NS prototype shafts... the skinny

supo

well...,

all my best heads haveended up witht he monaccos in them, over the last 9 months ive just eveolved to this, it was nt acomscious decision.

i started with the srixon pro 100s that i leave back in oz. with stiff flex. they are just alitle on the movement side of what i prefer to play. i cud have hard stepped them and they would be ideal. but that occured to me too late. so i left as is. ten iahd the option of shafting my ONLY set of cavities ill ever get,, the miura cb3002s............ with either the NS proto 2f15s ( ns 1150) ofr the monaccos.

i chosd the monaccos here bec the ns protos went in another set of srixon pro 100s ,and they became my games till the personals popped up a few weeks ago.

the monaccos in these heads are absolutely magnificent. o

nce again i shuda hard stepped them bec ican get them to move about a bit, but the fligt is perfect, and with a

swing weight of d9..................... yes................

i was a bit worried. then i took them out and won that mini tourny eariler this yr. dont think they gonna get changed...any century soon.

the differnce in the srioxon withthe NS and the monaccos is big, i much prefer the feel and performance of the NS pros. but i play hte monaccoshafted ones very well, they live forthe links, low , strong and solid, the feel of the heads isnt as good as wit hthe NS tho. and the other set i have down under is with NS c10s ver yheavy and very punch, these have easily usurped the monacco, in identical heads. easily...

the NS seems to play better in say harder compound heads, and the monacco seem to play better in the softer ones like endo stuff.

not saying the NS dont play well, bec the DP shafted af tours i have are incredible, but overall this is what im noticeing.

im gettign one of my sets on miura 5002s shafted with the DPx (modus3) im almsot certain, these will be kinda awsome. the 5002 heads are so much better than the other miura bladed heads ive played i cant begin to describe it. no idea why, but they are, i got these courtesy of a post by a guy on WRX ages ago who almost demnded i NOT get the 1957s nor the 5003s, he was so aggressive on it i listend and damn glad i did. bec these are miles better, but miost guys wont like them bec the PW looks "odd and off set" serisulky dumabasssssss comment ... these are his best blades (not ism made by miles. ) iwas initially going to put the monaccos in them bec the other set ihave has the x-100s and these are alomst my gamers, they have usurped the srixon pro 100s . the x100 are re gripped with perfect pro blues and they are headed down under to join some esteeeemd cousins.

epon 301--monacco (unplayed yet)

srixon pro 100--NS c10

srixon pro100--monacco S

yamaha 2009 NON TOUR--KBS protos blacks.

mura 5002 --x 100...

sakamoto blades--KBStour X

these babies live in oz, think i have all bases covered here.

one thing ive learned , is that shaft DO play differnt in differnt heads, some suit well some not as well.

the sakmotos with kbs are EASILY one club onger than everything else. easily...

takes re jigging my head when i take these out. the 5iron is pretty much as long as a 3 /4 iron, just higher.

weird to get ur head around.

ive got a set of monaccoc tour X felx that i ahvnt haeded yet bec i have NO idea what to put them in.

they are HEAVY but no more so than the c10s but they are harsher.

they play amazingly well i nthe epon perosnalls, in thX flex but they dont have the elctric feel of the NS .

ilike that electric twing..i really realyl like it, nothing feels looks better than whne i connect wit ha 3 iron ESPECIALLY with the srixon pro 100s and the c10s,, jee thats hard to describe u just picku p yr club , jaw agape and looking lovingly at the sole..... while the baron ,scuffs his feet ruing anothe snap hook and another payout .

cant say anything about nst the c-tpaers bec im not a fan , even the protos i ahve i dont like.

the kick point juts feels all wrong.

its not obviously!!!!!

but i just dont like em, same as i dont like DG anything except the x-100s

all round shaft u can not compete with and hence impossible to beat the monaccos.

the NS protos are very specific flights and id hate to go ut day in out with the c10s.

the DPS hovewr ever,,,, well modus 3 exists bec of them.

Edited by supo67

that's some awesome information and i'm going to need to read it a few more times to take it all in. thank you!

in the mean time, let me ask something more specific...how would you directly compare the monacos in terms of trajectory, spin, and distance to the sp blues? (don't be afraid to draw another diagram because that was extremely helpful!) the reason i ask is that i was able to shaft a set of irons with the sp blues expecting the performance of the c-taper but with even better feel. ironically, (for me) the c-tapers far surpass the sp blues in feel so i'm wondering if i might be able to give the monacos a go without adding too much spin or trajectory height.

sorry about my typing im lazy and mutodied at it.

i do it all day and my left hand cant keep up with the right. im a mong!!

well.. the the monacco are classy DGs300s. dgs30s play............................ just fine , but can be a bit harsh.. the monacco are not. especially when it gets a bit cold. the monacco kinda feel like they are ruberised.. the NS blue are similar, thay can be prett y harsh in the cold. but super straight. they dont like to be moved about.

in epon af tours ,the ns blues are pretty impossible to beat.

spin of the monacco is variable, they are flighted so the 3-4- 5 iron , which tend to go high, esp VS the NS blues. but the scoring irons are damn straight... they seem a lot tighter. i can get the best left right cut spin rom the 8-9-pw , i mena relaly good spin, + i cna knock them down flat and they check spin sit,

i didnt get that as much with the NS blues. nadi got absolutely nothing like it withte the c-tapers..

to me they just wnt dead low nothing else. i was immenslt dissapointed.

maybe u need ot be a bit stronger to get the best out of them but i ddint get it what so ever.

i dont get it out of the KBS tours either. they just go far.

i get MUCH better spin control form the x-100s to be honest.

in the miura heads t hese things are greta , they are great i nthre yonex ezone and the yamaha tours aswell.

i dont mind having them in my rotationwhat so ever.. they go goooooooooooooood.

distance i dont care about what so ever. i know that every monacco shot i hit withthe same club is pot on. dead set spot on.

same as the modus 3. the x100s ,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they kinda wander about a bit more , but its fine

monaccco are tight in dispersion.

sp blue are lazer like in precision they dont wander, they dont move. they go 164.5 yards every time.

but u cant move em.

the monacco i can /haveclubbed down . last week on the 174 yard par 3 i hit...................

20 ballsat the green

(yes i repaired every divot...!)

with 7 and 6 irons i was drawing(attmepting to ) withthe 7 and getting mixed results but, they were all landing pretty mu8c identical distance.

then the 6 iron i was cuttuing back ot he pin , MUCH MUCH better reults. and again every one was spot on, naturally not fricken one went anywhere near the damn hole!!!! but the landing spots were...the same distance. trajectory was high and landed soft. the 7 iron is pertty high but a storng high it doesnt go straight up like say the NS1150 so, this thing kinda creeps, like the sp roange , but not really here lemme try and demonstare thru my illustartions..................,,

hah look at that huh,, i FOUND the psray can option...!

sugoi ne!

anyway i think this is what im trying to say...

the sp blues just do th esamething low .nice arc. roll plenty of roll.

the x100 are slightly higher with a rounder arc.

the monacco are all over the place bec they are flighted, the 3 iron get up very quickly and soars then roll out . the 7 iron something simlar but not as high to start, and the PW is low to high then drops fast.

exactly what i needed to know, thank you!

my biggest problem is too high of a ball flight and too much spin...hence the reason i'm into the c-tapers and spb's. with the c-tapers i can stop any iron...4, 8, pw, whatever within a foot or two of my ball mark. with most other shafts i'm worried about backing my scoring irons off the green. i wouldn't be opposed to a higher ball flight as long as dispersion was good and i could still knock them down in the wind if i need to...but i definitely don't want any more spin. i love the feel of the c-tapers but i was wanting to try a heavier shaft. in order to do that with the c-tapers i'd have to move up a flex and that's a deal breaker. i sure wish i got the same feel out of the spb's that others have!

im sending you some super low spinning low launching 2s14x protos.

youl need more paper for your drawings!

i'm finally catching up on all this iron info and now you throw another shaft i want to know about into the mix!!!

i'm finally catching up on all this iron info and now you throw another shaft i want to know about into the mix!!!

the 2s14 is the godzilla godfather of the proto lineup.

dubbed king of the protos by guys that have tried it

is the lowest launching, lowest spinning nippon shaft

ever made. it feels less harsh than the sp blues.

these were the prototypes of the SP blues. how then

is the SP blue harsh while these are not? simple these

are heavier thus giving the perception of smoother.

downside with most that have tried em is that they are beefy @135 grams in X

i have been trying to track down some in S, in my 4 years of searching i have

never found one.

yea. im dying to try these but im undecided on what to throw them into.

the c10s a re exaclty what i like to feel. perfeection.

the 5002s are a huge candiadte for these.

if i go that route i can re shaft the af tours with the dp x instead of the stiff. make em a bit punchier.

ithought about the af tours, but they are a heavy head , it may be too much with the s14s.

theyreally are a LOT heavier in the wedges i ahve i love them in the marus s

ill try them in the perosnals.. jusssssssssssst in case...!

yea. im dying to try these but im undecided on what to throw them into.

the c10s a re exaclty what i like to feel. perfeection.

the 5002s are a huge candiadte for these.

if i go that route i can re shaft the af tours with the dp x instead of the stiff. make em a bit punchier.

ithought about the af tours, but they are a heavy head , it may be too much with the s14s.

theyreally are a LOT heavier in the wedges i ahve i love them in the marus s

ill try them in the perosnals.. jusssssssssssst in case...!

"With great risk comes great reward” Thomas Jeffersson

• 2 weeks later...

the modus are the dp.. but thicker sturdier. and maybe just a bit heavier,

THE 1050 AND 1150 ARE almost identical flght, just lighter i nthe 1050s they are a bit foster lighter than the 2f15s but same thing.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Supo is so right on with his drawings. I understand the ORAs are like the NSP Orange with their "drop dead" ball flight, and I must say that is spot on! I put NSPO stiff in an identical 6 iron and compared that to a Modus 130 Stiff. I'm installing the NSPOs in my set! Loved the feel, and with my quick transition, I was consistant. I found myself with the Modus 130s that my consistancy was lacking, and every third shot I hit it fat. I would love to find an EI shaft profile for the SPOs. The SPOs felt like DG S300's, but not as harsh in my opinion. Again, thank you supo, and since your post on cavity backs versus blades, I'm going back to blades. As Eca said to me, it is like going back to training to hit the nail on the head! Cheers Mate

the c-tapers are long, the ball def goes a club longer with these shafts no doubt at all.

i dont like the c-tapers kick point.

yea.............,

The C-Tapers have a steeper CPM from the longer irons to the shorter irons. The is much steeper, than say the NS Pro SP Blue.