NS prototype shafts... the skinny

supo

As ive been asked numerous times by many what are the variances of the NS proto range.

i thought i might just open a thread for everyone to get an idea of what the these shafts are all about .

besides the look, which is awsome , (but not to everyone ive learned. )... the feel of them is extreme

remember....,

these are the shafts are put out by NS to the US tour players to get an idea of what plays how , and then they take the info back to the retial market and make the shafts that we get.

1150, modus. superpeening..... etcetc..

heres a brief outline of the way these play as i see it.

ive got them all.

and they are all vastly differnt beasts.

NS really do make shafts that perform totally differntly , and theres a shaft for all players and in all conditions.

what i really SHUD do is get the same heads on al lthe differnt shafts for difernt conditions

that would be perfect.

but it will also be expensive

heres my drawing tool version of flight

dont laugh its fricvken hard to use this bloody thing..!

the codes are..,

ORA= superpeening orange

DP= modus 3

2f15s= 1150

c10= not sure.. i think they are close to SP blue. my faves, heavier and punchy, awsome shafts.

2s14s = i havnt played yet in irons but are juts incredible in wedges are the best wedges shafts ive hit.

ive got htem all and i play them, all.

they are horses for courses indeed.

excellent shafts.

Love your drawing and Modus 3 and 1150 ball flights are spot on for me. Not tried the others but your post gives me a good understanding of each shaft.

cheers.., they really are quite differnt shaft profiles.

i really like to play the 1150 style shafts a lot .

esp , when its hot and no wind on fast greens. these are awsome shafts.

the ball soars very high very quickly.. and falls. they are prob. 1/2 club longer than the others as i dont think they have as much spin as the DP (modus). these are very very good shafts to play all round .

these were my faves till i hit the c10s , then the DPS whcih are newer and more tech.

Edited by supo67

Stew - would you say the 1150 launch and shaft profile are similar to C-Taper??

hahahaahh i got it here!

and no , nothing like the ctpers.

iahd them all out at the range yetserday just looking at flights

hence this post.

the c-tapers are kinda more like the c10s, BUT the c10s are about a billion times niocer to hit.

well not a billion but a LOT.

the c-tapers are long, the ball def goes a club longer with these shafts no doubt at all.

i dont like the c-tapers kick point. it upsets me. dont know why it just does.

i dont like the ORA kick point either, but they are nothing alike and i hink the kick is very similar.

the sp blue.. would be most like c-tapers.

yea.............,

could you give me a little more detail comparing the c10's and sp blues (weight, kickpoint, feel, etc)

I like the ball flight drawing of the ORA. It looks like a aeroplane on take off which is just what I'm after. Gonna have to try some of those out.

I like the ball flight drawing of the ORA. It looks like a aeroplane on take off which is just what I'm after. Gonna have to try some of those out.

I wouldn't want to be on your flight!!, looks like it reaches the rotate point,then crashes!!

Some flight lol...

BUT

stews drawing of the Modus is spot on!!

Edited by DaleUK

I wouldn't want to be on your flight!!, looks like it reaches the rotate point,then crashes!!

Some flight lol...

BUT

stews drawing of the Modus is spot on!!

Crashes and burns. just like my game! Lol

For me and my swing, the Modus seem to get up just a fraction quicker (spitting hairs) than the drawing shows, and this is why I think the SP Orange COULD be the way forward...........or get some lessons :atsg_smilie_punch:

Stew

Given the flight path of each, how do the Flex rating compare

Ie:

Modus3 "s" against the Orange "s" flex??

both the ora and the dp are softer ,but extremely playable for me. i just like the stiffer shafts a bit better bec my misses now then to be lateral and hte stiffer shafts keep the ball o nthe straigh and narrah better than the S, i cant hit a straight ball i have to see huge arcs, ala bubba. so, with the stiff shafts iover cook the balltoo much , with the X if ain left of target nad tr yand slide her back in, chich is my stock shot, then the X will only move a little bit and hte miss ( all things being equal) will not kill me, wit hthe stiff , i loose a lot of distance and lots of lateral slide.

saying that when im "on" the stiff flight is magnificent to look at , the ball goes all over the place, but for safety ill use the X.

both the ora and DP flex are very similar tollerances, one is def not stiffer than the other..

splitting hairs...

the DP i find are shoirter and softer i nthe scoring rions than the oras.

i had the ora STIFF in the yamaha 2008 tours and played these as good as any iron ive ever played, so of course i broke them up nad sold them

like an IDIOT....!

Mate

Those pictures look like the urinating trajectory of the male as he ages

and played these as good as any iron ive ever played, so of course i broke them up nad sold them

like an IDIOT....!

haha , we all go thru those!

Stew,

Where would you put the monacos compare to all these nippon

Haha vie asked him that question a dozen times! Monacos are just different.

They are certainly nit bland. They slice thru the wind like angry birds LOL

I saw you were quick on em Monacos. I'm also dying to hear the comparison, especially comparing to Modus and C Taper

I saw you were quick on em Monacos. I'm also dying to hear the comparison, especially comparing to Modus and C Taper

I'm coming from modus to protos to monacos.

I like my monacos best in the blades. They just work

And are unlike any true temper shaft. They actually feel

Like cousins of the protos.

Looks like a shaft I must one day try...... Hmmm have to be quicker on the button next time it's on BST

Stew,

Where would you put the monacos compare to all these nippon

I'm also dying to hear the comparison, especially comparing to Modus and C Taper

i'm also eager to hear how the monacos compare to these shafts!