EPON High Repulsion - EHR Driver

gocchin

We're in for some exciting months from Epon.

A huge bag of demo clubs arrived today and I started taking pictures of the new EHR driver which I will blog about tomorrow.

Here is one of the pictures I took with some of the key specs. (more pics to follow after I do my blog)

You can ask me any questions you want about the EHR as I have already been briefed by Epon but I will not comment specifically on other future releases as I can only talk about them when Epon gives me the green light for each.

post-8383-0-96869800-1343737643.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice T. Very high COR/thin face looking at the max Driver SS?

COR is around 0.87 0.88 but yes the face is very thin. It is becoming increasingly difficult for high end forged drivers to have COR any higher than 0.88 these days.

I'm saying Nowt!!

So Epon is getting into the rich senior market like the Majesty and the likes. It is a bit disappointing.

Yea I'm new to JDM but really looking forward to some cool releases.

Yes, but who comes up with these names??? Did anyone in marketing at Epon look up the English meaning of "Repulsion"?? Basically means with utter disgust or intense distaste!!

I'm saying Nowt!!

You say nowt but thats because you are not its target audience.

So Epon is getting into the rich senior market like the Majesty and the likes. It is a bit disappointing.

Well the rich senior market is hot here in Japan as witnessed by Ryoma, Honma, Majesty, and the premium lines every brand comes out with ie Yamaha Classic, Tourstage ViQ premium. XXIO Prime etc.

Epon is probably going to do well with the EHR.

That would be repulsive wouldn't it?

Yes, but who comes up with these names??? Did anyone in marketing at Epon look up the English meaning of "Repulsion"?? Basically means with utter disgust or intense distaste!!

Yes but it also means

Noun 1. repulsion - the force by which bodies repel one another

repulsive force

force - (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity; "force equals mass times acceleration"

attraction, attractive force - the force by which one object attracts another

2. repulsion - intense aversion

repugnance, revulsion, horror

disgust - strong feelings of dislike

3. repulsion - the act of repulsing or repelling an attack; a successful defensive stand

standoff

stand - a defensive effort; "the army made a final stand at the Rhone"

repulsion is a noun used commonly by Japanese manufacturers when discussing the spring effect of a club face.

Even more 'bling' than the white fairways.

It looks a little too swept back for my tastes, but I'm not it's intended market, so I will show it some 'repulsion'!! :tsg_smilie_yuk:

You say nowt but thats because you are not its target audience.

Well the rich senior market is hot here in Japan as witnessed by Ryoma, Honma, Majesty, and the premium lines every brand comes out with ie Yamaha Classic, Tourstage ViQ premium. XXIO Prime etc.

Epon is probably going to do well with the EHR.

You are probably correct. I guess there would be a new (gold color) irons with PW at 38* loft like the Classic.

Edited by Duffer19

I do like the name though

You are probably correct. I guess there would be a new (gold color) irons with PW at 38* loft like the Classic.

Haha I hope not!

It oozes quality. The design is beautiful and although it's for players with 92 miles or slower i still want to hit it.

Perfect for its intended customer.

If Epon has any interest at all in the US market, they should seriously reconsider the name. Repulsion in English is immediately thought of as a very negative term associated with intense dislike as in "I am repulsed (meaning disgusted) by his actions". No one in the US is thinking of the term as it relates to physics...unless of course you are a scientist:)

You could argue that the US is not their intended market for this driver but why choose a name that has a negative connotation??

Why am I starting to have flashbacks to our discussion of Kamikazi shafts:)

Yes but it also means

Noun 1. repulsion - the force by which bodies repel one another

repulsive force

force - (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity; "force equals mass times acceleration"

attraction, attractive force - the force by which one object attracts another

2. repulsion - intense aversion

repugnance, revulsion, horror

disgust - strong feelings of dislike

3. repulsion - the act of repulsing or repelling an attack; a successful defensive stand

standoff

stand - a defensive effort; "the army made a final stand at the Rhone"

repulsion is a noun used commonly by Japanese manufacturers when discussing the spring effect of a club face.

Edited by swisstrader

I remember repulsion from my physics class in high school.

In this case the driver face and the ball. Ball being hurled in the

Opposite direction . High cor, high repulsion makes sense.

Can't wait for epons version for the average guy with swing speeds

Over 105mph!

OK, scientists and Spoon;)

My swing speed is about 88 mph and it would not work for me with a 13* loft. I have to set my Gloire with Fire Express to 9* (from 10.5) to make the launch to close to optimum. This should work for a SS of under 80 mph.

Haha. Don't worry Swiss, I'm sure youl like one of epons future releases.

No doubt Spoon. Having my 151 w fubuki shaft cut down an inch today. Classic tradeoff between distance with longer shaft vs hitting more consistently in the sweet spot.

Love my epon driver, but want more distance and like you, waiting for epon to produce something for the "common man"! For now I am a bit repulsed by what they are producing (sorry that was bad,)

Edited by swisstrader

No doubt Spoon. Having my 151 w fubuki shaft cut down an inch today. Classic tradeoff between distance with longer shaft vs hitting more consistently in the sweet spot.

Love my epon driver, but want more distance and like you, waiting for epon to produce something for the "common man"!

Patience, with the zero announced and this EHRdriver clearly for zeros and rich seniors, the driver for the common man

Is due soon lol

OK, I deleted just in case I offended any geriatrics out there

Edited by swisstrader