Taylor Made 500 shaft ?

pargolfing

I have a Taylor Made 500 8.5* with a proforce 65 s flex shaft. I have been hitting the ball straight with this combo but too low. Anyone have a shaft recomendation to get ball flight up. I was using a Cleveland Launcher 9.5* with the NV 65 proto (probably shouldn't change perfect high long flight). I'll probably stay with that combo if I cannot get the the right shaft in the Taylor. Any ideas appreciated. :D

I have one but it is a 9.5 with the same shaft as your's . If money is not a concern for you , this is what I'm going to have put in next a 660TR Fuji . I have a medium height ball flight so hopefully that will work and bring the flight up some . Shaft is a recommendation from Joe , if not am done with the club and off to the B/S/T or eBay it will go . :(

Mike, Do you know what kind of price I would be looking at on the fuji? I would not mind spending the money if I was sure it would help. Do you know if the 500 head provides a much lower flight ? I just can't understand why the Cleveland with 1* difference changes the ball flight so much particularly with the NV. (cause I thought it creates a lower boring flight).

Mike, Do you know what kind of price I would be looking at on the fuji?  I would not mind spending the money if I was sure it would help.  Do you know if the 500 head provides a much lower flight ?   I just can't understand why the Cleveland with 1* difference changes the ball flight so much particularly with the NV. (cause I thought it creates a lower boring flight).

Am not to sure on the cost but I do know it is at least $$$ .

The 500 does in fact hit the ball lower as it a low spin , low launch driver .

Have read that on another site and asked some question about it also .

The reason I choose the 660TR over the other shafts that were recommended is the amount of torque it has 3.4 Any thing under 3.0 I have to work way to hard to hit .

That could be the reason and also the kick point as to why you are hitting your so much lower than your Cleveland .

If you anymore questions I'm sure if you were to PM Joe with the questions you have , he'd be more than willing to help you .

I'm having Joe install mine next month :D I'll be on holidays and am stopping in to see him for some other work also.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
I have a Taylor Made 500 8.5* with a proforce 65 s flex shaft. I have been hitting the ball straight with this combo but too low. Anyone have a shaft recomendation to get ball flight up. I was using a Cleveland Launcher 9.5* with the NV 65 proto (probably shouldn't change perfect high long flight). I'll probably stay with that combo if I cannot get the the right shaft in the Taylor. Any ideas appreciated. :D

D,

The Proforce is more "tip stiff" than the NV 65 which will lower your ball flight. The Speeder 660 has a softer tip with 3*+ torque; an excellent lightweight shaft which should give you excellent results. Why don't you try an NV 65 shaft in the R500 to regain the trajectory you want? Plus, it is less expensive than the Speeder. The R500 is too good a head to sacrifice. I really like my R500 with the 757 Speeder.

Mike/Par don't give up on the 500 head yet...... I can reccommend the FUJI TOUR RELEASE 27.3 shaft, high launch- low spin and feels like velvet.

I'm going to try an NV Orange proto in a 500 head soon(I hope), I'm thinking this could be THE shaft for me, as I really like the NV but could do with a higher traj. I'll let you know how it works.....

I've tried both FUJI 757 & 652 but never really liked either(too harsh for my taste, can only describe it as ('brittle feeling') although consistency was/is very,very good with the 757. I suppose i'm a bit of a 'soft-tip' fan really, although I think I'd better not use that phrase in public :oops:

Looking,looking always looking eh? :roll:

Corky , no way I'm giving up on the 500 yet . Getting a 660TR installed by Joe in just over a week . From all the research and readind's I've done on that shaft , it looks like it will be a damn near perfect fit for me .

Don't have a soft-tip swing as I can get pretty violent on the downswing :lol:

If the tip is to soft , you know where that ball is going . FORE LEFT :(

Will let you know how I like the shaft after palying with it for awhile , cause when I leave Joe's am off to Vegas for a week of golf and sun :D

Corky , no way I'm giving up on the 500 yet . Getting a 660TR installed by Joe in just over a week . From all the research and readind's I've done on that shaft , it looks like it will be a damn near perfect fit for me .

Don't have a soft-tip swing as I can get pretty violent on the downswing :lol:

If the tip is to soft , you know where that ball is going . FORE LEFT :(

Will let you know how I like the shaft after palying with it for awhile , cause when I leave Joe's am off to Vegas for a week of golf and sun :D

What happened to the count down ?