guage design................aluniser.

supo

Gents , i got my mits on a heck of a putter recently its a sus 303 .

i played it extensively in hokkaido last week with great results. its prob a bit too light but matters not bec its really nice to play and i seem to roll it very nicely.

now i dont know a THING about this company but , the putter i have is a golds factory made modified one , its got the G mark on it so sent the photo to sasaya san and he knows the putter bec it was made for a certian Japanese pro who likes funny hats in 2002...

i have been a bit taken by this putter, the feel is really quite differnt to my other ones. very hard to explain, but it is.

its kinda hard/ soggy all round . the feel is the same the whole facet hru, theres no had and soft spots , everyhwhere feels the same and everywhere feels lovely,

those that know this company and its wears can u pls give me an iside on them, i see tons of guage design stuff about and i had an aluminium putter of there s a while back but it turned out to be a piece of cheap assssss spam ,the fricken neck broke!

so i steared clear of them till this one popped up and theres NO way i cudda said n to this little black duck.

in general is this label any good, bec THIS putter i have is lovely.....

but the old one was horrific. ?

Edited by supo67

Stew,

No offense but this was before your time on TSG. An iconic putter that we all owned. I believe that they weighed 330-350g depending on model. Feel and roll were high points. Look pretty also.

Apparently it's quite a long story with a lot controversy surrounding the Gauge Design brand. From what i understand there are now 2 gauge designs, one in Japan and one, controlled by Whitlam, for the rest of the world. Some claim the japanese stuff is much higher qulity than the Whitlam stuff, and others claim it's the other way around.

Hey if the little Lady works, it wouldn't bother me if my Geand mother made it!!

Stew, I read somewhere before Gold's, Sasaya Sen was part of Gauge Design. Another craftman from Gauge would start Romaro putters after Gauge's dismise.

right thanks fellas il poas the piccy of the putter see if anyoine can recognise the style.

its got some kind of insert in the sole , looks like plastic.

these are from the good old days. I think at the time i joined the G-fields were king ! they made the best putters

and some of the most beautiful irons! they were the ultimate JDM cult sticks at the time!

everyone had to have a premium zone putter and the #4 fairway wood. it was a must!

I remember I ordered and paid for a Pro spec modified Del Mar type putter from TSG but the somehow the inventory was lost as I was advised during the 'transition' period. The Prospec had extra weights on the sole which were quite similar to what Gold's is doing now. Wouldn't be surprised that it was Master Sasaya's handiwork at the time.

this is it

Nice looking Putter Stew

yep it hits the ball very nicely. ive got a cpl of very special pieces now that i cant see going too many places too soon , i hope my son is right handed. hell have a few bits and bobs to play with if he is..,

yep it hits the ball very nicely. ive got a cpl of very special pieces now that i cant see going too many places too soon , i hope my son is right handed. hell have a few bits and bobs to play with if he is..,

face like this? if so thats based of the Gfield premium zone. every self respecting Tsger had one at one time!

http://www.tourspecgolf.ne.jp/gold/golfpartner/image/016/128/item2047394p2.JPG

face like this? if so thats based of the Gfield premium zone. every self respecting Tsger had one at one time!

http://www.tourspecgolf.n...em2047394p2.JPG

Still using one now but guessing Stews' doesn't have the premium zone insert?

• 4 months later...

T.....,

i think it might hav been his actual putter. it has "staff only "on it and his shingo stamp on the face. iu cant confirm it yet.. but i have a contact that knows him so ill find out.. its sus 303 and its super to play. been mucking around with it again and im a big fan of the non milled face for rolling balls the ball sticks o the face it feels like... this is a beaut one.. one of my better ones...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll ask GT if that was Shingo's actual putter and let you know. I like the GF Gold's Factory stamping on the Aluinser back when Sasaya-san was with GD JPN.

Wouldn't it be cool to restore that sucker? They were very expensive back in the day.

I'll ask GT if that was Shingo's actual putter and let you know. I like the GF Gold's Factory stamping on the Aluinser back when Sasaya-san was with GD JPN.

Wouldn't it be cool to restore that sucker? They were very expensive back in the day.

Let the premium zone be reborn!

This is interesting, this putter was made by David Whitlam while he worked for George Takei at Gauge Design Japan. So where does the GF come from?

Well that was over a decade ago when Gold's was just starting out and Sasaya had something to do with the concept of it.

Was this the putter played by Shingo? unfortunately no it wasnt. The "Staff Only" was sort of like a prototype. It was a test sample pre production. Shingo's had much less stamping on it.