Egg Seven, Tourstage FW and 2012 RC Utility

Mjr. D

Finally got my clubs. Took them to the range today. Long story short, the EGG 7 is ridiculous. Probably the longest driver i've hit. Longer than the Crazy 435 for sure. Absolutely bombs. Never seen anything like this. I have it shafted with a Matrix Ozik 7M3 XX - extremely straight, not even remotely difficult to hit straight with this setup. I don't know if you need to be a harder swinger to get the performance out of this head or not, but by no means should you be afraid to use it because it's a 7* head. One of the straightest drivers i've ever hit too. Loud ping at impact with pretty decent feel. Not soft, more on the firmer side but who gives a s**t when the thing performs like it does. Ball soars, no spin and rolls.

2012 Tourstage 12.5 FW.

Beautiful club. I have it shafted with a Crazy Sigma 50 8.7 flex. Super straight, very long and penetrating distance as well. The sound is very distinct pop and the feel is fairly peculiar. I almost thought the head was cracked on a few shots. When you really pure it the feel is a little softer but I haven't hit a club with this unique of a feel. Don't mind it actually. Overall I'm pleased with this setup for sure. Longer than the RC fw I had before.

RC 305V Hybrid. 18*.

Beautiful club which feels quite heavy actually. I have it paired with a Quadra Fire Express Proto Hybrid X flex. Dead straight, no spin penetrating bombs. Very long, excellent feel, nice sound.

This is probably my favourite setup i've ever had in terms of JDM equipment. If you're looking for super nice looking gear that is long with basically no spin, I highly recommend all of these.

Nothing better than being happy with the new gear.

IMO having the ball go straight is very under rated.

Any temptation trying the 5* Egg??

thanks for the review - sounds like the driver I have been looking for some time

I would loooove to try and egg seven with 9* of loft.

Then that would be called the Egg Nine?

Lol....

Honestly, it launches mid height. It's a great driver. Worth a try for sure.

oooops - my bad!

Lol ...

The thought of only 7* frightens me.... Lol

I'd love a blast with a 5*

With a high launch shaft like an ilima then you'll be fine, or just tee it high and hit it on the up swing.

Would love to try any of the 5* 7* or 9* really. Great looking driver

5* or 7* frightens me... I always thought less loft less control?

i sued to thit a 6.5* titleist 90 somehting or other, jee it went srtaight. didnt really soar...

i cud give this a whirl..

checking it out now.........,

cheers rob.

• 1 month later...

Any one try the EGG 7 at 9 degrees yet?

yep tried both in 7 deg and 9 deg. The 7 is much more difficult, imo more difficult than the epon zero. My ss is around 100mph and I find the 9 deg much more suitable, very piercing but with some degree of forgiveness.

yep tried both in 7 deg and 9 deg. The 7 is much more difficult, imo more difficult than the epon zero. My ss is around 100mph and I find the 9 deg much more suitable, very piercing but with some degree of forgiveness.

Good to know. I tried the 7 early in the spring. I hit it straight , and got good rollout in fast conditions, but in the lush conditions now, the height and carry distance isn't cutting it.

I recently hit the stock Egg 7* and it launched higher than my Epon Zero 9.5.

Its trajectory was similar to my 9.5 Ryoma V-Spec w/CB-46

I recently hit the stock Egg 7* and it launched higher than my Epon Zero 9.5.

Its trajectory was similar to my 9.5 Ryoma V-Spec w/CB-46

Thought zero only have one loft? Anyway, Some local pro suggested that for the egg 7, I need to adjust the ball position more toward the heel of the club face. I find this a little bit easier to hit.

Thought zero only have one loft? Anyway, Some local pro suggested that for the egg 7, I need to adjust the ball position more toward the heel of the club face. I find this a little bit easier to hit.

your right, my zero is 10.5 the only loft they make...lol It flies like a 9.5 i swear so I assumed its that.

Love my Egg 7. Hottest driver i've ever hit. Thing just bullets off the face. Good feel, ok sound (a bit pingy) low low spin, low/mid launch. I don't find it hard to hit in the least and i'm not expert with the driver although I have improved a lot. My only real gripe is that I find it the face to be just slightly closed at address and I tend to hook the ball more than i'd like. Other than that it's a real winner. Looks great too.

Love my Egg 7. Hottest driver i've ever hit. Thing just bullets off the face. Good feel, ok sound (a bit pingy) low low spin, low/mid launch. I don't find it hard to hit in the least and i'm not expert with the driver although I have improved a lot. My only real gripe is that I find it the face to be just slightly closed at address and I tend to hook the ball more than i'd like. Other than that it's a real winner. Looks great too.

With ur ss, I'm sure the egg 7 is a good fit. Beside the closed face, imo, the lie angle of this driver seems to promote a draw. The toe is significantly higher than other driver I've tried.

You don't need a crazy SS like Mr. D to handle this driver. It's pretty much like any 9.5 driver but with a different number on it. It has a nice penetrating traj. Good role, low spin and a nice setup. Don't let the number 7 fool you.

You don't need a crazy SS like Mr. D to handle this driver. It's pretty much like any 9.5 driver but with a different number on it. It has a nice penetrating traj. Good role, low spin and a nice setup. Don't let the number 7 fool you.

Have to disagree on that. I find the egg 7 in 7 degree significantly more difficult to swing relative to egg 7 in 9 deg. The egg 7 in 7 deg for me is atleast on par with the zero in terms of forgiveness. Of all the drivers I've tried, I'll say the zero is one of the least forgiving. The most forgiving for me would be ryoma st. So if u can handle the zero, egg 7 in 7deg should be ok, otherwise the 9deg would be a better choice, IMO.

Thanks, So do you think a person needs a very fast SS to handle it? I don't I've only hit the 7*.

I based my opinion on two pals who game it and swing 95mph. I personally think a lot of it depends on how you hit the ball, sweeping up or coming into it more steep.

One guy gets only a slightly lower launch than his TourStage 905 10.5 with DI-6 stiff shaft.

My Ryoma 10.5 w/ CB-46 is only a littler higher than the Egg 7* with stock shaft.

I have no evidence of this but I feel like a shaft change to the Egg 7* would make it play a lot lower.

Yes I do think u need faster ss and good ball striking skill to reap full benefit of the egg 7 in 7 deg similar to the epon zero. People with lower ss will not maximize their average distance with this driver. The ryoma v-spec 9.5, IMO, is much more forgiving and also significantly longer on average, maybe by about 15-20 yds. When deciding on a best fit driver, beside the launch angle, u want more avg distance and better control.