guys, from the suggestions of some members here, I pretty much narrow my iron search down to Epon 302 and the Titleist VG3. However, I stumbled upon a set of the Personal yesterday at my fitter. They were absolutely stunning! Of course they were not available for me to hit, so I could only wonder how good they feel. A few of the guys here mentioned that these are actually quite forgiving. Are these too much club for a 13 capper? I am looking for an all around gamer set that can stay in the bag for at least a year. Thanks!

VG3s

I play personals & VG3's. The VG3 is bigger no doubt, bigger than the 302s as well. What they do have going for them is they are very forgiving, feel very good and inspire confidence. The topline has some size to it but the offset is minimal comparatively.

302's are easy to love. EASY! They are in between the VG3 - Personal. a 13 capper can handle the personals but it won't be whats best for your score off the start but it will improve your ball striking.

Sorry no straight answer here but I gotta acknowledge you for having great taste in clubs and looking at some of the best 3 found anywhere.

well i got another tale to tell aswell....... monacco VS modus..............................

I'm always late to the steel shaft party. By the time my modus comes in you guys are on to monacco's and by the time my monacco's arrive your on the C10's...

I'm always late to the steel shaft party. By the time my modus comes in you guys are on to monacco's and by the time my monacco's arrive your on the C10's...

FYI unless you have forearms like Casey, you won't enjoybthe c10s

I only liked em in wedges. Your a happy camper w the monacos!

Mastaj,

If it isn't too late for my $0.02...

I would go with the club ghat stretches ability a little bit unless you intend to ho clubs like many of us on the forum. If it stretches ability, they will have a longer life in your bag since as you improve your game the clubs will still align with capabilities as a golfer...

oh...............dear....................,

oh dear oh dear ohdear....

hoards be ready o n the buttons bec theres a set of these becoming available for some extraordinary reason...

oh deary me.................., gents be ready. !

U releasing yours??