taylormade hank keune mitsubishi rayon shaft - Tour???

wmann

I saw a new taylormade drive in a golf shop with a taylormade hank keune mitsubishi rayon shaft. Is this a tour shaft?

Also does anyone know the specs of the shaft, and whats it might be worth?

Its just a retail shaft, nothing special and worth nothing more than a TM stock shaft. I think it is 80 something grams and mid- low torque

I saw a new taylormade drive in a golf shop with a taylormade hank keune mitsubishi rayon shaft. Is this a tour shaft?

Also does anyone know the specs of the shaft, and whats it might be worth?

Nope, they are just banking on Hank's name, Im sure that he got a fat payout. Its a Mitsubishi Rayon, and it is most similar to the ShaqX, but nothing special, and is offered as an upgrade shaft just like the Vista Pro, UST, etc. They can't make one similar to Hank's real shaft, because he changes every other day it seems.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a R580 XD 9.5* about one month ago with a Mitsubishi Kuehne S:

82 grams, 3.0* torque. A very good OEM shaft. Similar to the Titleist Speeder in feel and performance. Very tight performance; good trajectory, side spin control, and feel...really launches the ball. Mine flexes to 6.5 on the rifle scale. Despite the qualities of the shaft, it cannot overcome the negatives of the head for me. Too large and too muted a sound...thought there was a sock on the head at impact! I'm sticking with my R500 Tour!