New Epon Driver

DaleUK

Quick question: why are so many Epon irons and drivers "limited editions"? I get it that OEMs put out a driver every few years as a limited run, but seems as if every new set of irons or driver from Epon is "limited". Marketing??

Sadly with Epon we have to speculate.

It seems their Putters have always been limited editions. Cost? Hurry and get it before it's gone?

Except for the Personals most everything else is not "limited", at least that I can think of. I can understand

500 sets of blades as they (blades) are not typically big sellers for any oem.

Don't know if our slow swing driver will be limited, yet.

Epon has been my favorite brand for several years now..... IMO their quality and performance are really

second to none. They just need to hire me to run the place. :)

It's Limited!!;-)

Quick question: why are so many Epon irons and drivers "limited editions"? I get it that OEMs put out a driver every few years as a limited run, but seems as if every new set of irons or driver from Epon is "limited". Marketing??

Actually this isn't usually the case. Only recently for Epon. The Zero, Personal and Zen are the first time I have seen more than one limited model from Epon in a year. (some years none).

But its certainly a ploy used by many brands to create demand and raise prices.

My guess the driver is limited because they don't expect to sell too many.....

IMO the extra cc's in a driver is not going to make it go farther. Easier to hit? I guess, still don't see

10cc making a diff with a slower swing. Without being hot, ie: cor being over .83 I don't see the point.

Making it longer (shaft) for added distance does not make it user friendly, besides you can take any

driver and install a longer shaft.....

Limited edition doggie head covers, limited edition Personal irons, limited edition Zen putters, limited edition Zero driver (I think!) and now limited edition "new driver". Seems like these guys have taken a page out of the Cabbage Patch dolls!

Love just about anything Epon...just want them to release a driver that's a true bomber, not one for only slow swings or athletic swings.

Actually this isn't usually the case. Only recently for Epon. The Zero, Personal and Zen are the first time I have seen more than one limited model from Epon in a year. (some years none).

But its certainly a ploy used by many brands to create demand and raise prices.

I didn't realize the Zero was limited.

Hmmm it does not appear as if it is limited anymore.

Originally when they first released it, it was dubbed as limited and even close to being sold out but it no longer says that on the specs.

I guess its more popular than I thought.

My guess the driver is limited because they don't expect to sell too many.....

IMO the extra cc's in a driver is not going to make it go farther. Easier to hit? I guess, still don't see

10cc making a diff with a slower swing. Without being hot, ie: cor being over .83 I don't see the point.

Making it longer (shaft) for added distance does not make it user friendly, besides you can take any

driver and install a longer shaft.....

.83, try a few more !!

My guess would be??

Epons primary concern is not sales and I think that's a great thing.

I'd rather have these unique niche models be limited over their meat and potatos line up.

The good thing is when Epon says limited it actually is. Not like bigger JDM brands that produce thousands.

i33 disappeared fast, ZEN is gone, not sure on personals but it's IMO the best blade ever.

The ZERO got a bad wrap off the start but I've got it dailed in pretty well now and it's a great head. I was one of the first nay sayers due to forgiveness but hey I'm eating my foot as its been in the bag for almost 2 weeks and working very well.

All they need now is a mid range line up along with wedges and new fairways.

So something like, say a 103 Driver and a 503 Iron??

Epons primary concern is not sales and I think that's a great thing.

I'd rather have these unique niche models be limited over their meat and potatos line up.

i33 disappeared fast, ZEN is gone,

Don't get me wrong, I do quite like the fact that they are limited. I'm one of those guys that likes to

show up with something nobody else has.

My beef with the new slow speed driver is it being non conforming when not making one that is.

I've had many an offer for my i33 Putter..... same will hold true with the Zen soon.

:tsg_smiley_putter2:

While Epons, limited editions certainly appeal to us golfers (especially the ones that own them) it is my opinion that it is more a case of Endo shouting "Hey look what we can do" towards the large EOMs. At the end of the day it is the Callaways etc that are going to pay the bills, not 500 people buying a Zen. Also while the Zen is truely limited, if you put the production run of the AF-102 against say the TM R11 many would consider it limited too.

Edited by Hamkenstein

You pays ya money, you takes ya Chance!!

While Epons, limited editions certainly appeal to us golfers (especially the ones that own them) it is my opinion that it is more a case of Endo shouting "Hey look what we can do" towards the large EOMs. At the end of the day it is the Callaways etc that are going to pay the bills, not 500 people buying a Zen. Also while the Zen is truely limited, if you put the production run of the AF-102 against say the TM R11 many would consider it limited too.

That's what I think to. They are doing it because they can. Oh what would my life be like without the personals. Hurry up Epon make new FW's Wedges, and Hybrids!!! Better yet make them for the same target as the Personals & Zen are made for...US!

In the end more is better IMO. The limiteds are fantastic as they remind me of Ferrari's where it's very hard to buy brand new and they hold their value really really well. When the Zen sold out we had several offers well over MSRP for our last one. Tempting but nope its gonna stay in my display case at home.

well, i'm not sure that callaway is paying the bills right now...

Oh man that is rough. :atsg_smilie_punch: lol.

Anyway IF there is a new Epon 470 driver it shouldn't be an issue as you know there will be new players & semi players down the pipeline anyway. Paint it gold, white, and pink I don't care it wouldn't fit my game anyway and if it does I'm painting in black..:o)

At least Epon doesn't spray the ludicrous term 'prototype' on a retail production item...

My dream for the perfect Epon driver is :

Shape at address is true pear shape, like the Technicity 380 or a Yonex eZone 380. This probably means volume will be 380 to 400cc, or 420 maybe?

Performance, sound and feel will be based on the Adams 9015... I suspect weight pad on bottom of the Adams is somehow key - looked to me like Ryoma were 'inspired' by it ;-) so it seems to do the job... add some modern Adams aerodynamics if possible.

Loft, lie, face angle, weight to be custom ordered after demo/test with an adjustable hosel version.

Head finish will be no paint - brushed nitrided titanium. The nitriding makes the Titanium surface harder and far more scratch resistant... as well as a rather fetching colour - kind of the old Titleist grey but in a matte finish.

something like this Ventura Watch...

v_matic_back2.jpg

Well I can dream...

Im easy to please.

my dream epon driver will be a EPON ZERO HI COR that is as forgiving and easy to

hit as the EMS. they can paint it any color they want.

Im easy to please.

my dream epon driver will be a EPON ZERO HI COR that is as forgiving and easy to

hit as the EMS. they can paint it any color they want.

Order 2. ;-)

Theyd sell boat loads....

All in Good Time...